Sweatiquette

Ha! That team name really does speak volumes.

I wasn't involved but I sure wish I had been :laugh:
Anywhere else almost it would have been a tad "naughty" but ffs it's Swamp Camp! There's hardly a shortage of mobs, and a sweater loses the mob he was sweating? Well it's like when a hobo bends down to pick up a penny and the quicker office worker beats him to it :) What did it cost him to fire up his sweating equipment? Nothing, but if a hunter is attacked by a mob that's been agro'd by a sweater it costs him decay if he is in armour and fap if not.
Seems to have been a bit of fun that some didn't like, well that's the world for you. :wtg:

Anywhere else almost it would have been a tad "naughty" but ffs it's Swamp Camp! There's hardly a shortage of mobs, and a sweater loses the mob he was sweating? Well it's like when a hobo bends down to pick up a penny and the quicker office worker beats him to it :) What did it cost him to fire up his sweating equipment? Nothing, but if a hunter is attacked by a mob that's been agro'd by a sweater it costs him decay if he is in armour and fap if not.
Seems to have been a bit of fun that some didn't like, well that's the world for you. :wtg:

Birds of a feather flock together.

Lol ok, but read my sig :)

The original point that was being made wasn't that hunters should never kill a mob that's being sweated. It was established that it was every hunter's right to kill a mob that was attacking him. What people are protesting here are those who think it's funny to specifically target the mobs that are being sweated. Regardless of who has to pay with what, it's just plain rude.

Think of it this way: Let's say you're in a store and are reaching for that roll of paper towels that's on sale. Someone else comes along and, despite the fact that there are hundreds of other identical rolls on the same shelf, he goes and grabs the one you were reaching for. Yes you could just get a different roll easily enough, but that was just plain rude. The rude person has put a damper on that shopper's day. It's not funny and completely unnecessary. Why ruin someone else's gameplay?

People are much more willing to be jerks and buttheads online than if in person. There is no cyber equivilent of getting your ass kicked in a parking lot for being a smartass know-it-all. I have no doubt that most of the jerks and buttheads that are encountered ingame probably never leave the house and if they do are the most non-confrontational people you would meet. That's pretty much the way I see it anyway...

So in other words, they're cowards. :laugh:

Hmmm,

Well I see your point but I have to disagree a tad, In RL I am a
non confrontational person as well as in game. Sure if people go out of their way to be jerks I'll stand up for myself but all in all I'm just here for the fun of it and to make a few friends and I know I'm not alone in this.

Our Soc. has ALWAYS been extremely helpful and never expected a thing in return and had you read what I said, you wouldn't be responding back with such negative replies.
We didn't go after the noobs and their mobs, several of us healed and focused them then moved around them. Whoever didn't wasn't a part of the Soc. or the mob was just bouncing around.
This shouldn't even be spoken of any longer, I seriously don't want to come back to this thread unless I'm here to grtz someone or offer genuine advise.

P.S. What I find funny Mega is I remember seeing you when you and Aqua were having your "Moment" and if you recall, ALL of us were back by the stables where there are limited noobs and unlimited mobs.

Jez Sica Oh

People are much more willing to be jerks and buttheads online than if in person. There is no cyber equivilent of getting your ass kicked in a parking lot for being a smartass know-it-all. I have no doubt that most of the jerks and buttheads that are encountered ingame probably never leave the house and if they do are the most non-confrontational people you would meet. That's pretty much the way I see it anyway...
Well I am NOT confrontational, but am certainly not a coward hiding behind such a statement that YOU made, where did physical violence suddenly enter this DISCUSSION?

P.S. What I find funny Mega is I remember seeing you when you and Aqua were having your "Moment" and if you recall, ALL of us were back by the stables where there are limited noobs and unlimited mobs.

Jez Sica Oh

All those who frequent Swamp Camp (healers, sweaters, traders, newbies) know I am always polite, always non confrontational, always helpful.

If someone starts to tread on my tail with unprovoked "off the cuff" remarks in an antagonistic manner and then states to "wind my neck in" when I take them to task over it, then I will highlight their behaviour here.

Not many newbies have accounts on EF, a lot of them dont even have Camp Phoenix TP, but next time you H20 lot want to cause mayhem, and I witness it, be sure - I'll add it to this thread about Sweatiquette

(Or as i call it - manners)

You should apologise for your behaviour but instead its "oh its only Swamp Camp", "we globalled" "a bit of fun" etc.

When you are in a hole, stop digging.

(Ps. This Friday, none of you were present, and S.C. was its usual friendly place)

Seriously Mega read the whole post PLEASE :))

Seriously Mega, wind your neck in sheesh get a grip?:yay:

Well I am NOT confrontational, but am certainly not a coward hiding behind such a statement that YOU made, where did physical violence suddenly enter this DISCUSSION?

It was simply a way to illustrate a point. When people know there are no real repercussions, they are prone to act differently. It is no different than a child burning ants with a magnifying glass.

The question was asked: "Why ruin someone else's gameplay?" My answer is plausible. I made no accusations against anyone or any society... but there seems to be one above in the quoted text.

You seem to always equate someones actions to violence or sheesh, disgusting act of torture? It's a GAME not RL, H2o's actions that night hurt nobody :eek: Ok someone may have got miffed, but I seriously doubt they are, as we speak, out buying a Kalashnikov? Ok YOU may be but people of a correct mindset arn't, and Mega sure isn't ;) What happened that night sure didn't prompt anyone to go make a support case, it was a laugh, ok a laugh prolly only enjoyed by one side of the people involved? But where you there? If you were, then soz, it was 1 hr of your online experience ruined omg how sad, never mind, if not? STFU let the ones involved sort it out?

You seem to always equate someones actions to violence or sheesh, disgusting act of torture? It's a GAME not RL, H2o's actions that night hurt nobody :eek: Ok someone may have got miffed, but I seriously doubt they are, as we speak, out buying a Kalashnikov? Ok YOU may be but people of a correct mindset arn't, and Mega sure isn't ;) What happened that night sure didn't prompt anyone to go make a support case, it was a laugh, ok a laugh prolly only enjoyed by one side of the people involved? But where you there? If you were, then soz, it was 1 hr of your online experience ruined omg how sad, never mind, if not? STFU let the ones involved sort it out?

You are making this into something it is not. By saying I am all about violence and tourture you are just trying to deflect the issue at hand and turn in into something else. I was merely using an analogy to illustrate a point and answer a question not asked by you, but asked by someone else. If this incident was a minimal as you say then why defend it so harshly? If it was simply no big deal then just shrug your shoulders and walk away... by profanely defending the actions the OP mentioned, it only lends credence to the complaint. IMO there is nothing to sort out. The act was done, it cannot be undone. An explanation was offered, the OP will either accept it or reject it. Again, a questioned was asked and I offered up an answer. I am perfectly within my right to do so immaterial of if I was there or not. The question and the reply did not mention H2O, you, or anyone at all. Therefore, I cannot se any reason for your attack. Let it go...

We didn't go after the noobs and their mobs, several of us healed and focused them then moved around them. Whoever didn't wasn't a part of the Soc. or the mob was just bouncing around.

I was there when it started. This was not what I witnessed.
What I saw was a handful of H20 members killing every mob in sight in a few shots, leaving the sweating noobs (of which I was one) twiddling their thumbs.

When I asked to, please, not shoot the mobs people were sweating, Aqua's response was "sue me." He said a few other things in the same spirit, which I don't remember exactly - one went along the lines of how unfair it was to hunters that the sweaters were hogging the mobs which might contain a HoF. :rolleyes:

At this point I had seen enough and decided to collect another TP rather than let my night be ruined by a handful of children. Any healing, focusing and circling the sweaters by the H20 members must have happened after I left. (which was admittedly quite fast)

Our Soc. has ALWAYS been extremely helpful and never expected a thing in return and had you read what I said, you wouldn't be responding back with such negative replies.

I'll take your word about your soc's helpful history. But being a noob who had never heard of H20 before that night, your soc certainly did NOT leave a positive impression on me.

I'm sure that one moment at swamp camp doesn't sum up what your soc is about. I'm sure most of your members are good folks, even. But that moment wasn't pretty, however you try to justify it. I think it would be best to move on and let your future actions speak for themselves.

I appreciate your input, was something fun for us to do that may have gotten a little messy. Regardless if I think your wrong or not I've decided not to feed into this any longer.

You want to think we're a horrible evil Soc. then so be it, H2o and all the people we've done good for knows the truth and that's what important. If your night was so horribly spoiled by that 30 min. to 1hr. moment in your life and it permanently ruined your game play, then please accept H2o's apology.

Jez Sica Oh

I appreciate your input, was something fun for us to do that may have gotten a little messy. Regardless if I think your wrong or not I've decided not to feed into this any longer.

You want to think we're a horrible evil Soc. then so be it, H2o and all the people we've done good for knows the truth and that's what important. If your night was so horribly spoiled by that 30 min. to 1hr. moment in your life and it permanently ruined your game play, then please accept H2o's apology.

Jez Sica Oh

Apology accepted.

I like to hunt around sweat camp when I am low on funds. Its fun and eco. I can say I accidentally kill a mob someone is sweating and I apologize for that. I usually kill the mobs there in 1 to 3 shots. The way I hunt is I drag the health bar of the mob then click the bar to shoot. What usually happens is someones sweat beam hits the mob at the same time as my bullet and if its one shot kill its too late. Now if its still alive what I do is pause to let their beam finish so they have a chance at the sweat pull then I finish the mob off.

Now this happens usually when people are sweating alone away from the main group of sweaters so its kinda hard to know what your sweating. I do get called a bitch or nasty names sometimes and I feel bad but seriously in those situations its hard to avoid.

Now killing the mobs near the group is a def no no. If I am sweating there with the group and someone starts shooting the mobs we are sweating I will ask you nicely to stop. But if you keep on shooting them then I am stealing your kill. Thats my new policy and I hope the sweaters don't mind.

Sweat camp can be a fun place to be though whether your hunting or sweating I enjoy it there.

Last edited:
I have a question about "stealing the kill". I have noticed that if I kill a mob that someone else shot at first I cannot loot it. (This is not my attempt at stealing, just someone must have died before they could finish it.) Also sometimes I manage to kill a mob and then die before I can loot it, but the carcass is always there waiting for me when I get back, despite the fact the camp is swarming with ped-hungry sweaters.

So the question is, is mob-looting reserved for the person who fired the first shot?

So the question is, is mob-looting reserved for the person who fired the first shot?

Looting is actually reserved for the person that does the most damage to the mob.

I have a question about "stealing the kill". I have noticed that if I kill a mob that someone else shot at first I cannot loot it. (This is not my attempt at stealing, just someone must have died before they could finish it.) Also sometimes I manage to kill a mob and then die before I can loot it, but the carcass is always there waiting for me when I get back, despite the fact the camp is swarming with ped-hungry sweaters.

Whoever does over 50% of the damage is allowed to loot the mob. I am not sure how it would work with, say, 4 people:

Hunter 1: 10%
Hunter 2: 20%
Hunter 3: 40%
Hunter 4: 30%

I think in that case it would be Hunter 3 claiming the loot.

Who ever does the most damge to the mob can loot the mob. I usually have a p5 or bigger on me so in most cases that will kill a dekiba young or old in one to to shots and a combido in 2 to 3 shots. One shot is enough to do more then 50% on the mob.

I seem to have hijacked my own thread. To get it back on topic, here's something I've started doing recently...

Now that I've migrated from sweat-only gameplay to sweat-hunting, I often leave swamp camp to more isolated areas like Atlas North where there are fewer people and the mobs are spaced farther apart. When I'm sweating a mob, usually it will run to me and attack. However sometimes if there are others within its angered radius it will go off and attack them instead. Considering most people in this location want to be alone and take things on one at a time, a second attacking mob is not welcome. When this happens I'll whip out my opalo and kill it before it does too much damage to the other person. If they are low in health I will heal them a bit too. Usually no words are exchanged except for a "ty" here and there, and everyone goes back to doing their own thing.

There's a vastly different dynamic to solo sweating-hunting than group sweating. Do you think the "rules of ettiquette" are different too?

Back