maffoids east of Fort Argus
Feffoids around Fort Zeus
and Argonauts south of Hadesheim Outpost
for serveral weeks mixing between Opalo + A104 and Mk2
and wearing a full Rascal armor.
I have 3550 in rifle and everytime I get less than 50% loot in return
I cant be anymore economical then I already am
I can get no loot mobs as much as 10 in a row
and when I DO get loot its always less than 2 peds.
is this a coincidence? or whats wrong am I not skilled enough for these mobs?
this is really tearing on my motivation as much as I love this game

I thought to myself I get better loot hunting snables and exos
then hunting these "big" mobs,
thats practicaly all I have been doing since I started,
and for a month or so I have been hunting these togher mobs thinking
I could get better loot and using my skills to its full extent
but its not efficient at all
if I get a global I go +/- 0 or maybe some peds +
but if i dont I loose big time
I really dont care that much about globals and HOF´s
because I hold a steady loot much higher

Hunting low end mobs seems to be the only way to go
but tend to get really boring
and Im not intrested in any other profession than hunting

Can anyone give me any tips or something on what to do?

This is just a working theory but hear me out. I love hunting argonauts, it seems like I can't go wrong. I have quite a few globals from them, and my skills raise quickly. Feffoids on the other hand, never and I mean never give me good loot. On the other side though, I have a mate ingame who loves feffoid hunting and does get good loots from them. I have friends that won't hunt argos for the same reasons. I don't have any details, but it seems that certain creatures, certain times, certain skills and weapons all come into play and vary for different people. How this is decided or why I don't know. I would recommend trying to hunt some new mob types and see what happens. Just my two pecs and Good luck.

Scorpion said:
This is just a working theory but hear me out. I love hunting argonauts, it seems like I can't go wrong. I have quite a few globals from them, and my skills raise quickly. Feffoids on the other hand, never and I mean never give me good loot. On the other side though, I have a mate ingame who loves feffoid hunting and does get good loots from them. I have friends that won't hunt argos for the same reasons. I don't have any details, but it seems that certain creatures, certain times, certain skills and weapons all come into play and vary for different people. How this is decided or why I don't know. I would recommend trying to hunt some new mob types and see what happens. Just my two pecs and Good luck.

thanks but Ive tried almost all diffrent mobs on calypso and Amethera
alot of them are too hard for me these 3 mobs are the toughest I can handle
I know mobs give better loot in difrent times so I tried on diffrent time periods aswell

Rikky said:
thanks but Ive tried almost all diffrent mobs on calypso and Amethera
alot of them are too hard for me these 3 mobs are the toughest I can handle
I know mobs give better loot in difrent times so I tried on diffrent time periods aswell
Rikky,
Have you tried the Cornandacaudas North of Argus on the beach ?
They have been pretty good to me. I switched between them and Argos at either Twin or South of Hadesheim outpost.
Also, how long is your hunt ? Do you spend at least 20 peds on ammo per run ? This is the minimum for me to break even.
Swim.

I agree with Scorpion. Loot works in very strange ways, perhaps you should try your luck in something else other than just hunting.. maybe crafting or mining for example. You never know, something good could happen ;)

Swim said:
Rikky,
Have you tried the Cornandacaudas North of Argus on the beach ?
They have been pretty good to me. I switched between them and Argos at either Twin or South of Hadesheim outpost.
Also, how long is your hunt ? Do you spend at least 20 peds on ammo per run ? This is the minimum for me to break even.
Swim.

thanks for your tips I always go hunting for 100 peds or more
Ok I will try Conundacudas thanks again

Also when you are out hunting, if after about 10 minutes or so the loot is horrible, just go somewhere else!

People seem to have trouble following through with this, but its blatantly obvious...If the loot sucks, and you keep hunting there, you are wasting your time/peds. If you are picky and keep jumping from area to area, eventually you will hit a good spot.

Its that simple!

yup Ricky as all the ppl have said...i think your problem is that you have to the same mob at the same place for a long time.....
If things are not good...move somewhere else....Plus 2 of the mobs you have picked...Maffs and Feffs have a very bad reputation for not looting according to lots of people.....I do hunt them now and again though..but not regularly..
I was having similar problems like you....so got fed up and thought id skill a bit more on low mobs.....went to Atlas island south and hunted east of that with a handgun.....and lo behold...i get 52 ped froma daikaba young...then went to Artax beach and wham...a 350 ped atrax young...
so the msg is move around...and hunt more...and remember even if you dont get ant loot you are skilling all the time :wise:

Magnifico said:
yup Ricky as all the ppl have said...i think your problem is that you have to the same mob at the same place for a long time.....
If things are not good...move somewhere else....Plus 2 of the mobs you have picked...Maffs and Feffs have a very bad reputation for not looting according to lots of people.....I do hunt them now and again though..but not regularly..
I was having similar problems like you....so got fed up and thought id skill a bit more on low mobs.....went to Atlas island south and hunted east of that with a handgun.....and lo behold...i get 52 ped froma daikaba young...then went to Artax beach and wham...a 350 ped atrax young...
so the msg is move around...and hunt more...and remember even if you dont get ant loot you are skilling all the time :wise:

thanks for a good answer +rep

Rikky said:
Hi, Ive been hunting these mobs
maffoids east of Fort Argus
Feffoids around Fort Zeus
and Argonauts south of Hadesheim Outpost
for serveral weeks mixing between Opalo + A104 and Mk2
and wearing a full Rascal armor.
I have 3550 in rifle and everytime I get less than 50% loot in return
I cant be anymore economical then I already am
I can get no loot mobs as much as 10 in a row
and when I DO get loot its always less than 2 peds.
is this a coincidence? or whats wrong am I not skilled enough for these mobs?
this is really tearing on my motivation as much as I love this game

I thought to myself I get better loot hunting snables and exos
then hunting these "big" mobs,
thats practicaly all I have been doing since I started,
and for a month or so I have been hunting these togher mobs thinking
I could get better loot and using my skills to its full extent
but its not efficient at all
if I get a global I go +/- 0 or maybe some peds +
but if i dont I loose big time
I really dont care that much about globals and HOF´s
because I hold a steady loot much higher

Hunting low end mobs seems to be the only way to go
but tend to get really boring
and Im not intrested in any other profession than hunting

Can anyone give me any tips or something on what to do?

When you feel like the action is slow, you can try 2 things.

1. Start near a crowded city, head to a close one on foot and plunder and loot ANYTHING in your path. There are all kinds of mobs on the way. Hunted spots have more consistent loot, whereas distant spots have better items.... or not

2. Read the wiki, check the current LA competitions, head to one and have fun. I never get less than 75% on Amethera. Again, try the crowded areas, I went to the Atrox kickoff kickoff party ;) and 2 in 3 atroxes had loot. Pecs or peds, not that important. Also, try the 3T land with tiny atroxes. Make sure your armor takes them easily as they grow your repair bill fast.

PS: I hate maffoids, they usually give 20 no-loot lines in a row and rarely 2 peds when they do give loot. Try some bots, you could be surprised. Move to a new area everytime one is crappy, try to loot only the mobs that give loot in a specific zone.

Try hunting bots gen 1.

dunno if will help, but Ive always seem to have best success when I dont do the same things at the same places too often. I try to collect different places for a nice rotation (hunting or mining). Visiting the same place once a week or so is often more kind for me.

...also good to have places relatively close to TP's also, as one suggested, if loot sux (few pecs - 0) then is good to pop over to somewhere else and see.

these arent rules and wont guarantee success, just something else to consider while youre out and about.

edit: also a nice Fap will always be your best friend. :)

Your problem is what we are all seeing regardless of what anyone may say, loots screwed right now so all you can do is be sure to hunt smart.

Make sure to aim carefuly and understand how the hit windows on mobs really work. Dont waste ammo by wildly shooting, its better to actually hit your target than to miss it. Hunt mobs within your ability, this will change along with your level of armour and your fapping skills and the weapons you use.

Neox said:
Make sure to aim carefuly and understand how the hit windows on mobs really work. Dont waste ammo by wildly shooting, its better to actually hit your target than to miss it.

yes, careful hunting styles can save a large % of a potential loss...depending on the type of mob and how much it hits for, I often just let it run up to me and hit/miss me first before I start killing it (aside from maybe initial tag shot). Since they nerfed old hit ability just before they introduced "stats" + game "lag" :rolleyes: , its often cheaper to take one armour/decay hit vs 2-3 missed shots from a distance.

About maffoids - teddy bears me lovely mobs, because they give a lot of skills and give a loot. I am very surprized that maff do not give more then 2 peds - usual is 1.5 and often 4 or 5 and time to time more. Yes, as any other mobs, you need global or several mini to in profit. For me it works mostly for 200+ hunt or just stop after global.

But, may be it is a solution, do not make a serious hunt close to TP. For every mob what I planning to hunt I try several spawns and most funny places so far from TP ...

Wot said:
About maffoids - teddy bears me lovely mobs, because they give a lot of skills and give a loot. I am very surprized that maff do not give more then 2 peds - usual is 1.5 and often 4 or 5 and time to time more. Yes, as any other mobs, you need global or several mini to in profit. For me it works mostly for 200+ hunt or just stop after global.

But, may be it is a solution, do not make a serious hunt close to TP. For every mob what I planning to hunt I try several spawns and most funny places so far from TP ...

I don't care if they look like Santa Claus!!! They give normal skills and the ones my team tried to hunt in 3 different days at different times but still around the same region, gave 20-40 no loot messages and then a crappy loot window with 0.6-2.5 peds in it. I do not need to global, I want to kill my mobs, get some peds back, repair, kill more. If I spiral down to brokedom, then how can I hunt again? How can you global if you are unable to buy ammo.

You brought another tip there, one should always look his favorite mob on pe-wiki.info and see where he can pay them a visit.

mrproper said:
How can you global if you are unable to buy ammo.

I managed this on my last ped of ammo, not hunting in amrour can help this as no repairs needed also use something with less dmg to finish off mobs, overkill means wasited pecs, the same type of thing with shots, dont click as fast as you can take your time aim and move with the mob preferably when it is charging at you walk backwards, if you use first person mode and aim mode you wont stop to shoot :wise:, unlike third person and then clicking on the health bar shooting method.

Apart from that same advice as most other people, if crappy loot move on to something else take a break make a cuppa, watch the loot window and if someone globals on a snable or Argo then your chances of doing it are reduced as the loot pool has just been drained, sometimes you will get globals from the same mob and these appear to be in stages like small >50 to 100, medium 100 to 300 and large like 300> This is justa blind assumption but you can see how a loot pool would work if it was like this.

Back