SUGGESTION: Food chain

Maus

Young
One of the things i notice, in just about every game like this.

It's EVERYTHING vs. US

Doesnt matter if it's some small plant eating bird, or a giant T-rex ish monster, they are in it together, vs. us.

I'm suggestion: Food chain, some mobs feed on plants, others on other mobs, and mobs are territorial as well, leading to interspecies scuffles.

I'd like to see a real ecosystem out there, and not just for animals... robots hate everything right? have them shoot everything :O.

Just think this would be cool.

Mobs used to attack each other in the 'old' days, unfortunately that has been removed :(

I think this sounds like a great idea! Everything attack you IF you attack first tho. Even chirpys. ;) And ofcourse, Atrox etc. should attack on sight.

that would kick butt

think of having a vidio of 2 Areaonatrox kicking the crap out of each other!!

better yet think of a berry getting chased down by a pair of gen-08's it would be so cool. all the places where mobs mingle would get all mixed up the first couple of days. but you would be able to have like snabs with exos and you wouldent have a problem!!!! that would be so COOL!! :D

But i can imagine a problem - what if you are killing an araneatrox, and a f*****g littah sabakuma is bitting its a*s and it has the last hit? You probably wouldnt get any loot... this would therefor prolly lead to the "My mob system" that works in other MMORPGs, and i dont really like that system when nuttin else can attack your mob... this would need a solution, otherwise its a good idea.

Einstein said:
Mobs used to attack each other in the 'old' days, unfortunately that has been removed :(

Yep.. they did.. And the problem they found is what was mentioned before. You start killing something and something else attacks it. So do you get loot? Or you wait for one to kill the other and then attack the one left with little hit points. Not a big advantage to MA either.

If they could work it out that they could attack each other then if you attacked one they would stop and regain full health, it might work. But from MA's standpoint its not really advantageous.

But it was kick ass to watch.

Suicide

I agree, a nice view indeed :D
But useful? nah

you can make it so that the dominate mob would start attacking you and then the smaller mob"lower on the food chain" would run and hide :scared:

then the mob that was attacked by the little one would regain full health and start attacking you or go back into "normal" mob mode.... also you would be able to make it so that the mobs would have a percentage of attacking each other. that way they are not 100% attacking each other and some mobs would have something like this

troxy= 70% v's snab
troxy= 45% v's berry
troxy= 10% v's bot's
troxy= 0% v's troxy

and so on and then the

snab would have something like this:

snab= -70% v's troxy
snab= -50% v's bot's
snab= -07% v's berry
snab= 0% v's snab

with the % being how much of a chance a mob would attack another mob and the - would be the chance a mob would run from another mob...

that would be the food chain set up and then the mob with the highest % would be the one that would attack you if provoked.....

if that makes any sence at all.. :)

Yes agree totally to thread starter.

That DOES make sense, it would just be good for nothing just a cosmetic change... But maybe id like to see a araneatrox killing a bunch of sabakumas like a predator after an alien :laugh:
That system is quite frequently used in more games, its called: "Aggresivity level" that is set differently for every type of mob/creature

Seems like the problem would almost work itself out...how many biffoids would end up surviving around a family of Atroxes? not many probably. and if you cant outdamage what ever is attacking what your attacking...you dont get loot ..doesnt highest damage get loot now if done by players?

The reason ...no matter what they say....is that now they can put several different types of damagers together in one area to lessen your odds of survival. For instance...you hunt bots and dress in your best bot armor...but along comes trox and does different damage...guess what...your bot armor isnt gonna be much help....Or if you hunt troxes in your best trox armor...and along come cold damaging biffoids...you get the picture..... who benefits here?

Az

To clarify: This is food chain, which means some mobs will run from others, some will attack others, and some will attack each other. we won't have tiny worms biting away at the heals of a trox when your fighitng it.

And of course, cooperative hunting can be implemented as well, making things such as berys and feffoids group hunters, when together can take on larger prey, etc.

Back