Sweat Gatherer Skill....2 questions?

Should Sweat gatherer skill Extractable and sellable?

• Yes

Votes: 56 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 60 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mywildturkey

Provider
Society
Fun'Ksters
Wyndal Whitefire Stalker
I have been thinking lately about doing a lil sweating, not a big fan of it really, i prefer to just relax and look for fruit and stones, and yes i know this generates a lower overall income, but im lazy :p

Anyway, the two things that interest me to know are as follows: -

1/ Does your Sweat Gatherer skill actually make any difference at all, or is this part of our skills also dynamic?

To get a comparison on this, i myself am a lvl 6 Sweat Gatherer and i can accumulate about (from memory) 300sweat/hour.

I would love for others to put their current SG lvl and approx how many sweat they could gather in a single hour.

2/ Why oh why MA can we not extract and sell our Sweat Gathering Skill, i completely understand that attributes can not be extracted as they are quite simply put, an attribute or a part of your charactors physiology.

Sweat Gatherer Skill however, to put it bluntly, is simply a skill and as far as i know, it is the only actual skill that can not be extracted and sold (Not sure about mentoring).

So in responce to this i have put a poll in this thread to get a vote going for or against Sweat gatherer Skill being able to be extracted and sold.

1/ no, makes no difference

2/ thus there is no point

1/ This may have changed, but, sweat gathering skill makes a big difference in the very earliest stages, but makes very little difference after that.

2/ Theoretically, you can't chip it out because there used to be a cap. Once you hit around 200-250, you could no longer gather sweat. I suspect that they never bothered to change it.

1/ This may have changed, but, sweat gathering skill makes a big difference in the very earliest stages, but makes very little difference after that.

2/ Theoretically, you can't chip it out because there used to be a cap. Once you hit around 200-250, you could no longer gather sweat. I suspect that they never bothered to change it.

Good point on the old cap, however the cap was removed over 3 years ago. Just doesnt make sense that SG being a skill, why we cant extract it.

But anyway, thx for your reply :cool:

I think it should be extractable ... many ppl want to boost their Skills total and that would have been the case :rolleyes:

hehe, ahh, the cap limit. ,damm, didt even remember that. :laugh:

but cant see why it should be chipped out.

Don't see why it would make a difference to have it extractable. If it's a useless skill noone would buy it anyways. I spose it would open a new way to try to scam newbies. Voted yes though.

If it would make difference I would say yes. I think it doesnt so I say No.
But if skills would affect gathering ratio it would be hell for new players as older would have advantage in sweating and prices would be lower and bla bla bla... anyone thinking can see that...

I'd have to say, if you want the skill you have to do it the hard way.

:sweat:

1. Sure, why not?

But...since it has no or little impact on your other skills and attributes I doubt it would sell. All it would do is to to fill another player with skillpoints, that made no difference. Your skills wouldn't any longer give a hint about your abilities, just boost your total count, and I can't see any reason anyone would like to do that.

as for Q2 I really have no answer...

I disagree with those saying SG skill does nothing :wise:

When sweating the same mob as others, the one with the highest sweat gathering skill gets the most sweat... at least before VU10 ;)

So I belive the SG skill is good for competing with other players, but not solo :D

I disagree with those saying SG skill does nothing :wise:

When sweating the same mob as others, the one with the highest sweat gathering skill gets the most sweat... at least before VU10 ;)

So I belive the SG skill is good for competing with other players, but not solo :D

Has that been tested Foe? Might actually be good to try because sweat gathering skill has no other advantage but if it really does help in group swunts then it would be good to know.

Voted no...

I think the skill does to little to be able to sell it... not that I would like to sell skills even...
I would like to see this skill to do more for other professions... But I don't think that is going to happen any day soon!

I think that would leave people to get more skills in this by doing the thing... not by buying into it!

1 - As far as i know SG doesn't have any impact on sweating (was just used as a cap in the past) but can be wrong and if it did have an impact in group sweats before VU10, i don't see the use now, since you only get 1-4 bottles/sweat from as before where there was actually a range from 1-21 bottles.

2 - No need for extraction since it's a 'dead' skill. Only use i can think of is to tell you how much time you have spent sucking those animals dry :D

I dont think it would hurt anything if the sweating skills could be sold

make SG do something and I'll want to sell it maybe. Voted Yes

Haven't read the replies, so I may be a bit out of it, but still...

Voted no as first of all I don't understand why we have a sweating skill when it's used exclusively to sweat. The actual amount of sweat we may extract from a mob is always the same for every avatar (i mean the total). What may vary is the number of attempts to actually get some sweat, but well, what would be the difference if the probability was always the same? Would sweaters stop sweating? No.

Since the skill exists, I don't agree with the extraction since it's a free activity (no need to spend peds to get peds), that skill gain should remain personal the same way as other stats.

SG skill has no effect.

The only skills which improve your ability to gather sweat are those which contribute to Evader/Dodger/Hit points. The less you get hit, the fewer times you're interrupted, if you have focus though, this can be averted, however that costs to apply, but even then, evader/dodger will make your focus charges last longer (and as we know, at this time, focus isn't even available). More hit points let you take more damage before you die or need to heal.

Even at the lowest levels, SG is not a factor, it's all about Evader/Dodger/HP/Know how.

So no, I am against chipping, let those who earned several thousand SG points stand alone, they earned it.

This is actually an interesting idea if you look at it closely, and could benefit the game.
To extract skills costs PED, and quite a bit of it. You have to have an empty skill implant (which is expensive) and you have to do the extracting (which also costs PED). So to extract the skill the extractor would have to put some PED into the game, and do this before getting any payment. SO, if it encourages peopel to make a deposit then I'm all for it. Still not sure who would buy it though.

Back