Support feedback - goldcard

valentin

Elite
Society
Experia
Sir Valentin
To Kim ..... Your support staff seems to like to fxxk ppl. let them do what They are best on "copy and paste" and for the work i want my account unlocked until I get a new gold card because the old is malfunctioning.
:mad:

My old readers work on my current card

If they just unlocked your account the safety aspect of a gold card would be worthless imho

If they just unlocked your account the safety aspect of a gold card would be worthless imho

If i understand right his card works but not good?

If i understand right his card works but not good?

As far as I understand him he can't play due to GC issues at the moment. And if MA will change this within a support case the additional security gained with a gold card is non existent.

I had an issue with my batteries in my gc-reader but had to wait about 2weeks until i could manage to log in...
Just wish there could be an alternative way of being able to play - like having an electronic identify app or such...

I had an issue with my batteries in my gc-reader but had to wait about 2weeks until i could manage to log in...
Just wish there could be an alternative way of being able to play - like having an electronic identify app or such...

Blizzard has one and it works great.. I can't imagine it being very hard to code either..

Blizzard has one and it works great.. I can't imagine it being very hard to code either..

Well you see, with all coders on MA i guess someone could really make that kind of security-program without any problem then :)

Exactly sms system... and i think it would be much less cost for both sides MA and players (making good agreement with phone company).

Works same way as with GC and has no problems with synchronisation (just sms sent that is valid for like 2 minutes). So more simple and better system than with GC.

I am sure i would use sms sytem (even with small monthly subscribtion like 10peds) while i would not use ever GC system ever.

Falagor
:bandit:

My GCR once just shut the screen off as if the batteries died or something but after smashing it against the table it works again :D

Exactly sms system... and i think it would be much less cost for both sides MA and players (making good agreement with phone company).

Works same way as with GC and has no problems with synchronisation (just sms sent that is valid for like 2 minutes). So more simple and better system than with GC.

I am sure i would use sms sytem (even with small monthly subscribtion like 10peds) while i would not use ever GC system ever.

Falagor

A great idea, as MA's only working office time, Continue and write about it and give them few "10" years to get get it.:yay::yay::yay:

( In this case, I did not have to wait 10 months to get a reply from support team as last time when I asked to sell my avatar ).

Last edited:
My GCR once just shut the screen off as if the batteries died or something but after smashing it against the table it works again :D

:wise: Great way to fix a lot of electronics :D

There is an alternative instead of waiting 2 weeks, or a day even.
Just ask MA to remove the GC option from account till new card arrives then reactivate it again with the new GC.

Falagor

State of the Universe Address 2013

Financial
Several new payment provider solutions will be introduced early in 2013, including Paypal and Paypal’s mobile payment service, Zong.

4 months and counting :D

The problem is that MA wants me to first send back the old card before I get a new one, because we all know how effective they are in MA (except to transfer his company out of Sweden and buy castle).

Therefore, I want them to send a new card first then I'll send back the old one so that I do not have to wait for ages before I can log into the game.

But it is solved now because my account is locked now so they can not win in one way can they do that on the other way, they say you hit the wrong code too many times but I know I only tried twice so now I'll have to wait an eternity to login.

Good work as always, MA....the question is when will you begin to think logically and be customer friendly
Hoping that I will not have to wait for 10 months.

:twocents:

But it is solved now because my account is locked now so they can not win in one way can they do that on the other way, they say you hit the wrong code too many times but I know I only tried twice so now I'll have to wait an eternity to login.

Time for u to change passwords...

did happend to me too a few weeks in a row 2005. someone other must been trying to hack me...

If you are getting a lot of 72 errors there are ways of resolving it, LCD devices use so little power (esp those that are only on for a few minutes a day) that the batteries can easily last 10 years or more.

That said, you've ordered a new one now without seeing the various threads about opening them up, dust removal and so on.

It'll be resolved, just be patient valentin. :computer:

Allow cell phone confirmations/ authenications.. Programs/ apps have already been made for this, where you gett an automated text or call to give you a authorization code to confirm you are you..

Simple fix to the gold card issue.

This old technology has to go! Many MMOs have phone Apps which act as code generators, which even link to the servers. Time for the Gold Card app MA.

So, what you are saying is that you card now works, but your account is locked because they say you entered the wrong code too many times? AFAIK, this just means your card is out of sync with the login process.

Due to security reasons, you only have three attempts before your Gold Card becomes unsynchronized with the verification system. You will then be asked to resynchronize the Card. By following the normal login process, a new window will appear that requests you to enter two consecutive Security Codes in order to resynchronize with the verification system.

If you fail to synchronize your Gold Card, please generate two consecutive Security Codes with your Gold Card and add these in a Support Case sent to the Entropia Support. Please do NOT generate any further codes until the support staff has confirmed that your Gold Card is synchronized.

This is from the planet calypso website. I have had this happen to me. The "two consecutive" entries at login did not work for me. I followed the second paragraph, submitted a support case with the two consecutive gold card numbers, and then waited. (yes, the waiting was painful). The response was surprisingly quick, my gold card was back in sync, and I was, once again, able to log into EU.

Hope this helps.

I can see that support has read this so they sent me an address where I can send copy of my ID and they also got my new E-mail so it would not be any problems anymore.:)

Now it has gone 1 week sense i told them what problem i start to get. have to see if i also have to wait two weeks.
" Time for the Gold Card app " Become a game company of today not yesterday.

To Kim ..... Your support staff seems to like to fxxk ppl. let them do what They are best on "copy and paste" and for the work i want my account unlocked until I get a new gold card because the old is malfunctioning.
:mad:

My old readers work on my current card

How did your account got locked?

3 Pages of ranting and trys to help you but i still do not understand what exactly is your problem.

Maybe that is part of your problems with support that they do not understand what you try to tell.

Case 1:
When you enter too many wrong codes the card get out of sync.
To get back in sync you have to send them 2 codes.

Case 2:
When your Card or Reader is broken you can order a new one.
Never heard that you have to send the old back.

Case 3:
If you want the Goldcard disabled you have to confrim them it is really you who want it.
Socmates have done that while waiting for the new one.

The problem was that i had my old E-mail at MA and i was not able to log in and replace it with my new one because the card was brike but its all ok and today i orderd a new card.:yay:

3 Pages of ranting and trys to help you but i still do not understand what exactly is your problem.

Maybe that is part of your problems with support that they do not understand what you try to tell.

Case 1:
When you enter too many wrong codes the card get out of sync.
To get back in sync you have to send them 2 codes.

Case 2:
When your Card or Reader is broken you can order a new one.
Never heard that you have to send the old back.

Case 3:
If you want the Goldcard disabled you have to confrim them it is really you who want it.
Socmates have done that while waiting for the new one.

" Case 2:
When your Card or Reader is broken you can order a new one. Never heard that you have to send the old back"
No i dident because last time i orderd a new gold card i just got it -> no request to return the old one

The problem was that i had my old E-mail at MA and i was not able to log in and replace it with my new one because the card was brike but its all ok and today i orderd a new card.:yay:

Seriously? And you make a topic about this to blame MA for something that you made an mistake on????:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

News..

MA told me that they will send me a new card, but they also write.....

Please allow up to eight weeks for the delivery to be completed.

ouch, 8 weeks?

Maybe I should order a spare card reader (the card can't break or run out of codes or something right?)

Does anyone own a spare card reader for that purpose or is that a stupid idea?

Regards
Thark

ouch, 8 weeks?

Maybe I should order a spare card reader (the card can't break or run out of codes or something right?)

Does anyone own a spare card reader for that purpose or is that a stupid idea?

Regards
Thark

No you cant have one spare if the old card break i asked tha MA last time my card break and this time i noticed problems with the present card and i know it would give me problems soon it was only matter of time before it start to make problems.

So this time i wanted from MA to sent me a card in good time so i can start to use it when the old breaks but it was a no from MA.

Anyway i wich that MA does a new system for the gold card so if something happend so can it be fixed in a our by having a contact by phone or something like that so we dont have to wait for weeks.:yay:

Back