Super Noob!

Vulcain666

Hatchling
Okay, I just started playing. I mean literally, like, a few hours ago. I got no weapons, no money, no skills, no nothing. I wanted to see if it was possible to have fun with this game without spending any money at all. But so far it seems there aint much you can do without spending a few hundred bucks.

I thought it'd be like Oblivion you know. I could just explore the world, pick up mushrooms and flowers and shit and sell what I find to make some money. But apparently, there's nothing to pick up. AT ALL. I've walked for hours and found nothing except a few nuts that aren't even worth 1 PED.

Oh yeah, and I can't attack. That's kind of a major problem. I thought I could just use my fists for starters but apparently I need some weapon to defend myself.

Sweat and Taming thing doesn't ever work. I know we're supposed to collect and sell that stuff but it always fails.

Also, when I do manage to get rid of a creature (the only way being lurking them to a nearby turret), I'm unable to loot them.

So yeah, super noob here. Need help and directions to where I should go and the first things I should do.

Is there any way at all I can get a weapon for free? Even if it's just a pipe or a baseball bat lol. Anything damn it! I just wanna be able to swing with something.

And if it's impossible to have fun with this game without spending, then what's the cheapest way to get weapons and armors?

Sorry, I know I sound super cheap. :ahh: It's not that I don't have the money, I just wanna see how far I can get without spending real life money. And if I can manage to get far enough with low level tricks. Just for fun, you know.

Thanks.

I point you to my start path guide I once made, maybe gives u an idea on how to start.
http://nirfu.gluonsoft.se/Path.htm

You can sweat, find fruit, dung and some stones. It just take patience. If your not a patient guy I doubt you will enjoy this place. Use the firts months to explore and learn how to controll, sweat and find stuff. Learn a bit about economics, it's not just the TT value, u need to see the value with markup of the things you find. And 1 PED for free is not bad in this game where most of us spend more than we earn.

GL and have fun.

Search for Alice guide tom will help u alot.

well, tbh we all have had the same problem.
Fact is that loads of people is un-depo peoples and they seems to go on quite well.
And that is mostly Sweating that is the most profitable thing to do ingame.
Sry to hear that u dont have a nice time ingame, but try to get a mentor/Society (but try not to whine in public).
Favct is, that u dont have to pay loads of money ingame to skill..
Skill smart without overkill (go to daikiba youngs from starters)
My first tip is : Deposit 20$ or something and buy an opalo and some amo and hunt smart.
Dont use armor, u can buy a vivo in trade terminal and buy an opalo and just try to get a nice time with some new friends ingame.
I´ve tried it and i managed to feel happy ingame. Now I am in one of the best societies ingame (loads of good peoples and i felt welcomed from starters)

Have a nice time ingame, and hope to see you happy as a high skilled person in a few years :D
Best regards BB

Well, nothing is for free (just as in real life), accept sweating and looking for stones and fruit and of course exploring the planet is free to.

The best weapon to get is the Opalo from the trade terminal, it is 3.80 PED so you should be able to sweat that together in a few hours, but don't forget the ammo. I'd suggest to get at least 10 PED, so 2k sweat.

When sweating about 20% of your attempt are successful, so just hang in there if you get a lot of fails, you will get a few successes in a row to compensate.

Good luck, and if you need any more help just ask :)

Cool thanks guys. :) I really appreciate it.

Guess I'll be sweating all day like a pig then. :D

TBH, my advice would be to deposit 10$ because it's not really alot of money but it can last a pretty long time if you play smart. I'm not sure what the sweat price is nowadays but to collect 100 ped from sweating will atleast take a couple of days I think. But it's your call :D

I thought it'd be like Oblivion you know. I could just explore the world, pick up mushrooms and flowers and shit and sell what I find to make some money. But apparently, there's nothing to pick up. AT ALL. I've walked for hours and found nothing except a few nuts that aren't even worth 1 PED.

Oh yeah, and I can't attack. That's kind of a major problem. I thought I could just use my fists for starters but apparently I need some weapon to defend myself.

Sweat and Taming thing doesn't ever work. I know we're supposed to collect and sell that stuff but it always fails.

Also, when I do manage to get rid of a creature (the only way being lurking them to a nearby turret), I'm unable to loot them.

So yeah, super noob here. Need help and directions to where I should go and the first things I should do.

Is there any way at all I can get a weapon for free? Even if it's just a pipe or a baseball bat lol. Anything damn it! I just wanna be able to swing with something.

And if it's impossible to have fun with this game without spending, then what's the cheapest way to get weapons and armors?

Sorry, I know I sound super cheap. :ahh: It's not that I don't have the money, I just wanna see how far I can get without spending real life money. And if I can manage to get far enough with low level tricks. Just for fun, you know.

Thanks.
you can play for free pretty well, even without ever depositing

sweating doesnt fail all the time, the chance for a successful pull is around 20%
of course it takes time though, so there is no "instant action"
however, with sweating you can valuable defense skills, which can prove worthy in hunting later on

tip 1, read a bit in my guide, see signature for a link, i am currently updating as well, gonna improve the "non depositer/small depositer hints" part :)
tip2, get a mentor, for example me, since i search disciples again atm and i have a heart for sweaters, since i sweated very long myself :)

Sweating doesn't always fail. I started a few days ago and I've sweated enough for a Vivo medical unit and a newbie gun with money left over. I intend to deposit some money soon, but it's not true to say you can't do anything without. Have you found your way to the Swamp Camp yet? Just north of Port Atlanta. There's plenty of people in the same position there. And the atmosphere is good. I also managed to die and respawn my way to Nea's today, on the other continent, where the sweating is very different, more sweat, less levelling skills like evade.

Come into this game with the intention of losing money, whether you deposit or not.
And if you want to play for free, it's going to be BORING (for a while).

I'd suggest you sweat at Swamp Camp (NW of Port Atlantis, ask anybody, they'll show you). Go on a TP Run (gathering teleporters, will save you time later, as you can instantly teleport there, but you have to run there first), and you will learn the controls, make a few friends, get a mentor. Join a society.

NON DEPO ROUTE:
Sweat around 2k. (That should get you 9 PED, if you can sell it for 0.45), yes the sweat price is going down) Sell it, get a Vivo t1 (Healing Unit Thingy), and keep on sweating. (Yes, I just said that) Use your Vivo to heal yourself when the mob leaves you, and you have low hp. (That way, you don't die as often, and you get more skills and sweat)
Basically, sweat till you have some PEDs, like 30 - 50PEDs, then go trading.
Private Message Me, and I can help you with this game, though I can't mentor you yet... I'm a noob too.

(and I'd suggest you don't hunt either :()

DEPO ROUTE:
Deposit 10 or 20$, buy an Opalo, some ammo, shoot Daikibas. (combibos are too tough). Sell off your loot, rinse and repeat. Your money should last a while, then you're gonna deposit again...

Good luck!

Okay, I just started playing. I mean literally, like, a few hours ago. I got no weapons, no money, no skills, no nothing. I wanted to see if it was possible to have fun with this game without spending any money at all. But so far it seems there aint much you can do without spending a few hundred bucks.

Thanks.

Long story short, no you can't have fun (as you know fun to be) for free. Atleast not without a long period of boring. You're better off depositing imo.
:laugh:

Longer story, not as short. I played for over a year and a half without depositing, unlocked quite a few skills and did, in my opinion, quite well for myself. It's much easier to just deposit $50 as if it were any other game you purchased, but, you can make up for lack of deposits by spending a lot of time and keeping an eye out for opportunities.

The only thing I regret about not depositing is missed opportunities to purchase items that would help me earlier, and not having the ped backup to save larger amounts of sellable items so I could auction them better.

In short, you can profit without depositing, you can profit more with depositing (or lose more).

One more thing- If u play like WoW It will cost u a few $ per month so EU isnt so expensive if u know how to play smart and cheap :p

omg Sweat :D
what is this signature? a giant online pyramid scheme? :)

Welcome to the game....Sure you can have fun thats no problem about it it only depends on what level you want to come to.:)

Long story short, no you can't have fun (as you know fun to be) for free. Atleast not without a long period of boring. You're better off depositing imo.
:laugh:

I believe you are wrong about this. I graduated my discipleship and played for 6 months without depositing. I had a lot of fun in that time. There is real satisfaction in making something from nothing, and the challenge is probably what got me addicted. If it had been easy i probably wouldn't still be here.

If you want to play without depositing then you should sweat untill you have the tools required for whatever profession you plan on(probably hunting or mining)

Once you have have the tools you will need expendables (ammo for hunting or probes/bombs for mining) A good ped value per run for a non-depositer is about 20ped though you can go as low as 10 or as high as you want.

Supose you decide on doing 20ped runs hunting. You buy 20ped of ammo and go hunting untill its all gone. Sell the loot you get and repair ALL of your tools (guns, health kit, armor, mining equipment, etc...)

see how much of your original 20ped left and write it down.

Sweat enough to make up the difference till you have 20 ped again. Then do another run. Do this several times to get a feel for what % returns you are getting on your runs.

Suppose you average 75% returns on all but one run which you slightly profited on.

Now you have a sample of what to expect and you can make a plan of attack.

Continue doing 20ped runs and sweat 5ped worth of sweat between each run regardless of if your runs profit or lose. Take any ped you get over 75% on your runs and put it in storage. If you have a bad run you will need to sweat a little more but you will still be building up a savings in storage.

By the time you have your opalo or beginner mining tools maxed you should have enough ped in storage to upgrade to the next best gun or tool.

hope this helps,

narfi

Ok.

To give you guys an idea, this is what I have traveled so far on foot. That's right, I don't even know if we can travel by car or by riding animals or whatever but yeah.

So I explored for a very long time and I found absolutely no fruit or stone to pick up. Not even dinosaur poo. Nothing. :( I used the tricks I saw on the videos I've seen here in some tuts and I kept my eyes open, looking everywhere. But I didn't find anything. So that was kinda depressing. Especially when the landscape is so boring and repetitive. I'm a level designer myself and this game clearly lacks environmental landmarks if you ask me. The only interesting/memorable thing I saw was a crashed space ship of some sort but again, no reward for the player. :confused: So after doing all that exploring for nothing I went back home and starting sweating again.

Boy sweating sure is fun compared to traveling and exploring in this game. And I thought Mass Effect had empty planets. :laugh: but enough about me complaining.

Question about sweating: does some enemies give you more sweat? Like, the stronger they are, the more sweat you get? Or you always get the same ammount?

I'm thought about depositing 20-50$ but after wasting all that time exploring and not finding anything, I'm not even sure it's worth it anymore...

Glad to see you're still around!

So I explored for a very long time and I found absolutely no fruit or stone to pick up. Not even dinosaur poo. Nothing. :( I used the tricks I saw on the videos I've seen here in some tuts and I kept my eyes open, looking everywhere. But I didn't find anything.

So far I have only found stuff when I have been stopped doing something else, as I use run to get from place to place... as I understand it you will never find stuff when you are running, you need to walk, did you make sure to walk?

Welcome to game :)

Just a little tip, if you havent found it already, search for a map with all TPs marked on it, print it out and use it when you are exploring, gets you in the right direction, and as soon as you have all TPs, its a lot easier to get around.
Keep sweating, and you will get some peds, then decide what to do, and stick to one proffession, if its hunting, stick to one type of gun, eother laser or BLP, that way you will get decent skills there, instead of a little of all, good luck :)

S V :cool:

This guide should help you in your quest for stones and fruit.

gl:yay:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...116-basic-fruit-stone-dung-walking-guide.html

thanks for recommending my guide, thread starter don't forget to check out the guide i made on understand how much the fruit/stones are worth.

you can try sweating and a bit of walking to go the free route. if you have time and patience nothing can stop you from playing for free. doing some key research on how things work here and figuring out what you need will help alot. most waste their first peds all too quickly with no logical plan, get pissed, and then never log on again.

just poke around this forum and ask questions you will find some answer hopefully.

good luck,

kosmos

Ok guys, I decided to deposit 20$ US. It aint that much and it's like I just purchased a very cheap game so it's cool. So now I got 193.00 PED in my account :D

Guess I was just tired of sweating all the time. I still managed to sweat for 2k though.

So now, for my very first purchase: of course I badly want a good weapon and a good armor. So I have a few questions about that. I read around here that it's better not to use high level weapons as they cost too much to repair etc. Is that the same with armors? Should I start with a very cheap weapon armor even though I can afford better ones?

Also, is there any good reason at all why I should buy swords instead of guns? It just seems a lot better to have a gun in this game. But I keep thinking, maybe swords cost a lot less to repair and such and of course they don't use ammo. So they might be a more profitable weapon to use. What do you think?

And what else do you recommend me buying?

Thanks again guys. :)

Do not buy Settler armour from the TT!!!

Rather wait to loot some pixie. Hunt without armour to save money in the beginning. But a VIVO T1 healing ball from the TT to heal between mobs.

You can buy a Opalo laser rifle or M2100 Laser Pistol from the TT. Purchase some ammo too and, being careful not to attract too many mobs at once, start hunting Daikiba Young there by swampcamp. Combibo will eat up your ammo due to high stamina. Do not try Berycycled!

Ask around for a TP run to Atlas Haven. If you have a mentor yet I'm sure they will run you there. North of Atlas Haven you can hunt Snablesnot male&female young (drop pixie armour) as well as Daikiba young.

Swords decay much faster than guns to compensate for lack of ammo.

GL

Last edited:
And what else do you recommend me buying?

Buy an opalo and vivo t1 from the trade terminal machine.

opalo hunt diakiba, snable snot male & female, sabakuma, exasaur young/mature.

heal yourself after battle.

you will loot starter armor from these creatures (pixie,goblin)

that is one way to start if you want to hunt.

if you want more advice send me a pm.

kosmos

i'm curious to how your doing keep us up-to-date.

spend wisely learn how the market prices work.

if you need more help can catch me on msn too for help rexthementor@hotmail.com

Back