Stupid cowboy builders & other idiots

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I need to rant :D

My greedy landlord has decided to convert the cellar of our building into a flat. That's directly below my flat :banghead:

As if the weeks of constant noise, inconvenience, and the whole house stinking of petrol from their machinery wasn't enough, yesterday I got home to find that the damn cowboy builders had managed to cut through my phone and Internet cable.

AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH YOU TWATS!!!!

After standing for 30 minutes in a callbox waiting for someone to answer my call to BT's fault report line ("We are extremely busy at the moment, your call will be dealt with as soon as possible...") I eventually managed to speak to someone who told me an engineer would be sent out and the problem should be fixed by 5pm on Monday.

Wtf, Monday? So no phone or Internet for the entire weekend? AAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I hate BT 'customer service' staff... I hate cowboy builders... I hate my landlord...

But I love BT engineers, because this afternoon I got a call from one saying that he was coming round, and within a couple of hours he had fixed it, 2 days earlier than promised :yay:

It always amazes me that every time I deal with a BT engineer they are brilliant, but any time I deal with BT call centre staff it's one of the most frustrating and enraging experiences in the world. And these guys are supposed to be in the communications business :scratch2:

So hooray, I'm back, did you miss me? :D

haha yea its the same with my phone/internet company.. it takes hours to get the job done over the phone :rolleyes: glad that everything is fixed now go loot some SGA items and stop posting :laugh:

I concur about BT Engineers.

Took me 10 days recently to get it through to the call center staff that the issue I was having was not with me and was with the line somewhere between me and the exchange. Very damn frustrating doing the same test over and over and over again just to get them to get an engineers out.

When he did get called out to us - the problem, he was a great bloke and had the problem fixed in 20 minutes just down the road.

What an emotional rollercoaster :D Welcome back :silly2:

i had a very similar thing with my cable company. my cable box went out thursday the 3rd, called in they said the soonest a tech could come out would be tuesday the 8th. they wanted me to go 4 days with no cable TV but of course still pay for it.

long story short i got it fixed on thursday.

call centers suck. both calling them and working in them, yes ive had the mis-fortune of working in two. :scratch2:

edit:
why do you label the construction guys cowboys? did they carry 6 shooter on their hips or wear rancher hats or something?

i had a very similar thing with my cable company. my cable box went out thursday the 3rd, called in they said the soonest a tech could come out would be tuesday the 8th. they wanted me to go 4 days with no cable TV but of course still pay for it.

long story short i got it fixed on thursday.

call centers suck. both calling them and working in them, yes ive had the mis-fortune of working in two. :scratch2:

edit:
why do you label the construction guys cowboys? did they carry 6 shooter on their hips or wear rancher hats or something?

'Cowboy builders' generally means assholes who do a job hap-hazardly, because they don't give a damn. They take ages to do any building projects. Oh, yes, I'm venting too.

OMG do they still exist!!?? :eek:

wb :D

Yes they do, and the only time they ever come in useful is when my phone line breaks and I don't want to pay a fortune to be on hold for 30 minutes on my mobile when I could do it for free from a callbox :D

I am lucky enough to have one just round the corner from my house - it used to be that more or less everyone could say the same, but that is no longer the case as apparently most people would rather attempt to have a conversation on a mobile that cuts out every 3 seconds :laugh:

'Cowboy builders' generally means assholes who do a job hap-hazardly, because they don't give a damn. They take ages to do any building projects. Oh, yes, I'm venting too.

That's the fellas :D Though to be fair, in the case of my guys I think they'll get through the job relatively quickly - they're very keen and like to start work at 7am, knocking down walls with a sledgehammer directly underneath my bed...

Yes they do, and the only time they ever come in useful is when my phone line breaks and I don't want to pay a fortune to be on hold for 30 minutes on my mobile when I could do it for free from a callbox :D

I am lucky enough to have one just round the corner from my house...

Just that I couldnt even tell you the last time I saw one, certainly not one near where I live.

Maybe one near the town centre :scratch2:

My town is so small I dont even shop there, I drive to Milton Keynes.

My town promotes "support your local shops" but whenever I try, they sell shit, and well below my standards, and I never find what I need.

Sorry for :offtopic: Im good at that LOL :laugh:

My town promotes "support your local shops" but whenever I try, they sell shit, and well below my standards, and I never find what I need.

Translated - "No Carlsberg"

:D

Blackjack :cowboy:

You wouldn't believe what it cost me to have them do that m8 ;)

Back