Acronoid

Stalker
Society
United Talents
If you need to know it, you already do

This contest has come to an end

Thank you for participating :)

winners here

I want to solve a question, that keeps menkind busy since the removal of the sweatcap:

Does sweat gather skill improve sweatgathering :scratch2:

Because, real scientists as we are, we can not take emperial statments as real prove, I hold a contest to gain information about sweat gathering. :yay:

the rules are quite simple:

Revision of rules!!!

- take a piece of paper, draw 2 colums. On for succesfull atempts, one for failures
- go sweating (at least 100 attempts plz)

post in this thread the follow things:

- sweat gathering skill (add end of sweating)
- number of sweat collected
- succesfull pulls - failure pulls
- place and mobs you sweated
- state if you used focus charges, fap, armor or sweated in group

- DO NOT write the dry or the "creature is in a place where it cannot be sweated" message down as a failure plz

Out of all people that post here I will pic a winner at randum that wins following price:

* an opalo
* a fap 5
* tt handgun (sponsered by zetanian)
* 20PEd ammo (sponsered by solaris)
* Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-28 2.48 PED (By sledge)
* 3K sweat (by Nemesis)

(if anyone who is curious too want to add to the price, be my guest)

This contest runs from saturday 06/01/07 to saturday 13/01/07 20:00 MA time (to view time ingame press <u>)

I then will collect all data and make some very complicated mathematical calculations. I hope many people will join this contest so that we may solve the burning question that troubles us all :wise:

Note: price(s) will be given at the statue at port atlantis at sunday 14/07/07 at 20:00 MA time

Note: this is NOT a contest to who can gather the most sweat in 1 hour, a winner will be picked AT RANDUM using dices :eek:

Good luck and may the sweat be with you :yay:

Last edited:
I think this is an excellent idea, it would be good to know exactly how it does affect the quantaty of sweat.

However, there are some things you need to take into account here - some rules if you like...

Some will use focus charges whilst sweating, some will not.

Some will use Guns to finish off mob when dry,others will run it to the nearest tower.

Some will use FAPs, some will not and will die or have to run away

Some will go out in pairs and "tag" sweat (one sweats until attacked, then stops and the other starts - used to reduce death problems)

All these (and others i didnt think of) will directly influense how much they can collect within an hour regardless of skill level.

For any math freaks among us :D
just got an interesting pm

Kosh said:
Hi,
Do you mind sharing how you are going to test the relationship between the skill and the amount of sweat gathered?

I hate sweating, I am more interested in your statistical method.

Regards,
Kosh

my response said:
Hi

First I going to make a co-relation graphic with the collecting data

SG skill on x-axes, gathered sweat on y axes

if the line goes up, skill it
if the line goes down, make some new sweat avi's :laugh:

I will see what else comes in mind to do with the data
but the main co-relation statistics would answer the question.

but then again, I must take in acount the places and mob types to be more acurate, so I could make a 3d co-relation statistic or I could make a 3d statistic map.

Anyway, the provided data will be proffesional handled and I really hope to have much data to work with.

Ofcourse don't expect it to be posted on monday morning, it may take a few days to find the best aproch.

with regards

Acronoid Deity

I think this is an excellent idea, it would be good to know exactly how it does affect the quantaty of sweat.

However, there are some things you need to take into account here - some rules if you like...

Some will use focus charges whilst sweating, some will not.

Some will use Guns to finish off mob when dry,others will run it to the nearest tower.

Some will use FAPs, some will not and will die or have to run away

Some will go out in pairs and "tag" sweat (one sweats until attacked, then stops and the other starts - used to reduce death problems)

All these (and others i didnt think of) will directly influense how much they can collect within an hour regardless of skill level.

Ok, I'll add addition rules:

No sweat-hunting
and add if using focus, fap, armor

that way we might even know what is the best way to sweat :yay:

thx for the remark pinky :)

btw, I don't believe if sweating in group will affect the sweating much, but I will add it too

May I suggest instead of "time sweated" you use "number of tries to sweat". Say you tried to sweat 200 times but only got x amount of successful pulls. I think that data would be far more interesting. ;)

(As well as the average amount of bottles per successful pull.)

May I suggest instead of "time sweated" you use "number of tries to sweat". Say you tried to sweat 200 times but only got x amount of successful pulls. I think that data would be far more interesting. ;)

although you make a very good point, have you ever tried counting while doing some other task. Well I've tried and I must say I'm worse then noob in such thing :ahh:

btw, it may cause a little noise, but the sweating itself will be full of noise due too many reasons. MA's genial distribution rules not being the least of that :D

So to make it easy for anyone to compete I'm keeping the time. though if sweating at certain spots like nea's place seems much beter, we will know it is due to the revival terminal shortby.

That will be a bit, a very smal bit, harder to do for the sweater but the data will be much more usefull ... time to go sweating again :laugh:

Nah, not that hard.

Equip pen and paper. Draw a line on the paper everytime you left click.

You could even split the paper in two columns, one for succesfull attempts, and for fails.

And dont forget to post SG-skills before AND after :wise:

That will be a bit, a very smal bit, harder to do for the sweater but the data will be much more usefull ... time to go sweating again :laugh:

Don't you mean the data will be useful? :wtg:

I really don't think we can trust "1h sweating sessions". :ahh:

Don't you mean the data will be useful? :wtg:

I really don't think we can trust "1h sweating sessions". :ahh:

Ok, You all made your point, I'll make it more complicated but more usefull. But this means I'll have to add to the price to have people do it :(

all in name of science :yay:

Hi acronoid - Good initiative. But as Konve has stated, setting a predefined number of pulls will make the data far more reliable. No need to take focus charges, fapping etc... into account. And counting them shudnt be THAT hard :).

+rep for the initiative

Hi acronoid - Good initiative. But as Konve has stated, setting a predefined number of pulls will make the data far more reliable. No need to take focus charges, fapping etc... into account. And counting them shudnt be THAT hard :).

+rep for the initiative

done that on many request ;)

pleace go out and sweat now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And remember people, don't write down the pull if you got the "Can't extract anymore sweat from this dry sucker." message. :wise:

Hmm wasnt some guy talking about a 24hr sweating race!? Maybee he could write it all down! :laugh:

And remember people, don't write down the pull if you got the "Can't extract anymore sweat from this dry sucker." message. :wise:

Yes indeed, very good point, I'll +rep you for this one :)

Hi,

Went out sweating for and did 100 pulls on small exas and small daikibas South of troy. Heres the data I collected:

SG before:391 - SG after: 392

Collected sweat: 276

Number of pulls: 100

Failed pulls: 79

Succesfull Pulls: 21

So I had succesrate of 21% at a SGlevel of 391-392

PS: I exlude myself to make a chance for the price. It would be a better use for a newcomer and Im just intrested in the data.
Id also like to add a TT handgun to the price.

Last edited:
I have sweating lvl about 1008.I am sweating with minor focus chip and kill the dry ones.As i gain more experience the only difference i see is that now i dry more animals before they attack.I collect more sweat but falls attembts is about the same.Time to dry an animal has to do with my armour, my evade lvl,the health points(106) .....etc.CANT say how lvl affects sweating.The only thing is that when i sell players believe i am a reseller.

I have sweating lvl about 1008.I am sweating with minor focus chip and kill the dry ones.As i gain more experience the only difference i see is that now i dry more animals before they attack.I collect more sweat but falls attembts is about the same.Time to dry an animal has to do with my armour, my evade lvl,the health points(106) .....etc.CANT say how lvl affects sweating.The only thing is that when i sell players believe i am a reseller.

Well, not to offend you, but unless I got some scientific gathered prove, all you are stating is an empiric observation. but I am interested at the curve of learning and some other usefull data.

I believe you, cause I heared it before but unless I got some concrete data, I can't take it for true :D

I'm so skeptical that when I drop a stone 1000 times, I still want to repeat it 9000 times, just to see if gravity always works :rolleyes: :D

btw, you can always join the contest. In matter of fact I beg all you hardcore sweaters to participate :yay:

You have to do more than 100 attembts to have a result.You can take 200 sweats in an hour ant then next hour 500.I think all is about periods.

You have to do more than 100 attembts to have a result.You can take 200 sweats in an hour ant then next hour 500.I think all is about periods.

well, if 1000 persons sweat we get an even average, besides they can sweat more then 100 atempts anyway.
The clue is in the fact that the more data the more accurate the results are :wise:

Hi, here is my first session result:
Summary:
Total attempts: 100 (less in an hour)
Place: Nea's place, sweat Ambulimax Young and Mature
SG: Before 122, after 129
Sweat collected: 304
Success:Failure 26:74
Orange newbie suit only

Details:
First mob is Ambu young, solo sweating, terrible result with only 8 success and 33 failure! Next is Ambu mature, still solo, amazing result with 11 success and 13 failure only. 3rd one is Ambu young agian, duo sweating with the other guy, result is still bad, 7 success and 28 failure.
First two mobs died under turret before they dry, 3rd one is still alive when I leave.
I'll keep post new results since it surely need more number to generalize.

PS. Ambu is pretty juicy, I pulled more than 130 sweats from the 2nd one and still not dry :D

2nd Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 100 (about 40 mins)
SG: Before 129, after 135
Sweat collected: 374
Success:Failure 29:71
Orange newbie suit only
Group sweating about 8-10 people with some nice people healing randomly

3rd Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 100 (about 30 mins)
SG: Before 135, after 141
Sweat collected: 223
Success:Failure 19:81
Orange newbie suit only
Group sweating about 8-10 people but no heal during this session

4th Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 200 (about 90 mins)
Place: Nea's place, sweat Ambulimax Young, Mature, Old and a Provider......
SG: Before 141, after 147
Sweat collected: 477
Success:Failure 36:164
Orange newbie suit only
Solo sweating

5th Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 300 (about 2 and half hours)
Place: Nea's place, sweat Ambulimax Young, Mature and Old
SG: Before 147, after 159
Sweat collected: 658
Success:Failure 62:238
Orange newbie suit only
Mainly grouping sweating, with people healing around

6th Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 200 (about 2 hours)
Place: Nea's place, sweat Ambulimax Young, Mature and Old
SG: Before 160, after 168 (yes, there were some tries I didn't count)
Sweat collected: 510
Success:Failure 42:158
Orange newbie suit only
Most of the time solo sweating, near the end the other guy join

7th Session
Summary:
Total attempts: 100 (about 1 hours)
Place: Nea's place, sweat Ambulimax Young only
SG: Before 168, after 172
Sweat collected: 259
Success:Failure 19:81
Orange newbie suit only and solo sweating

Last edited:
Hi, here is my first session result:
Summary:
Total attempts: 100 (less in an hour)
SG: Before 122, after 129
Sweat collected: 304
Success:Failure 26:74
Orange newbie suit only

Details:
First mob is Ambu young, solo sweating, terrible result with only 8 success and 33 failure! Next is Ambu mature, still solo, amazing result with 11 success and 13 failure only. 3rd one is Ambu young agian, duo sweating with the other guy, result is still bad, 7 success and 28 failure.
First two mobs died under turret before they dry, 3rd one is still alive when I leave.
I'll keep post new results since it surely need more number to generalize.

PS. Ambu is pretty juicy, I pulled more than 130 sweats from the 2nd one and still not dry :D

thx, I just managed (with 9 others) to dry a mature ambulimax.

just a reminder, could you edit the above post, just add the next sweating round to it.

thx in advance:)

Would it be useful to record Concentration and Psyche levels too?

Would it be useful to record Concentration and Psyche levels too?

yes it would be usefull, but lets take them not in account atm. :D

I know, but I don't think many Mind Force users will reply here, so it won't make that big a deal.

BTW, I'm taking in acount the fact that a higer SG skill means higher concetration, psyche too.

but thx for pointing that out :)

Professional Rank: Amateur Sweat Gatherer
Levels:
Sweat Gatherer: 519
Concentration: 137
Psyche: 21

Session 1 (6th Jan - 07:25 to 08:35 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Ambu (all young) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

14 Successes
86 Failures
191 Bottles collected

No change in level recorded.
No armour, weapons, healing or focus.
All solo attempts.

Session 2 (6th Jan - 09:09 to 10:30 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Daikiba (all young) east of Atlas Island South.

19 Successes
81 Failures
187 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 520.
No armour, healing or focus. (Waiting at revival terminal until a full, natural healing before returning to sweat. Mobs killed when dry)
All solo attempts.

Session 3 (6th Jan - 15:20 to 16:42 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Exarosaur (young & mature) North of Fort Troy.

10 Successes
90 Failures
118 Bottles collected

Concentration increased 1 level to 138. No change in Sweat Gatherer level.
No armour, healing or focus. (Waiting at revival terminal until a full, natural healing before returning to sweat. Mobs killed when dry)
All solo attempts.

Session 4 (6th Jan - 18:34 to 19:39 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Ambu (all young) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

15 Successes
85 Failures
174 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 521.
All solo attempts.

Session 5 (7th Jan - 13:48 to 14:51 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Snablesnot-Male (all young) at Atlas Haven.

19 Successes
81 Failures
262 Bottles collected

All solo attempts.

Session 6 (7th Jan - 17:04 to 17:52 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Ambu (young to old) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

15 Successes
85 Failures
216 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 522. Concentration increased 1 level to 139.
A mix of solo and group attempts.

Session 7 (7th Jan - 22:48 MA time)

43 completed attempts against Araneatrox Prowler at Hadesheim Central.

9 Successes
34 Failures
106 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 523.
These were all mass-group attempts.

Session 8 (9th Jan - 12:52 to ? MA time)

100 completed attempts against Combibo (all young) at Port Atlantis.

22 Successes
78 Failures
215 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 2 levels to 525. Concentration increased 1 level to 140.
Mainly solo but with an occasional group attempt.

Session 9 (9th Jan - 19:53 to 21:21 MA time)

100 completed attempts against Ambu (young to old) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

32 Successes
68 Failures
386 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 3 levels to 528.

Session 10 (9th Jan - 23:05 MA time)

50 completed attempts against Combibo (all young) at Port Atlantis.

16 Successes
34 Failures
169 Bottles collected

Concentration increased 1 level to 141. No change in Sweat Gatherer level.
All solo attempts.

Session 11 (10th Jan - 15:42 MA time)

50 completed attempts against Exarosaur (all young) at Port Atlantis.

8 Successes
42 Failures
78 Bottles collected

Mostly solo attempts.

Session 12 (10th Jan - 20:18 MA time)

50 completed attempts against Combibo (all young) at Port Atlantis.

4 Successes
46 Failures
45 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 529.
Mostly solo attempts.

Session 13 (10th Jan - 22:54 MA time)

50 completed attempts against Ambu (all young) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

6 Successes
44 Failures
84 Bottles collected

Psyche increased by 1 to 22. No change in Sweat Gatherer level.

Session 14 (11th Jan - 15:30 MA time)

51 completed attempts against Daikiba & Exarosaur (young to Old) south and east of Fort Troy.

7 Successes
44 Failures
64 Bottles collected

No armour, or focus. (Avatars at revival providing healing after death. Mobs killed when dry).
Mainly group attempts.

Session 15 (11th Jan - 19:54 to 20:10 MA time)

50 completed attempts against Ambu (most young with 1 mature) at Ambu Land (Nea's Place).

8 Successes
42 Failures
61 Bottles collected

Sweat Gatherer increased 1 level to 530.
No armour, weapons, or focus. (1 heal provided by another avatar while sweating)
All group attempts.

(I do not wish to be eligible for the prize)

Last edited:
I had a few weeks ago a very bad strike, I even counted everything, they were 8 successful attepts and 92 fails with a personal record of 27 failed attempts in a row :yay: ...I got 72 sweat, didn`t watched the SG gaines, I was about 300 SG...
I think some ppl will be tempted not to post very bad strikes like this... hey folks, please post even very bad strikes, let`s make this as accurate as possible...
Oh and +rep for your study and your contest (I also insist I don`t wish to be eligible for winner)

oops, sorry, I have to spread more rep before giving it to u again :).. so no +rep yet... :))

Last edited:
Nice idea, I'll see if I have a full set of pixie in storage, if so I'll add it to the prize if you like.

t

no time to gather some data yet but i'll add a price to your initiative:
Omegaton Fast Aid FAP-28 2.48 PED
Not much TT but a nice fap...

Hi I just joined. I never do competitions 'cause the chances of winnning are so low but this one is different. I feel the same about PE as well.

I have 190 points in Sweat Gathering and I went to Troy to sweat Daikabas + Exarosaurs. I had 53 failures, 9 successes and earnt 81 bottles of the most Vibrant Sweat in all Entropia.

But I think maybe I got more bottles than that because I know at some point during the night I had 8.6k and now I have 8.8k.

I think I will try again and this time I will note *carefully* the amount of bottles of Sweat I have in my possession before and after. Then I will know how many I have *actually* picked up and I can compare that to what my tally says.

If I knew for a fact I had extracted 8.8k - 8.6k = 200 bottles and my tally only says 81 then I could be certain something was wrong and could start over.

I will count my sucess later this night.I will add to the prize 3k sweat i have now and the ones i get tonight.TELL ME to whom i give it.gl

Back