Swedish telecom giant Ericsson demonstrates Proximity Voice Chat in Entropia Universe at CES in Las Vegas.

Stave

Deactivated Account
Just seen this posted on entropiauniverse.com and havent seen it on pcf yet....

http://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/documents/ericsson_proximity_demo_ces_las_vegas.pdf

In a keynote speech at the Consumer Electronics Show
(CES) in Las Vegas, Mr. Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Swedish telecom giant
Ericsson, demonstrated the Proximity Voice Chat system used in Entropia Universe.

Check out the presentation in its entirety here:

http://www.ericsson.com/se/news/120112_hans_vestberg_keynote_speech_consumer_electronics_show_244159020_c

Skip to 13 minutes and 40 seconds into the presentation to see Vestberg’s
demonstration of the Proximity Voice Chat system.

Ah that would explain the "Eriksson" avatars some people reported seeing in PA a few days ago :)

Nice, just wish they'd have had a little longer segment with it, that didn't really show much of the system or the game :laugh:

Who was the wedding crasher in the panda mask? xD
@ 27.50 min in

You can all jump to 14:20 directly :)

Wish I could every time I try it starts from the beginning again :(

If you could get prox chat to work like that where I live, with no lag, I would buy you a box of doughnuts. :yup:

Towards the end of that EU vid I kept resisting the urge to grab my mouse and scroll out for them. :laugh:

LOL I like how he was saying you need P.E.D's and to get them you could get a job!! :laugh:

There are a few LOL moments in the typed subtitles as the typist mishears what he's said...:silly2:

Definately is intresting seeing eu mentioned by Ericcson at CES

Wow, good advertising for MA. What was that ship he ran to, I don't think it was a QUAD, something new?

I can't view the vid on my iPhone could any1 post a pic of said possibly new ship?

There are a few LOL moments in the typed subtitles as the typist mishears what he's said...:silly2:

"We have enormous gamers around the world..." :laugh:

Wow, good advertising for MA. What was that ship he ran to, I don't think it was a QUAD, something new?

I can't view the vid on my iPhone could any1 post a pic of said possibly new ship?

It is a Quad-Wing that has been crashed upside down in the water, if you mean the one at the end :)

Lmao... That's me jumping in the water at 18.09 :ahh:

Has the link/video changed since it was posted? I skip around to all the different times mentioned in this thread, but I can not find any thing in the video related to Entropia?

Back