Story about High School or College students in EU

i was a student when i joined eu, but technically i havent done anything except depositing...lol:lolup: forget abt subsidising education, rofl

Reactions: dj.
I used to employ pilots who earned a nice amount of money per week but MA screwed over the poor students I employed by nerfing hangars.

Also the problem with these profiting questions is: are they assuming people are taking this money out into the real world as profit or is it just amassing in their ingame accounts. Because if it isn't taken out of game then I wouldn't call it profit. And since it takes 30-90 days to get money out, it's really hard to pay your bills with out really really advanced planning.

aha i agree.

LOL Love all the replies saying "yes, go ahead and promote our game, but be sure to tell everyone it's shit"

EU, like RL, is a place where a good idea and a lot of work can get you somewhere. It's easier to get somewhere in RL, if you count any job and any standard of living as "getting somewhere". The things we can achieve in EU have not even started to be seen.

I see EU as a planet I visit from time to time. It's a virgin place of opportunity wrapped up as a game I like to play. Skills and Loot don't really matter, just what Hurrikane does with his time.

IRL I formed bands, I wrote songs, I wrote books, I sent off scripts and short stories, but never got any reward for creativity; all my days were still spent doing crappy construction jobs that I hated. Since finding EU I've found an outlet and an audience, and the confidence to carry on thinking up stuff. I've looked at what else the internet can bring me. I've quit the building sites, hopefully for good, to work part-time and spend more time doing what I love: playing. I got more "profit" than money could buy. Ok, if I hadn't changed my life to not need so much cash (we reduced our living expenses through various means) I'd still be slogging 12 hours a day on a freezing building site, but before EU there seemed no reason to think I'd ever change things. If I get nice loots (nothing much yet lol) it's just a marvellous bonus to this service MA provides.

Some people rent out storage units, keep a chair and a kettle in them and go there for hours at a time to get away from it all. I come here, and don't see any reason why people should be put off trying their hand at Entropian life. It has more safeguards than RL, and everyone's allowed to try that:)

Good luck finding your subjects ND

Hurrikane

Okay Dont worry, I'll try to make sure that if anything about EU is included in the article...(This is Not a PR story btw, this a journalistic piece) that it be said that Entropia Universe although having produced a few success stories is still a playground for pioneers investing in a Dream of an Expansive Virtual Future... Still too Desolate and Hostile an Enviroment for Students to flock too in the summer in hope of a quick fix for next Year's tuition shortfalls. Entropia Universe, the Great White hope for a Massive Virtual Universe with a Real Cash Economy is still only for the Brave, bold and beautiful dreamers... However, so that Entropia's existing Citizen's virtual dreams are not crushed entirely, let us thank those hapless pioneers now for the Virtual Revolution they are fighting for and give them credit for the opportunity to make cash flying Space ships and slaying robots afforded to high School and College students during the Summer of 2015 which will be known as the "Summer of Virtual Love" When the World Finally embraced their inner Avatars' and sang along with NEVERDIE's hit record "I am My Avatar! I am my Avatar!, I am My Avatar!

Okay Dont worry, I'll try to make sure that if anything about EU is included in the article...(This is Not a PR story btw, this a journalistic piece) that it be said that Entropia Universe although having produced a few success stories is still a playground for pioneers investing in a Dream of an Expansive Virtual Future... Still too Desolate and Hostile an Enviroment for Students to flock too in the summer in hope of a quick fix for next Year's tuition shortfalls. Entropia Universe, the Great White hope for a Massive Virtual Universe with a Real Cash Economy is still only for the Brave, bold and beautiful dreamers... However, so that Entropia's existing Citizen's virtual dreams are not crushed entirely, let us thank those hapless pioneers now for the Virtual Revolution they are fighting for and give them credit for the opportunity to make cash flying Space ships and slaying robots afforded to high School and College students during the Summer of 2015 which will be known as the "Summer of Virtual Love" When the World Finally embraced their inner Avatars' and sang along with NEVERDIE's hit record "I am My Avatar! I am my Avatar!, I am My Avatar!

Seriously, how could I NOT +rep this! hahah, well said!

I might be grasping at straws here, but i seem to remember an avatar that made the news for earning about $30k and using it to fund his brothers college education - I think it was in the states, and I think it was Da...

I could be wrong - and apologies if it wasnt you Da ;)

Yes that was me and I already agreed to the interview :)

on another note to people:

Im guessing about 40-45% of the people ingame profit.
The only reason it seems like alot are losing because if your profiting you have nothing to complain about IE you don't hear alot about it on the forums. All you hear is the otherhalf complaining.

You lose you complain.
You Profit you don't tell a soul cause you don't want other people to do what you do :D So it seems like only 10% profit when alot more do.

I'd bet my avatar almost half of EU is profiting they just don't talk about it.

The only reason it seems like alot are losing because if your profiting you have nothing to complain about IE you don't hear alot about it on the forums. All you hear is the otherhalf complaining.

You lose you complain.
You Profit you don't tell a soul cause you don't want other people to do what you do :D So it seems like only 10% profit when alot more do.

a very very good point there Da.. well put..

You lose you complain.

With all respect. I have to disagree with your estimate...

Article

Hi,

It is always positive to develop the game by having more artciles Press.
We need new players who will be provided with new ideas
and that will be created new business.
But beware article must be objective or give a objective point of vue.
We must not give false hopes because the consequences can be serious.
Just put in the article "cautions".

Good Luck

Nono

0 - 10 $USD:

As EU noob: 2 weeks

As McDonalds burgerflipper: 2 hrs

I hope this is a contra article - encourageing young Americans on burger joint summerjobs ;)

I.

yea ive traded almost every day since i began the game, and that was 2 years ago. I'm only worth about 4-5k peds and have not deposited yet, so this game is more for fun. Considering i do spend my money in game (and lose most of it), I would probably have a bigger amount if I didn't spend money. Nonetheless 500 dollars over two years is crap i could make more mowing lawns, this game is more for the fun. Those who play just for money work with no play. Unless they come across good luck, deposit, or are veteran players of like 3+years.

Also I am a student and eu does take a lot of time, thats why i can balance my social life and this so i have no problem but others "need to get out more"

sum think its a farytail for sur lol

only the ones the haw ma in the pockket gets

riminds me of my offer on 110k usd on the plant sum got for 100k usd in sted

becures i diten get alloud to deposit so big for ma lol

and dam lol

sum think its a farytail for sur lol

only the ones the haw ma in the pockket gets

riminds me of my offer on 110k usd on the plant sum got for 100k usd in sted

becures i diten get alloud to deposit so big for ma lol

and dam lol

Are you saying you tried to buy club neverdie?

If someone is maiing peds per hopur i think they first have huge inital investment which kinda defeats the purpose

its very hard to say I make 100 ped profit an hour because sometimes you win
On average most players lose peds , the difference is some people lose peds but play eco so they play longer increasing a chance of winning
Outside of outright scamming i have fund no guarenteed way to win at this game, just keep playing eco and you have the best chance, but even at that i dont think anyone is making 100 ped profit an hour every hour

EU is definitely not for students that wants to make money from it, I was student and believe me EU got me just problems. I'm working now and this is another story, still to much EU is not good for career. Agree with ND that we need more ppl in this universe but this are not students!
If more ppl that only want to make some money from here are coming I don't see any future in this "game", it will become more and more expensive to play and someday the bubble will burst. Is good that MA is going all over the world to promote the game but in the same time all this campaign is supported by us, ppl that play the game, not by the students that want to make a buck..
Game is already expensive to play, if more ppl will join(and MA don't get more greedy) it will become cheaper to play, but this ppl should PAY to PLAY not PLAY to PAY something with money from here.

Did U know that in the Early days of America, Everyone Complained that you couldn't make money!

People came to America from all over the world with all the promises of Gold in the hills and the Wonderful natural resources, but the problem wasn't the lack of game just the fact that there wasn't enough people in America to create a dynamic marketplace with profit margins to support people..

I look at EU in the same way, its a land of opportunity, Rich with natural resources, but we still haven't reached critical mass in terms of population or variety of items that can be crafted using the raw materials... But It's getting closer, new Planets, new engine, new tools all will move it in that direction...

Hehe ND,

i guess its time for a "PA Teaparty" before we all can enjoy the rich and vast lands of EU ;)

Hehe ND,

i guess its time for a "PA Teaparty" before we all can enjoy the rich and vast lands of EU ;)

Careful now, Bear... It's that kind of seditious, anti status quo, radical talk that got AlphaGeek temp banned back in the day....:sniper::eek:

my opinion

being a student i can ( and im an older student, 29 ) say that the time needed to work a buisness just isnt there. being a trader isnt what is used to be with the auction now. the skills to get to be someone that can craft, or mine all your traded items takes years, not to mention that you need to do that for 4+ hours a day to acheive that. so if a person in high school with a initial deposit of 1k$ USD could possibly have that type of summer job in college, if they played 4 years through high school, maybe 2 years time off before starting college, then they could have a good buisness in college. i been playing for aproximately 2 years with time off in between to study that i cant successfully do it. to be honest with the way the markets been, i dont see it possible anytime this year that anyone can be really successfull.

MaxArfPower

Me!

Greetings, I am a college student at Mesa State College in Colorado. I havent deposited a cent into Entropia and I have got to where I am today, does that make me qualified material? :D
I am 20 years old, I live on campus, I work on campus, my major is currently in the process of changing to the animated arts, and last but not least I still manage to find about 4-9 hours of play time a day for Entropia even with a busy college schedule.

Greetings, I am a college student at Mesa State College in Colorado. I havent deposited a cent into Entropia and I have got to where I am today, does that make me qualified material? :D
I am 20 years old, I live on campus, I work on campus, my major is currently in the process of changing to the animated arts, and last but not least I still manage to find about 4-9 hours of play time a day for Entropia even with a busy college schedule.

But have you withdrawn PEDs to subsidize your income? That's the question that this thread topic is asking....

hmmm...sounds like the "american dream" gone virtual.
I believe if someone does not see this here as a "game" but a service and really has quite a lot a of control over himself, then he could quite probaby make profit. If he started today, not with any initial investment of at least 5 K US$.
If he started 3 years ago and kept all the Axxx amps he looted he can buy a house in a few weeks :D

I think as you say the reality of it is that there really are only a few avatars that make money from this game and can consider themselves a success story. Apparently there are +500k subscribers (dont quote me) I would hazard a guess that there are no more than 30 avatars that withdraw ped on a consistent basis. For 98% of players in EU this really is just a game ;)

Good one ND on working to get EU more publicity. I totally agree that EU just needs to attract alot more players and the economy will start to mature alot more. Hairdressers, make up artists, colourers, crafters, pilots etc will have a regular supply of customers. Alll these businesses struggle because EU doesn't have a big enough player base.

I really think there is opportunity to talk about connecting people from around the world, creating new social networks, business contacts etc. When I tell people about my experience in EU I tell them how I have a really talented friend in Tunisia (I am in Australia) who I met in EU who has done some design work for me and how I paid him in peds. That is the kind of story people like to hear. I think the key is to try and get the story of EU out there so that it is treated as more mainstream and less geeky.

The more complex MA make EU in terms of items and crafting etc the better chance that an economy will grow into something substantial. I think more than anything people should be super supportive of attracting RL companies to set up shop in EU. That's where the jobs will come in servicing their customers etc.

For those who bitch about flunking out of college/uni because of EU I say take a good look at yourself and stop blaming EU - lots of other people manage to balance their lives, I've managed to work full time and complete a Masters degree at night while playing EU. It's about self discipline! When I was studying undergrad uni I only had classes 11 hours a week (full time) so would have loved to play EU back then.

I do agree that making 100 ped an hour from EU is unrealistic for a newly joined non depositing noob and I'd like to see EU marketed for what it is. The marketing message needs to based around the challenge and the opportunity.
"get in early, learn, skill up, the future will be amazing" "tell people that this isn't for the faint hearted - you will need balls to succeed, you'll need to be smart to succeed etc". I remember once telling a new disciple that he will need to play smart to succeed in EU, he promptly told me that he wasn't very bright and that he would quit and find something easier, which I think was probably a good decision for him. At least he was told up front :p

I am super confident in what MA are doing and believe the next few years will see EU go from strength to strength.

If you give me a appartment in cnd, or pay me ... i would say everything you want ... im a student(if you wish) and im making money playing(if you wish)

hehe... i could endup making some money being a virtual student after all ... lol

I am sure there are a few people making 8-10 dollars an hour. At times I have come close to that through trading. ATM though I can make like 10 peds an hour avg and then ofc the hunt after that hour costs me 10 ped +.

High School Student ... yes

Profit ... yes

in US ... no :D

Good luck looking for people for the press, I'm pretty sure there are players like that. ;)

High School Student ... yes

Profit ... yes

in US ... no :D

Good luck looking for people for the press, I'm pretty sure there are players like that. ;)

I High school? yes

I in US? yes

I profit? now is that question based on profiting in EU or simply in online games...

sorry, I mean with online games.

I think the problem with the EU economy is that in the economy money is worth more then it is actually worth, as well as the items. Know what I mean?

I think the problem with the EU economy is that in the economy money is worth more then it is actually worth, as well as the items. Know what I mean?

You mean, like it is in that game with that amazing graphix engine (aka "RealLife" ) ?! :D

I High school? yes

I in US? yes

I profit? now is that question based on profiting in EU or simply in online games...

sorry, I mean with online games.

What fuc$ing shit grammer, 'I in US'?? wtf! :eek:

'I high school?'

What the hell are you talking about? :scratch2:

Is that high school teaching you much?

Dammit, theres people on this forum that speak 2 or 3 different languages, you could at least get you own one right! :(

sorry to flame I'm just confused why you post like this? (not sorry to you, just rest of forum)

Back