Support news from JWT

I was wondering where all my PED was disappearing to... now I know. Yay I bought a programmer! But now I can`t afford ammo. Well paint my face pretty, shove a beacon up my ass and fly me off to another planet and pimp me out to mutants so they can tame me with their whips! WooHooo!!

:broke:

I can't see what all the excitement is about - didn't you all get told that all these systems were going to be done by the end of 2010?

I would expect to see interplanet-travel systems re-done by summer, if not autumn. Anything else, I'd be surprised if it is implemented over 2011. Simply because MA are obviously spending time upgrading the actual platform with dynamic downloads and other stuff that needed to be in the game before multiple planets was released.

Don't hold your breath for other systems. Remember as the current planets (PC, NI, RT) grow and the future planets go live there will be loads of bugs to fix and less time to spend on new (= old) systems.

Typical Jan statement with the "20%" though ;)

Well the thing that immediately comes to mind, missing ones, should be pretty easy:
- Calamusoid (F) (Hasn't been ingame since vu 9)
- Calamusoid (M) (Currently replaced by maffoids)
- Umbranoids (a source for higher level (L) whips? Orbs back as interplanetary teleporters?)
- Biffoids (gimme a chance to loot a mod fap :laugh: )
- Feffoid traders?

and maybe some locations related to this:
- Feffoid camps? (Maybe even with a clean feff spawn like during the egg event)
- Statue & camp back (ok 512m hill ain't no more but maybe on some other hill?)
- Umbranoid villages and towns
- Thorifoid village with temple (maybe even with possibility to enter temple)
- Argonaut village? (well there used to be something that with good imagination could be a argo village between Bivo and Fort Argus, without imagination it looked like a collection of big rocks leaned towards eachother)

Though, I guess (re-)implementing this is a 99% FPC thing. To implement it quickly the feffoid trader could be implemented as a trade terminal ("trade pappoo"). As is probably (re-)implementing turps, repesilexes, aetherex and gradivores. (Turps and repesilexes have been ingame during "vu 10" but have been looking a bit strange.) Turps as a source for Turp leather (lol) and repesilexes wood extractors (I think). Gradivores used to be a "source" of TP(II) chips outside pvp4. Aetherex, well probably plain annoying when you hunt fugas (lol) as they are pretty aggro but I wouldn't mind them back ingame in some remote area.

Ah and maybe the creature I've called plasmoid. (Name analogous to "calamusoid","umbranoid", "feffoid" etc.)

FYI;

Biffoid got name-changed to Maffoid way-back-when. Their droplist (at least, initially) didn't change (mod 117, a104). Obviously it's now changed to the generic (L) shit but hey ho :)

Aetherex are still in-game... perhaps you should look harder :)

What MA did:
They promissed CE2 too early and implemented it too fast. They then signed up a bunch of PPs when Calypso was still unfinished, cousing them not to priorites the only working planet.

What MA should have done:
2010 they should announce the CE2 change for the first time, with an eta of second half of 2011. They should now launch the new, fully functional Calypso with the possibility of space travel to CP and FOMA. Now sign up a bunch of PPs.

My wallet still talks, and it says nothing.

Oh .. I am amazed....

When a project is so delayed I always demand frequent reports.

So...

Space travel ---- xx% completed ---- xx.xx.xx estimated finish time
Taming ---- xx% completed ---- xx.xx.xx estimated finish time
Mentoring ---- xx% completed ---- xx.xx.xx estimated finish time
Makeup ---- xx% completed ---- xx.xx.xx estimated finish time
Beacons ---- xx% completed ---- xx.xx.xx estimated finish time

Update it weekly! ... or your post is just another empty bla-bla

Yes. This would be the LEAST they could do.

Damn, I can't express how f*&%*%& p*$$3# I am about all this without risking ban.

If you can't give us what has been promised, can we at least get loot back so we can afford to putz around while we wait?

I'd be bright red and fuming hot if I was a PP and MA was doing this to MY customers... Hint hint SEE

Yeah pretty disappointing to see they've done jacksh*t so far in respect to old systems and that only now they
hire more staff..

Pretty crappy news if you ask me.

well tbh Loot suxx yeah, but it has sucked for a loong time now.
New players and Old players needs the fun ingame, its fun for a while but when all those promises that is posted from MA here on EF i just see it as shit u dump in the toilet.
When do we get to see these implements?
Tbh when my son is 13 i was supposed to let him into this virtual universe but now tbh i am not that certain i will let him into this.
Its nice graphics yeah for sure, but wtf all the bugs that are supposed to be handled out BEFORE releasing it?
Loot suxx yeah, but it has for ages..
I will stop advertising for this game to my friends because the lack of communication and lack of respect for us ingame.
Depoer or non depoer, doesnt matter who, needs respect otherwise The Big Boss will loose respect and being looked as unreliable and looses their foundation stone (Yes we are the foundation stone)
Because its we who deposit and work for the economy ingame not the vice president of MA and so, its the foundation stone that needs being satisfied not vice verce.

Shit, if a company treats their clients like this in other cases they´d be out of work...

So tbh MA sry u aint getting shit from me, no deposit until the socalled "promises" will be faced into fact.

Statement from the CEO Jan Welter Timkrans concerning upcoming systems inside Entropia Universe

“We are currently prioritizing the systems necessary for the entire “Entropia Universe Concept” to function correctly. This includes getting the rudimentary space flight system that we had implemented in earlier versions up to speed. This is now our number one priority, which I am sure a number of current holders of hangars are pleased to hear. The new space system will permit flight from one planet to any other planet within the Entropia Universe and of course there will be opportunities for a lot of adventures along your travels.

We would also like to inform you that we have already employed about 20% new programmers who have started work in 2011 and we are aiming to employ about 20% additional programmers in the first and second quarters of 2011 so we can speed up the delivery of systems into Entropia Universe. Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”

Sincerely,

Jan Welter Timkrans

Originally Posted Here

I think you got some of the priorities wrong.

Space travel N.1, sure. N.2 and 3 you should have been starting to work on had to be taming AND BEACONS/MISSION INSTANCES. Makeup maybe the last then but I do not think it would really be that hard to re-implement. Now I know TTing my masks was an okay decision to make.

But for god's sake, how long are you going to try reviving the MENTORING ZOMBIE!? "Work already started on"!? REALLY!? Tbh with nice introduction zones like Genesis, tutorials, tutorial missions that are far superior and community advisers, newbie societies have always been there for them. It would be like a third wheel for newbie introduction. I recall several of my nubs quitting on game cause I was not always being able to be online for em.. why won't they just let it die already.

I bet all of my deposit from next month, that MA will not come back to the concerns raised in this topic. Basically the statement is exactly the roadmap from Marco one year ago...

... wait... nothing of the original map happened in 2010... what makes anybody believe naything will chnage in 2011?

Guess what? My deposit for next motnh, and the month later, and the month after... will be 0, until I have taming back. Hangers are not interesting for me, taming, bacons and beauty would. I pay only what I use... in RL and here.

THIS is supposed to convince me to deposit? :lolup:

As an 'old timer' all I see in this MA statement is the same bullshit as always...

Vague promises that game features will be returning at some unknown time in the future. That's called blowing smoke up our collective asses.

Plus some vague mention about hiring more programmers. Why hide behind a %? Why not just say we have 5 programmers and we have hired 1 more to help out?

And so what if you hired 1 more programmer to increase your output by 20% if you now have 5 new planet partners all screaming for extra planet specific programming? That's like building a sandcastle on a beach with a tsunami approaching.

P.S.
Thanks for actually taking the 30 seconds out of your busy schedule to make 1 post, filled with no information, to the raging EU community. That warms my heart and let's me believe that you truely do care about your customers. FAIL.

P.P.S.
Add me to the growing list of people who will not be depositing until I see some results and not just empty promises.
Well said. Not sure if I will go completely non depo but my deposits will be of less amounts, that is for sure.

25 July 2007
Virtual-World-Entropia-Universe-Selects-State-of-the-Art-CryENGINE-2
...This will make Entropia Universe the closest-to-reality looking massively multiplayer online game ever seen. The transition to an Entropia Universe platform built around this new technology is expected to be finished by mid-2008, and will be available to all Entropia Universe partners.

05-February-2010
Planet-Calypso-Roadmap-for-2010
...When it comes to Taming, Mentoring, Makeup, and Beacons, MindArk has promised all of these will be back before the end of the year.

3. February 2011
-Support-news-from-JWT
....We would also like to inform you that we have already employed about 20% new programmers who have started work in 2011 and we are aiming to employ about 20% additional programmers in the first and second quarters of 2011 so we can speed up the delivery of systems into Entropia Universe. Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”
Sincerely,

Jan Welter Timkrans

:deal::coffee::computer::duh::dunno::lam::nana:
I would like :censored::censored:your:censored::censored:and:censored::censored:to you:censored::censored:when:censored::censored::censored:too
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

About time u speak out Jan!!!
Promissses promisses is all we get year after year!!!
U say u employed 20% more coder now???
That is hard for that single guy to work 6 hours instead of 5 now rofl
Sell that CASTLE u got in germany and employ 20 ppl or rather more instead!!!

I dont belive a word untill i see it happen tbh!

And dont be so GREEDY give us some loot for gods sake???

Dont u understand that u are shooting u in ur own feets with this behavior???

Shape up and do the right thing for ones will u ?

But for god's sake, how long are you going to try reviving the MENTORING ZOMBIE!? "Work already started on"!? REALLY!? Tbh with nice introduction zones like Genesis, tutorials, tutorial missions that are far superior and community advisers, newbie societies have always been there for them. It would be like a third wheel for newbie introduction. I recall several of my nubs quitting on game cause I was not always being able to be online for em.. why won't they just let it die already.

I disagree.

The new tutorials, genesis/gateway and introduction missions are a massive step forward. However, they only provide "what MA wants you to know" information. Mentoring is hugely useful, as it allows old players to pass on really valuable information that MA cannot possibly release to them as they start.

Thus, combined, the two systems will help player retention.

YAWN!

Serious, what a lame announcement! Some vague informations ... no dates, no concrete descriptions ...

That's not what paying customers deserve. Mr Timkens ... since we cannot adress it directly to MA, I have to use this planet partner forum **roll eyes** ... learn to be more serious please!

Wasn't Marco the top at one stage? same shit just dribbled out by some other muppet.

Everyone was complaining that they at least wanted an update, some communication. You got it.

You really want a specific timetable? Really? :rolleyes:

I do agree that there should be developer updates at least monthly. Planet Arkadia is kicking their butts on this, and they are not even live yet...

No mention of new avatars (realistically it would be daft to start makeup of Mutants before this is done) not even convinced taming is a good idea without it tbh.

Well, I we'll see if any of the above actually happens.

Wistrel
What do you mean? I hope it's not mutants as avatars you want...

You don't have any punctuation in sweden? Amazing. :rolleyes:
hmm whats this punctuation :scratch2: eller är det punkter du menar, såna här "..." :confused:

---------------------------------------------------​

Great to finally hear something as so many others said!

Subscribing!! :bomb:

What do you mean? I hope it's not mutants as avatars you want...

I think the word "mutants" was in the sense of new additions/modifications to the way the mentioned systems previously worked/existed.

Everyone was complaining that they at least wanted an update, some communication. You got it.

You really want a specific timetable? Really? :rolleyes:

yeah actually a bloody do... really.

I seem to be able to give them in my work and if i hit a snag i give an update. This guy says

"Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”

Yet Hanne already stated

"Within the end of the year 2010, is the ETA we have been given ;) If there are any updates to the ETA then Ill inform you asap. And yes, I hope the old systems are back as soon as possible too."

So were told it will be here within the end of the year, then were told in February it is next in line to be started on :)

That's why i don't really think his post is worth anything, can't really blame Hanne they obviously bullshit to the planet partners to.

edit: Just a bit of gold from the "Calypso road map for 2010"

When it comes to Taming, Mentoring, Makeup, and Beacons, MindArk has promised all of these will be back before the end of the year. Once FPC gets progress reports we will share them with you.

Last edited:
i am a freakin fanboy!

fanboy 870 up, 223 down

buy fanboy mugs, tshirts and magnets
1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.

btw my new GC just arrived...

WoW, is this the start of a new MA chapter, i do hope soo

communication is very nice, so maybe they read all the posts in this forum and had a meeting and decided they will start communicationg with us :p or they are just warning us that it will take longer for the systems people want to stop people from keep posting (taming, beacons, space) every time there is an update lol

o well lets see if we get more communication i sure hope we doo, ty MA for this INFO :D

RJ Rob

No, it was just them seeing people like myself who deposits $100.00 US...sometimes up to $200.00 a week saying no more deposits until they get things with loot fixed and start bringing back the old systems promised to be back LAST YEAR!:mad:

Our money pays their wages....not a single thing in game....so they better get off their asses and start doing things before they find themselves out of work and ------>:broke:

This post from MA is better then nothing but still means nothing since it didn't say anything other then much more time before any old systems are back. :censored:

Butch C:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entry.php?2060-The-Planet-Calypso-State-of-Play-2010

There Marco told us that it would be delayed, that was in october last year.
JWT has been the CEO for MA atleast since 2004 when i started playing, Marco is the CEO for FPC.

I wish MA could have some sort of truth in their promises!!
When I started this pyramidegame i was quite gullible when i first saw ppl ingame advertising this system and thought i could actually earn something ingame..
But it seems like a promise from MA staff is worth nothing..
When a deadline is posted, that deadline is written in stone because of a huge community, shitloads of ppl reading that same post and in the end that stone is crashed into their wall.

Why do MA/FPC/SEE change owners once per year?? Is it something corrupt in it? Those questions are in my head atm..
Get the work done ffs MA and start working for your customers... Yes WE are CUSTOMERS in a buissness who tells people that scamming is a crime

FFS hope not the Beacons will become a MISSION thats said by marco, that suxx..
Wish the Universe is going to be explorable, with spaceships and even shuttles..
As said form a person earlier (dont wanna look for the post atm) but Its not a universe if we cant explore the universe.. Still hoping and waiting for results...

Everyone with a little bit of common sence knows that deadlines get moved in most areas, both irl and in games.
It was not vgery well thought throug when marco posted the roadmap for 2010, there was some promosis there that got broken but are you small kids or what?
MA has not changed owner, MA first started a company called First Planet Company and MA was the parent company for FPC, nothing strange there.
Now MA sold FPC to SEE so its FPC that has changed owner and there is nothing strange there either.
MA is focusing on platform and let other companys develop the enviroment, our gaming world, nothing starnge with that eiter.

Everyone with a little bit of common sence knows that deadlines get moved in most areas, both irl and in games.
Yes, but moved without Information and what kind of information did we get now? They say one time, but nothing happens

It was not vgery well thought throug when marco posted the roadmap for 2010, there was some promosis there that got broken but are you small kids or what?
No kid here, just thinking of my invested money ingame
MA has not changed owner, MA first started a company called First Planet Company and MA was the parent company for FPC, nothing strange there.
Now MA sold FPC to SEE so its FPC that has changed owner and there is nothing strange there either.
MA is focusing on platform and let other companys develop the enviroment, our gaming world, nothing starnge with that eiter.
Ok thats accepted
But What we want back from this is Information, maybe not every promise can be hold at once we know that but Some of the promised things must be held..

The information in this thread is very good from JWT, a priority list but no promosis.
I have also invested alot of money here, just 2 weeks ago i deposited for a landarea but i dont go crazy over stuff that i cant do anything about anyway, give them time and we will get great systems back :)

The information in this thread is very good from JWT, a priority list but no promosis.
I have also invested alot of money here, just 2 weeks ago i deposited for a landarea but i dont go crazy over stuff that i cant do anything about anyway, give them time and we will get great systems back :)

Well yeah i have all the time in the world, i am athome dad and taking it easy, Might not have invested so much peds as u But i will not deposit one ped into game until some of the promises is shown for real.

pic or it ain't happening! :wise:

p.s.: did u allready fired someone since VU 10.0 ??? :scratch:

Back