Summary of the Q&A With SEE Digital Studios

Larkin

Marauder
Society
Brainstormers
Larkin Snipes Smith
Introduction

As everyone has now heard, SEE Digital Studios bought FPC for $6 million dollars. Marco|SDS released a Q&A so that they could try and answer any questions people might have had. Over 30 pages have been posted so far. I've gone through every page and post and have compiled an organized list of the questions which I feel are the most important. Of course, I might have missed some but I did the best I could (it took a couple of hours to sift through it all).

Missing Systems
When will they be re-implemented?

Mentoring
Beacons
Taming
Hangars
Landgrab
Masks/Makeup
Missing Mobs
Sitting Down, Lying Down (more character actions)

New Systems
Will they ever be implemented?

Farming
Fishing
Building

Unfinished/Lacking Storylines and Events
Will unfinished storylines be concluded ever, and will lacking storylines/events be improved ever?

Harbinger Event
Orbs
The Egg
etc etc.

Bugs
When will they be fixed?

n00b club (when are they coming back?)
Booths (not working)
Various landscape/building issues
Texture/colouring issues
Furniture issues
Vehicle issues

Game Mechanics
Will they be implemented/fixed?

Loot (even it out)
Separate chats/auctions for different planets
Improve lacking professions (ex. Melee)
Introduce UL weapons and finders where they are lacking
18+ gameplay (ex. Blood)
Safe trading options (for loaning items to other players)
Item safe guard options (lock item from being sold to TT or traded to another player)
Investment opportunities (to allow for safe co-investing in LAs or items)
Mailbox (to PM offline friends)
Lack of variety of DNA
Option to download other planets
Item drain (is there a need?)

Publicity
Will they ever happen?

Advertising (TV, internet, gaming conventions, partnering with Steam)
PED Cards in stores (increase deposit options for North Americans)

Communication/Staff
Will these ever happen?

Communication with players (regular updates)
Inside knowledge (ensure it doesn't happen)
Working on Planet Michael instead of Planet Calypso
More information on breakdown of staff at SEE

Company Dynamics
We would like more information on:

All things to do with financial dynamics of MA & Planet Partners who are competing for business yet having to work together at the same time. *Very important question*
Independence of planets (will they be linked to the rest of the universe?)

Security
What will happen if?

Planet partners fail

Depositing/Withdrawing
Can this be sped up?

Amount of time it takes to withdraw

I've also created a commentary on some of the issues and questions in this thread.

Last edited:
You did miss alot of things but was a nice roundup anyways, thanks =)

Missing Systems
When will they be re-implemented?

probably NOT going to get any answers on this, as those are MA issues and it is a SEE Q&A :dunno:

nice sumup tho :)

probably NOT going to get any answers on this, as those are MA issues and it is a SEE Q&A :dunno:

True....but since we, the players have no way to converse with MA anymore, (we don't really exist to MA now :) ) ...it's up to SEE as our "first point of contact" to get it done. Hopefully now that they are not MA pawns anymore, they will "grow a pair." ;)
The old line of "it's not out fault, it's MA" doesn't work anymore...if they are not meeting their contractual obligations, that's why courts exist. ;)
It will be interesting to SEE how they deal with MA now that they are not just a subsiduary gasping to exist. :) Maybe we'll get a glimps of how MA plans on dealing with "real" planet partners..........with real expectations. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm confused. I thought the Q&A session was for questions regarding SEE's ownership of FPC and the upcoming planets. Why is the vast majority of the questions ones that should be directed to neither FPC or SEE, but rather MA?

Yeah I'm confused. I thought the Q&A session was for questions regarding SEE's ownership of FPC and the upcoming planets. Why is the vast majority of the questions ones that should be directed to neither FPC or SEE, but rather MA?

Just shows how confused they have managed to get us.

I don`t see my item drain question in the list. Think it`s an important issue to address.

Item drain

One of the main reasons you invoked for losing items during the old tiering process was the dire need for an item drain. Now system was changed again and we`re back where we started without an item drain.
How will you address the item drain issue, as you stated there was and I assume still is a big need for it?

I know this might be a MA issue but you were the one who made the statement on Entropia Gateway so I assume you have some knowledge of this. There is no one at MA that we can ask and get a reply.

Last edited:

Honestly... does it really matter?

Even if they are MA issues, then ultimately THEY ARE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SEE as a business and they should have the answers to them.

If SEE does not have answers to the questions customers ask about the "game platform", then they better get their shit together and GET ANSWERS.

Example:

Customer: So, when will my modular house be done?

Contractor: Dunno.

Customer: What do you mean, "You don't know"?

Contractor: Well, I know what I want to do, I just can't do it.

Customer: Why not?

Contractor: Well, the company that builds the parts for the modular home you ordered hasn't gotten the parts to us yet. We have all the specs and plans, everything is pretty much ready...

Customer: Well, when will you be getting the parts?!?

Customer: WTF, what do you mean, "You don't know"?!?

Contractor: Like I said, the modular company gets parts to us when they can. We just take orders for houses and make lots of plans, and sometimes we finish them, and sometimes we don't. Sometimes, after a loooong time waiting people just ask for their money back. We give it to them, but it takes several months to get it back from the modular company.

Customer: Seriously... how the hell can you run your company like that?

:banghead:

Because people around here can't pay attention. That's why our voices never get heard. When a company like SEE offers to answer questions regarding how they will be running the planets and taking over FPC and the community asks instead about PLATFORM related services our community get's laughed at and comes across as being....well.... stupid.

I'm sure SEE already knows how frustrated we are will MindArk. So hey.... why not throw the same piles of shit at SEE?

C'mon people..... this is getting embarassing.

Menace

Have you tried to contact MA?

Contractor: Well, the company that builds the parts for the modular home you ordered hasn't gotten the parts to us yet. We have all the specs and plans, everything is pretty much ready...

Contractor: Like I said, the modular company gets parts to us when they can. We just take orders for houses and make lots of plans, and sometimes we finish them, and sometimes we don't. Sometimes, after a loooong time waiting people just ask for their money back. We give it to them, but it takes several months to get it back from the modular company.

I don't know if i should laugh or cry with this...

+rep

Did anybody ask, "when do all mobs have loot?"

because
a) people dont fully understand the seperation and distinction. which is understandable since they were the same company and we pay to MA while apparently playing SEE's game.
b) there is no public contact point for MA, so all questions have to go through the outlet we have. i would hope that Marco/Hanne would at least forward those questions they cannot answer to MA.

besides Marco didnt limit the scope, simply asked for any questions. Its not really upto to the player to try and work out which company provides which part, they should work together in supporting us.

Even if they are MA issues, then ultimately THEY ARE ISSUES THAT AFFECT SEE as a business and they should have the answers to them.

If SEE does not have answers to the questions customers ask about the "game platform", then they better get their shit together and GET ANSWERS.

Example:

LOL

Sooo true!! FPC should really step up the game ...

b) there is no public contact point for MA, so all questions have to go through the outlet we have. i would hope that Marco/Hanne would at least forward those questions they cannot answer to MA.

provided they do, can we please actually have an answer other than 'we can't discuss that', 'thats platform related' or 'they can't give us an eta'.

When Pioneer was discussing the issues of MM it was far more enlightening than a thousand 'thats platform related' even if it was to saying the same thing. If we can get the issues explained why things haven't been reimplemented rather than leaving us in the dark wondering if they're actually doing anything at all.

If they will do a job at selecting the topics and questions just like you did, we are f$%^3d.

If they will do a job at selecting the topics and questions just like you did, we are f$%^3d.

but the topics they don't choose will probably tell us more about how they will continue to run things than the topics they do.

Example:

If someone is out there, thinking "Those are MA's problem, it does not affect SEE and we shouldn't ask SEE about it"

just read above....

+rep for SOMEONE actually using his/her brain :)

but the topics they don't choose will probably tell us more about how they will continue to run things than the topics they do.

Let me rephrase then...
If we need to figure out their plan from what they don't answer to, we are .......

If someone is out there, thinking "Those are MA's problem, it does not affect SEE and we shouldn't ask SEE about it"

just read above....

+rep for SOMEONE actually using his/her brain :)

I never said that we should NOT ask SEE about it tho, I just said they probably won't answer those kinds of questions in this Q&A as it is not what the Q&A was about...

I agree OP left out the real questions. No offence to OP but his selection is probably based on the q's he likes...

According to the last post by Hanne SEE and SDS will lookover the q's. Provided there is no intermediary preselecting which q's this panel see's then it is not unlikely that they will answer the real q's that matter. The fact that SEE are involved will hopefully bring a fresh outlook on things.

So having said that if the real q's are ignored it does tell us a lot about how the new SDS will be run i.e. same old fashion where SEE are taking a backseat and the real decisions are being made by SDS (i.e. Marco).

When a company like SEE offers to answer questions regarding how they will be running the planets and taking over FPC and the community asks instead about PLATFORM related services our community get's laughed at and comes across as being....well.... stupid.

If a PP is running a company with planet is based off a platform, don't you think it would be in that companies best interest to know EVERYTHING about that platform, and be able to answer any platform related questions to their customers?

If they can't, it certainly is not the community that get's laughed at and comes across as being....well.... stupid.

I never said that we should NOT ask SEE about it tho, I just said they probably won't answer those kinds of questions in this Q&A as it is not what the Q&A was about...

Really? The Q&A was specifically created to ask questions per this statement from Marco, Managing Director of SEE Digital Studios. Important points in bold red.

Dear Calypsians,

I am thrilled that SEE Virtual Worlds (SEE VW) have gained the rights to Planet Calypso. First Planet Company has been rebranded as SEE Digital Studios and is now the development leg of SEE VW. SEE Digital Studios will be in charge of maintaining and developing Planet Calypso, as well as the development of Planet Michael.

As Managing Director for SEE Digital Studios, I am pleased to inform you that Planet Calypso will continue to be run by its established and experienced team. Joining the SEE family has presented us with a great opportunity to invest more human and financial resources in its development and marketing. As such, we are looking forward to a very successful year for Planet Calypso and its community.

The entire team is also excited as we prepare to move to our own offices here in Gothenburg, and take on new staff for the development of Planet Michael.

We recognize how important the fans and players are, and as it would be impossible to address all questions in this statement, I would like to invite you all to post your questions in the official Q&A thread that has been set up. The thread will be open for two days, after which we will compile the questions and publish information as quickly as possible.

Finally, SEE Virtual Worlds is committed to the Planet Calypso community and would like to thank you for your time and dedication as we enter this new chapter in our development.

Yours,

Marco Behrmann
Managing Director
SEE Digital Studios

To summarize:

SEE is responsible for maintaining and developing the planet. As such, they should be able to answer all platform related questions regarding their product, Planet Calypso.

I don`t see my item drain question in the list. Think it`s an important issue to address.

Added to the list :)

I agree OP left out the real questions. No offence to OP but his selection is probably based on the q's he likes...

According to the last post by Hanne SEE and SDS will lookover the q's. Provided there is no intermediary preselecting which q's this panel see's then it is not unlikely that they will answer the real q's that matter. The fact that SEE are involved will hopefully bring a fresh outlook on things.

So having said that if the real q's are ignored it does tell us a lot about how the new SDS will be run i.e. same old fashion where SEE are taking a backseat and the real decisions are being made by SDS (i.e. Marco).

I know I didn't put all the questions up, but I beg to differ that all of the real Q's were ignored. Missing system timelines and events/storylines have been discussed a lot in the past year (just to name a few examples).

I am open to add more to this list of course though :) What would you like me to add?

Ty all for the +reps and such, while I already said that this list isn't totally complete, it does include most of the major questions. Again, if you need me to add some more important questions, just let me know!

Because people around here can't pay attention. That's why our voices never get heard. When a company like SEE offers to answer questions regarding how they will be running the planets and taking over FPC and the community asks instead about PLATFORM related services our community get's laughed at and comes across as being....well.... stupid.

I'm sure SEE already knows how frustrated we are will MindArk. So hey.... why not throw the same piles of shit at SEE?

C'mon people..... this is getting embarassing.

Menace

What people are not recognising is these issues ARE SEE issues. They are in effect subcontracting a service supplied by MA to us, therefore THEY are the people responsible to US for the issues. It is SEE's responsibility to see these issues resolved, as they are our agents in dealing with MA.

I agree OP left out the real questions.

I am open to add more to this list of course though :) What would you like me to add?

The real questions are those concerning the financial dynamics of having one company, MA, who receive and pay out money, surrounded by competing Planet Partners, who yet have to cooperate. There were many posts on this subject, yet you have included only one line in your summary.

The real questions are those concerning the financial dynamics of having one company, MA, who receive and pay out money, surrounded by competing Planet Partners, who yet have to cooperate. There were many posts on this subject, yet you have included only one line in your summary.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will look at it now and try to fix it up.

+ rep :)

Introduction
Company Dynamics
We would like more information on:

All things to do with financial dynamics of MA & Planet Partners who are competing for business yet having to work together at the same time. *Very important question*

I have added this really important note (which encompasses numerous questions in the Q&A). Thank you for bringing this to my attention chevrons.

[

n00b club (when are they coming back?)

]

Thats not fair to blame SDS for it. Thats a mistake from ND studios and not SDS

also alot of questioln are regarding MA and not SDS. I know ppl still think they are the same but with SEE they spilt up now so remover the ma questions also as Marco cant answer to those other then what ma tells him to.

Thats not fair to blame SDS for it. Thats a mistake from ND studios and not SDS

also alot of questioln are regarding MA and not SDS. I know ppl still think they are the same but with SEE they spilt up now so remover the ma questions also as Marco cant answer to those other then what ma tells him to.
What Marco can do is take the MA questions to MA itself as MA itself has not given us anything similar to a community manager to go to... and we all know the support ticket system is fairly useless with questions like this since they forward the questions to some department, but won't tell us which department or who in that department we can get a hold of to answer follow up questions.

Back