sweat at 3ped - good or bad?

Sweat at 3ped and going lower, is this good or bad for our game?

• Good

Votes: 73 22.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 204 61.8%
  • Will have no effect

Votes: 53 16.1%

• Total voters

James Clayton

Guardian
Society
Spartans
James Bo Clayton
The price of sweat has now reached 3ped. I realy think tha this is bad for our game. A lot of new players come here and get involved in sweating to raise a few ped to start enjoying our world withought depositing. Sweating allows them to get enough to get an opalo, do a little hunting and it wet's their apatite. This in turn leads them to geting more involved and quite often to depositing.

Withought this form of playing the game for 'free' I feel we will lose a lot of new players.

Wow has it really dropped to 3 PED? Last time I looked it was around 5 PED, but I'm usually lazy and just buy ME from the auction. Smart sweaters should invest in a refiner and Force Nexus and put ME on auction, then can can spend more time sweating and less time selling.

as everything its ambivalent, not good or bad

-less income for some players
+less expences for some other players

As long as the sweating skills cap won't be installed again and people would continue to be able to sweat for ever, the price will continue to drop.

your haveing a laugh mate its not 3ped never is never will be

I think bad - Younger players may not play/stay at all as cant earn Peds in game, and as these young players get older may deposit later on when get C/cards etc so lose out
- and new players who dont want to deposit ealy in game just want to start out will find game very newbie unfriendly.

but.... may lead to more people depo-ing as sick of sweating for nothing so more peds in game more loot, more money for MA to develop game.

He's obviously talking about price per 1k sweat, but of course you're too intellectual to understand that.

i know he ment 3ped for 1k sweat and its not that low never has been never will be of course you're too intellectual to understand that.

If you sell sweat at 3PED it's your problem, that's not the actual price.

I don't deposit, and with patience you can sell sweat at fair price. Ask the trader if he/she will be interested in more sweat at 0.5 rate and add to your friend list. Soon you'll have a good group of ppl to sell sweat.

Who cares......

As I said before, go collect cans, ask to work one hour overtime. Anything pays better than sweating.

The only reason to sweat is that it might be fun for a while. It is also a way to make really low-lvl hunts a bit more eco.

i know he ment 3ped for 1k sweat and its not that low never has been never will be of course you're too intellectual to understand that.

haha what a fail of a response.... and judging by your avatar picture.... hhahhahah double fail...

Anyway, it was inevitable that this would happen... MA changed the MF system and added it's dirty mind force directly into the market...

I think the sweaters got screwed over when MF healing was changed to use the new Synthetic ME as this didn't really have to happen (for the weapon chips the use of SME was a great idea. :cool:).

When skilling at the old Swamp Camp it wasn't difficult to burn through 2k+ ME a day, and I certainly wasn't alone in doing this. Compare this level of ME usage to what an average player uses for their TP chips in a month, and it's a huge loss in demand for sweat.

I have mentioned the change in this thread so perhaps others who think the sweat price being so low is bad might want to vote. :)

-> Almost no effect on the new players. Soon there will be no point to maintain a moral price tag to Sweat for the new arrivals. There will be a special new player zone, basicly they should be able to learn inside. Free game play wow wowowowo.

-> But it is a good news for the regular deposite players. They dont spend much time to gather sweat and ME is cheaper for them to use. But it will sux if they were used to earn extra ped by gather sweat.

-> It sux for veterans who may try to earn back a few ped. They spend the most , they get less return, less MV for their loot and less money by gather sweat. Now it will take atleast 60 years to earn back the lossses instead 20~40 years. Unfortunately Jing is one of those veteran, FUBAR....

the sweat you get its free after all, its up to you how much it sell it for.

but a different story for swunters, swunters do not get it for free, therefore, there is a "set" rate for them, depending on how kind MA was to the swunters.

If a full team of swunter (12 people) hit a 50PED global lets say(thats ~4PED each), and only collected about 2K sweat before the hof happened, and spend only about 2PED on ammo and decay. Their sweat is worth 1PED/K LAMO.

ofc, I would like to see sweat price being around 5PED/K, no that it matters too much to me, but with such low rate, some swunters even gave up swunting purely because the rate is so bad. On a really bad swunt run, 5PED/K can still break even or make profit.

and hell, if you can buy it @3PED/K, thats way cheaper then buying ME from the auction itself. Grab 1K of nex @130%, including refining cost, you can get 1K of ME @ 162.3% ROFL

A good day @ swunt:
[YOUTUBE]rCmEX-Uz0vw[/youtube]
Don't mind having two of these a day.

Last edited:
haha what a fail of a response.... and judging by your avatar picture.... hhahhahah double fail...

Anyway, it was inevitable that this would happen... MA changed the MF system and added it's dirty mind force directly into the market...

ill buy all the sweat u can give me @ 3ped per 1k plese dont tease my looks i bet i pull more chicks then you

Well.. until it gets so low that noobs wont gather it... its fine... once it gets to such a low that people say fuck it... thats when price will increase... it needs to find a balance... currently far to many people sweat... its a obvious fact... sweating is not a solution to no PED... it should be a bandaid... but not support your EU career... and currently to many people use sweating....

Sweating price will drop until it gets to an equilibrium of demand - supply...

As for those saying hold onto it and wait for .5 buyers.... those people only buy to help Noobs... and they dont help noobs.. they fill noobs heads with bad ideas that prices dont change on things.... its better to give new people ammo, and a gun then it is to pay more then value for sweat. Instead of paying more then economical for sweat... give them a TT gun or some pixie or some ammo.... itd do much better to get them into the real life of the game... and that is... selling crap loot for low PED :D, and getting ammo and blasting it for no loot. :D.

Well it was going for 1.80/1k at Twins yesterday

3 peds per K is another word for shite. I ALWAYS buy 1k 10 peds from noobs. But thats me. I don't buy sweat everyday.

I think bad - Younger players may not play/stay at all as cant earn Peds in game, and as these young players get older may deposit later on when get C/cards etc so lose out
- and new players who dont want to deposit ealy in game just want to start out will find game very newbie unfriendly.

but.... may lead to more people depo-ing as sick of sweating for nothing so more peds in game more loot, more money for MA to develop game.

have no interest in younger players, very few young players is one of the good things about entropia.

Even if what ur saying is true Mike, I have seen people buying sweat as low as 2peds per k. So I'm not sure what ur comment relates to, as you seem a little uninformed about the current state of sweat gathering. Plus if I remember right pre vu-10, sweat was being bought and sold for 0.32 not to long ago maybe last year earlier part of the year.

Wow has it really dropped to 3 PED? Last time I looked it was around 5 PED, but I'm usually lazy and just buy ME from the auction. Smart sweaters should invest in a refiner and Force Nexus and put ME on auction, then can can spend more time sweating and less time selling.
Even with the best refiner the cheapest nexus you can possibly get it's still not enough keb. Thou I dont see why you cant sweat and trade at the same time at Swamp Camp since the mobs arent to far away from the revive, only place I know that allows this. I myself have never ever sold ME on auction for the simple fact I'm selling for less than 0.5 per k or with a higher MU to cover that which I'am not in favor of doing with current MU's.

If you sell sweat at 3PED it's your problem, that's not the actual price.

I don't deposit, and with patience you can sell sweat at fair price. Ask the trader if he/she will be interested in more sweat at 0.5 rate and add to your friend list. Soon you'll have a good group of ppl to sell sweat.
So what angel is saying here makes gd business sense. I've worked very hard to maintain a good connection & network of buyers for myself, so its doable.

TT price is what, 1000 sweat for 1 pec? If it gets that low, you have problems. Til it gets that low, you are selling sweat for more than it's worth... Even at 2 pec per 1k it's at 200%!

Let's see how this math works - someone correct me if I'm wrong on this math since I'm an artist, not a mathmatician:

At 1k sweat for 3 peds, the sweat is selling for 30,000% of the tt value.

Care to name any other item in game, that is selling at that markup value daily, on a regular basis?

At 1k sweat for 3 peds, the sweat is selling for 30,000% of the tt value.

Care to name any other item in game, that is selling at that markup value daily, on a regular basis?
Brukite -> 600'000%
Kaldon, Nissit -> 400'000%
Trutun -> 800'000%

Actually every Fruit or Stone what you can find have MU more than 50'000%

*After 5 month at Twin Peaks - Selling Sweat 100k -> 101% @ Balcony :D

3 ped per bottle ?

;)

Joking, thats pretty bad i guess. Theres lots more to do if you dont like sweating...

Help your society out, recruit for them. Or create some events, all is fun. you only need peds to hunt, mine and/or craft. Its a big island to explore, have a look around and take some printscreens. :yay:

(EDIT: and to partake is every other profession lol)

Even if what ur saying is true Mike, I have seen people buying sweat as low as 2peds per k. So I'm not sure what ur comment relates to, as you seem a little uninformed about the current state of sweat gathering. Plus if I remember right pre vu-10, sweat was being bought and sold for 0.32 not to long ago maybe last year earlier part of the year.

i know wat your saying but i bet whoever was buying never actully bought for 2ped i went to neas to see if these prices was true buying @ 3ped and got many lolz from pissed off people.

Brukite -> 600'000%
Kaldon, Nissit -> 400'000%
Trutun -> 800'000%

Actually every Fruit or Stone what you can find have MU more than 50'000%

*After 5 month at Twin Peaks - Selling Sweat 100k -> 101% @ Balcony :D

looks like its better the walk around and pick up fruits then sweating =)

looks like its better the walk around and pick up fruits then sweating =)
Actually yes, Rutol Market Value right now is about 10'000'000% :D

I think the reason for existence of sweating is to enable newbies a way to get started in Entropia Universe without having to deposit from the first day. The most of us started this way and after a while we began to deposit to improve our equipment or just to buy ammo, probes or bombs.

In my society I have seen many rookies in the past two and half years and I can say that the fall in the price of sweat has meant a reduction in the number of avatars who have overcome the stage of pure sweating to become deposited avatars with some regularity. Without the novice and the decreasing loot I do not see much future for our universe.

putting ME in the TT was the first step...
(nobody believed me when I said it killed the sweat market)

now all that's left for sweat is teleporting, but they gave out cars to a ton of people!

no big surprise!... sucks for non-depo pro sweaters! :rolleyes:

putting ME in the TT was the first step...
(nobody believed me when I said it killed the sweat market)

now all that's left for sweat is teleporting, but they gave out cars to a ton of people!

no big surprise!... sucks for non-depo pro sweaters! :rolleyes:

sucks more for some swunters =(

Back