Strangest gold card code... anyone have this?

Joker

Marauder
Society
BAHQ
25/01-0516.04

what could this strange code be? i hope posting this doesnt cause any security issues i have a picture on my phone i will upload it tomorrow when i wake up...
has anyone else had this strange code?

i have had the error codes before and this is the first time ever seeing something other then error or a 1 time code...

i searched for this 25/01-0516.04 code on forum but never came up...

25/01-0516.04

what could this strange code be? i hope posting this doesnt cause any security issues i have a picture on my phone i will upload it tomorrow when i wake up...
has anyone else had this strange code?

i have had the error codes before and this is the first time ever seeing something other then error or a 1 time code...

i searched for this 25/01-0516.04 code on forum but never came up...

it's the code MA gives you when you loot a rare armor and they don't want you to withdraw (-=

You accidentaly pushed the top button while inserting the card.

Ive always wondered how it can genertate a secure code when it doesnt have any confirmationcode on screen that shows whos logging in. I guess its bound to my account somehow. But then you can use any code you want, but you must use them in order??

Ex: My bank code generator need 2 sets of confirmation codes to generate the securitycode.

Can anyone spread some light in this please.

I guess its bound to my account somehow. But then you can use any code you want, but you must use them in order??

It's bound to your account because you told them your gold card number. So, they were able to look up how your card makes the numbers, and because they know this, they can tell what the numbers are going to be.
You don't have to use them in order, but the codes depend on one another, so that means if you make too many and then insert another, they can't tell if your numbers are from your gold card (so in the sequence) or if you typed them in randomly or got them in some other way, since they only make a few at a time.
That is also why after that you have to make some more, and pass them to them in a support-case (like it says in the faq) because then they can run the sequence untill they find your numbers again and can reset their computers to the same position your goldcard now is in.

Quick example:

Your goldcard makes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc
another goldcard makes: 3, 4, 5, 6, 3, 4, 5 ,6 etc

if you're both at position one, one makes 1, the other makes 3
if you then skip 2 numbers on, both cards make 4, so you can't tell which one it is, then you make 1,2, so they can see it is indeed your card and you just messed it up.

The bank-cards simply use a different formula to make numbers, with different numbers so even though the mechanics are similar (have known data for ex. bankcard, or goldcardnumber, and then altering the data, by pusing numbers yourself, or letting the goldcard run a sequence, and in the end for both a number comes out).

be careful...

Be careful posting this sort of stuff... hackers out there might be able to use the info you just gave them to reverse engineer your gold card with a new one they make themself right before climbing in to your account and dropping every item off with their own avatar!

Be careful posting this sort of stuff...

Don't worry! It is just a generic description, and my gold-card always makes the code 1111111, but I'll never reveal the order the numbers are in! And even then, you would still have to know my username is 'user' and my password is 'password', and I would never reveal that!

25/01-0516.04
25th day
05 May
16.04 pm

sync to encryption

Reveals nothing

Most likely some sort of production date / batch / software code of the reader. I guess MA bought back then couple of millions of these, so we all have the same codes, lol.

you no it might mean your gonna get rich and if you do plz give me some lol

Ive always wondered how it can genertate a secure code when it doesnt have any confirmationcode on screen that shows whos logging in. I guess its bound to my account somehow. But then you can use any code you want, but you must use them in order??

Ex: My bank code generator need 2 sets of confirmation codes to generate the securitycode.

Can anyone spread some light in this please.

The card is bound to your account. The system knows what card you have and therefore what the next code is going to be. ie the codes can be predicted depending on what card you have == NEVER tell anyone what card you have.

Positing any code in public is very risky.

25/01-0516.04
25th day
05 May
16.04 pm

sync to encryption

Reveals nothing

Not the card I see, it's the reader production date as possibly many others will have for the chip within, that plus commisson date of the card is a different layer and most unlikely to be hacked I suspect.

....or...

January 25, firmware build 0516.04.

Maybe it determines the direction of rotation for your Rattax loot spiral?

it is not a reflection of my gold card... just the reader... i tried the read on a few differnt cards and they all read out the same # i posted in orginal thread

so it is something unique to the card reader... not generated by the card

Don't worry! It is just a generic description, and my gold-card always makes the code 1111111, but I'll never reveal the order the numbers are in! And even then, you would still have to know my username is 'user' and my password is 'password', and I would never reveal that!

:eek::scratch2:
How can you use the same username and password I use alle the time and why does your goldcard produce the same number as mine ?
:D

Back