Swunting?

Sweat

Alpha
Society
ZenietaX
Soulflame
I've always swunted.

For the past three days, I've tried swunting with socmates, and every single time, we get BELOW 50% even with the sweat included.
Yes, my opalo is not maxed, but there is something wrong about this..

I may not be using 50 PED worth of ammo every hunt, but 1k ammo is already quite high to play with for me, and for few days again and again getting like 2-3 PED back, after selling the sweat, there's something wrong. And hmm, the sweat is usually 1.5 -2 PED, so I end up with around 1 PED of actual loot.
Mhmm, I do hunt low level mobs.. Snablesnot Male Youngs, the occasional Daikiba or Exa that attacks me around Anok Sellims. But even though it takes me 4 shots to kill (averaging 7-8pec each Snable), and each time I sweat it dry first(only 1 pull).
Note: I haven't put the Vivo costs into this yet, but that's because I believe that I will need First Aid Skills in the future. After 30 PED of swunting, my vivo is at around 5ped. (34 PED / 7.5 PED = 1/4)
I get 1/4 of my ammo/decay back AFTER selling my sweat at 0.48 =.=
Yes, I know, there are millions of posts out there claiming how useless hunting is, and how I'm just wasting money, but seriously..

If I wasn't swunting, I'd be getting LESS than 10% back as Loot.

Now this may be just a bad period (but the starting non-depo noobie cannot afford to do 100 runs with this kind of returns)...
And every previous time I've swunted, I get 30 - 40% returns...
but I'm hunting with the MOST Eco setup (I believe, recommend something for me if I'm wrong, so I can switch) for noobs (Opalo + M2100 as finisher, to save 1pec), no armor, sweating the mob before killing it, and yet MA rewards me with this...
Here's one of the reasons why I am not depositing.

I earned this money reselling junk I find on auction and earning 1-2%. And sweating. So, there are many reasons why there are so few noobs nowadays-
Reason: Why would anybody want to play this game?
Invest more money = Lose money faster

I'm trying to play "eco", and make my losses as small as possible, by hunting smaller mobs..
Sorry about the post, if you find it a copy of all the others, then -rep me, I don't care. Just saying what's on my mind.

Welcome to calypso... Its dynamic... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good Luck in this Dynamic Universe, as said above.

So...how much have you deposited? :rolleyes:

If the answer is nothing....what the hell are you crying about? You are getting to play a game for FREE!! The only thing it is costing you is time! In fact, you are making a few percent from trading junk from the auction so you are actually whining that you are not profiting ENOUGH!!

MA have to pay their bills, and if it was possible to go out and make a TT profit all the time MA would go under. If you are making a few % on loot or trading, use this to pay for your play.

Now, do as Lord Vader says...

vader.jpg

Last edited:
you should get some peds up 200 ped should be enough when you have that. Do what your doing now but do with 50 PED ammo each run. And use m2100 as finisher if you wanna save 1 pec each kill.

Longer runs even out the bad periods of loot. 50 ped for opalo is like 2h hunt only hunting and if swunting well you know the math.

And when you havin such bad periods no matter how you do it. Take a few days off...

Go out do something else. Play another game. ;)

EDIT: Oh and one more thing... NEVER GIVE UP!! :D

I give you little hint when doing team hunt thinks of two factors:

1, we can do more damage as team so maybe we can go and take on bigger mobs = maybe better loot;)

2, More ammo you start with better are you chance to equal on long terms is not hazard that most dedicated hunters always go with minimum 200/300 peds ammo per run:)

Read EF and try to pick info there is many good thinks on this forum is just time consuming to read all.:cool:

If the answer is nothing....what the hell are you crying about? You are getting to play a game for FREE!! The only thing it is costing you is time! In fact, you are making a few percent from trading junk from the auction so you are actually whining that you are not profiting ENOUGH!!

I think he is making a valid point tbh, why would any newcomers want to stay for that kind of return? Yeah he did sweat and resell a bit, and the money vanishes this quickly. What is a newcomer supposed to think - believe that after they deposit they will get 90% back when hunting? They will assume it's 10% all the way and go on their merry way. It's ok to gradually lose, but not everything in one go, whether that money was deposited or sweated.

I think he is making a valid point tbh, why would any newcomers want to stay for that kind of return? Yeah he did sweat and resell a bit, and the money vanishes this quickly. What is a newcomer supposed to think - believe that after they deposit they will get 90% back when hunting? They will assume it's 10% all the way and go on their merry way. It's ok to gradually lose, but not everything in one go, whether that money was deposited or sweated.

Maybe FPC / MA INTEND for non-depositors to lose quicker than depositors. The faster the money runs out, the less playtime ya get, so the likelyhood of depositing some to keep playing increases. Then, once a deposit has been made loot allocation changes to a slightly better tt return.

This game is ENTERTAINMENT, and as such the level of entertainment you get is almost always comensurate with the price you pay. If you pay nothing, you cannot then complain that the entertainment was not worth the money. If you want to use EU to make money, you are on to a loser from the start, as the game is geared to give less back that you put in. Canny trading and the building of networks is how to maintain your play.

One thing that seems to be forgotten is that this is not only a game, it is a BUSINESS and as such needs to make money to survive. If we could all come here and swunt, trading the loot between ourselves and make a couple of percent profit why would any of us deposit, and how long would this game last?

The vast majority of people in this game did not make a deposit straight off. They played for free for a while, sweating, swunting, trading. Then, after discovering that this was boring and there were so many other things to do that cost money ingame they deposited and played.

We did not all run off and play other games just because we didn't make money for free. Therefore your argument is irrelevent.

And to the OP. Ditch the vivo. Dying costs nothing. When you have built up some skills, sell them. Make sure your opalo is maxed, along with the 2100. Hunt combibo. Yes they cost a little more to kill, but they often loot 10 or 15 pedders. Use more than 10 ped of ammo per run. 50 ped is a minimum.
Team with others using the same weapon, but hunt bigger stuff (corns etc) so you are minimising your firepower costs and maximising your hitting power and loot potential.

Last edited:
Maybe FPC / MA INTEND for non-depositors to lose quicker than depositors. The faster the money runs out, the less playtime ya get, so the likelyhood of depositing some to keep playing increases. Then, once a deposit has been made loot allocation changes to a slightly better tt return.

This game is ENTERTAINMENT, and as such the level of entertainment you get is almost always comensurate with the price you pay. If you pay nothing, you cannot then complain that the entertainment was not worth the money. If you want to use EU to make money, you are on to a loser from the start, as the game is geared to give less back that you put in. Canny trading and the building of networks is how to maintain your play.

One thing that seems to be forgotten is that this is not only a game, it is a BUSINESS and as such needs to make money to survive. If we could all come here and swunt, trading the loot between ourselves and make a couple of percent profit why would any of us deposit, and how long would this game last?

The vast majority of people in this game did not make a deposit straight off. They played for free for a while, sweating, swunting, trading. Then, after discovering that this was boring and there were so many other things to do that cost money ingame they deposited and played.

We did not all run off and play other games just because we didn't make money for free. Therefore your argument is irrelevent.

Don't make that "we" sound like I am from another planet. I started the same way for free and pulled my ass along for free for quite some time and I deposited because I wanted to move up the ladder i.e. get cool gear, clothes. I did not make that first deposit because I was losing everything my sweating labours produced, nor did I make my first deposit for the promise of 10% returns in the future. Like, yay.
If I was starting now, I don't think I'd find those prospects exciting.
Plus, there have been statements from MA officials before that deposits have no impact on loot returns (afair, I have read that statement on a number of occassions before).
Sweating is meant to be a demo of the game. 30% or under returns is a sucky ass of a demo, sorry.
I know EU is far from a game, and primarily it is a business, but a good business will ensure customer satisfaction.
I am not opposed for paying for entertainment, neither would OP I think, if the demo got him excited enough to buy bigger guns. But the prospect has to be more attractive.

its still cheap and you dont have to deposit to have your fun.. and if we use "pyramid scheme" analogy then at the bottom is more people to share between.. and each get less..
at least profiting small time is possible with opalo swunting.. imagine now losing 200peds from single hunt and how much time would THAT money take to get back by sweating..for single hunt;) no other way than depo or trade

you want to know whats wrong? I can tell you!

- the mining event is running
- some unexpected drones showed up
- the WoF scenario comes along with a raise of maturity and density of for example Malcruentor
+ theres the Eomon-Run comming up
(not sure if LG has also an impact on it)

Last year before the whole event madness begun... , to name some names, the baby spiders, the late eomons, the botwar and the merry mayham...tbc

... loot was so low that many ppl lost faith in the entire thing. Suddenly the pot opened again and the global-hype began. Today its the same gap like 8 month ago, question still is how deep and wide that gap is...

this phase of EU is a survival of the fittest where only the most dedicated will earn and again many will loose. Theres actually nothing wrong in it, but i understand very well how you feel.

... this phase of EU is a survival of the fittest where only the most dedicated will earn and again many will loose...

..and the wise just won't play... :computer:

Sweating is meant to be a demo of the game. 30% or under returns is a sucky ass of a demo, sorry.
I know EU is far from a game, and primarily it is a business, but a good business will ensure customer satisfaction.
I am not opposed for paying for entertainment, neither would OP I think, if the demo got him excited enough to buy bigger guns. But the prospect has to be more attractive.

I'm trying to tell others that this game isn't giving any newbies ANY REASON to stay. Do you expect everybody to deposit 20$ once they found out about a game? And considering how 90% of the population inside and outside of EU claim it's not exactly a game where you can play for cheap.
So basically, you come into the game, spend 3-4 hours sweating, get an opalo and like 100 ammo, shoot, and find out you just got 6pec in return. Yup, I sure am going to deposit 20$ now, now that I found out how great and dynamic this game is.
So some people say I'm "freeloading" off this game. Well, I'd pay for it too, but what is it that I'm paying for? I don't think 20$ is worth playing for a few hours, and then having to fetch my credit card again.

you want to know whats wrong? I can tell you!

- the mining event is running
- some unexpected drones showed up
- the WoF scenario comes along with a raise of maturity and density of for example Malcruentor
+ theres the Eomon-Run comming up
(not sure if LG has also an impact on it)

Last year before the whole event madness begun... , to name some names, the baby spiders, the late eomons, the botwar and the merry mayham...tbc

... loot was so low that many ppl lost faith in the entire thing. Suddenly the pot opened again and the global-hype began. Today its the same gap like 8 month ago, question still is how deep and wide that gap is...

this phase of EU is a survival of the fittest where only the most dedicated will earn and again many will loose. Theres actually nothing wrong in it, but i understand very well how you feel.

Every game that I've played, whenever there was a depression, a new event, a bad update, they would offer INCENTIVES to people so they would play (and deposit). Incentives like new items, extra skilling (and NOT with worse loot), and special events.
So after there's 100 000$ deposited, they would make 40 000$, and everyone would be happy.
I don't know what's going on at MA, but it seems as though instead they'd rather get only 50 000$ deposited from a small community, and take 40 000$ from that, leaving everyone dissatisfied, and a smaller player base.

Now, do as Lord Vader says...

vader.jpg

wooohaa awesome pic :)

and to the OP GL it will turn u'll see

Bleh, I just realised I don't care.

GL

Last edited:
A Good Place for Swunting in bigger teams is Nea's place . often there are lots of people who will come with you or maybe there is allready a group swunting ambus. try south of the tp to the edge of the landarea. swunting teams are mainly there.

good luck and have fun in this world :)

Think its bad now, wait untill you get some decent skills and gear :)

thats if you dont swunt for ever.

Take this in the best humor But.........

No skills,No depo =No loot
common_sense_972187.jpg

I have been swunting for the last few months. I spend 10 peds in ammo, or 1 TT knife per hunt. Trying to idle along until Cry2 finally gets here.

I make a small profit 4 of 5 hunts, enough to let me join in my soc's Sunday hunt. :)

The absolute worst return I got was around 50%, that was when I took on a dabika dominant with my tt knife lol:ahh:, but mostly my losses were a ped or two. I don't know what the original poster is doing wrong...maybe he is getting mugged by lots of mobs and getting armor and fap decay?

I have been swunting for the last few months. I spend 10 peds in ammo, or 1 TT knife per hunt. Trying to idle along until Cry2 finally gets here.

I make a small profit 4 of 5 hunts, enough to let me join in my soc's Sunday hunt. :)

The absolute worst return I got was around 50%, that was when I took on a dabika dominant with my tt knife lol:ahh:, but mostly my losses were a ped or two. I don't know what the original poster is doing wrong...maybe he is getting mugged by lots of mobs and getting armor and fap decay?

It's always 1 mob, and I'm always as far away as possible, to do the most dmg before it hits me...

I don't think the OP is doing anything wrong, I like many players go through periods where I don't even get close to 50% return. Yesterday I hunted 750 ped ammo and I got about a 30% return. It was a terrible day. The day before I lost about 400 ped. Today I had a profit run and a loss run and am down around 70 ped.

After a short break I will change up what I am hunting and try some more. At some point my luck will turn and I will have some profit hunts and do well for a while before my next poor loot cycle. it happens and you can't say the OP is doing something wrong if he is on a down cycle.

Sometimes they can be tough to keep playing through.

Extra tough for the poor guy just starting out...:(

Yea, it's a long, tough road ahead for any new player, especially a non-depositer, but like anything else in this game, you'll be awarded for your persistence and dedication to achieving your goals.

Extra tough for the poor guy just starting out...:(

Very true, but you have to start somewhere. Think of the guys who have been here since 2003, it takes alot of time to get a decent avatar and decent skills/items. imo its worth it but meny want a quick rise to fame.

I've always swunted.

For the past three days, I've tried swunting with socmates, and every single time, we get BELOW 50% even with the sweat included.
Yes, my opalo is not maxed, but there is something wrong about this..

I may not be using 50 PED worth of ammo every hunt, but 1k ammo is already quite high to play with for me, and for few days again and again getting like 2-3 PED back, after selling the sweat, there's something wrong. And hmm, the sweat is usually 1.5 -2 PED, so I end up with around 1 PED of actual loot.
Mhmm, I do hunt low level mobs.. Snablesnot Male Youngs, the occasional Daikiba or Exa that attacks me around Anok Sellims. But even though it takes me 4 shots to kill (averaging 7-8pec each Snable), and each time I sweat it dry first(only 1 pull).
Note: I haven't put the Vivo costs into this yet, but that's because I believe that I will need First Aid Skills in the future. After 30 PED of swunting, my vivo is at around 5ped. (34 PED / 7.5 PED = 1/4)
I get 1/4 of my ammo/decay back AFTER selling my sweat at 0.48 =.=
Yes, I know, there are millions of posts out there claiming how useless hunting is, and how I'm just wasting money, but seriously..

If I wasn't swunting, I'd be getting LESS than 10% back as Loot.

Now this may be just a bad period (but the starting non-depo noobie cannot afford to do 100 runs with this kind of returns)...
And every previous time I've swunted, I get 30 - 40% returns...
but I'm hunting with the MOST Eco setup (I believe, recommend something for me if I'm wrong, so I can switch) for noobs (Opalo + M2100 as finisher, to save 1pec), no armor, sweating the mob before killing it, and yet MA rewards me with this...
Here's one of the reasons why I am not depositing.

I earned this money reselling junk I find on auction and earning 1-2%. And sweating. So, there are many reasons why there are so few noobs nowadays-
Reason: Why would anybody want to play this game?
Invest more money = Lose money faster

I'm trying to play "eco", and make my losses as small as possible, by hunting smaller mobs..
Sorry about the post, if you find it a copy of all the others, then -rep me, I don't care. Just saying what's on my mind.

to be honest i think it's down to the time of year... the upcoming update... recent events and new mobs and migtrations that are zapping the loot since february.. the returns i've had during this time have made me quit hunting (possibly just temporarily).. you can be as eco as you like but lets face it.. hunting loot has been very bad for the general population, you are NOT alone, stick with it.. when you are the kind of hunter that burns through 2k ped in a day with %10-%20 returns.. then by all means come back and complain then. :p

in addition.. deposit regular if you can, and be sure to make repairs even if just a couple of ped every few days, using only L gear tends to (imo) reduce returns over time.

I saw a shirt once that said "Play the lottery: It's a tax on people that are bad at math." This game reminds me a lot of a casino. I bet MA would be able to retain more people if they would balance out loot distribution. I'm not saying to make it so that you always profit everytime, but so that you don't lose so much you want to quit. After consistantly getting 20+ no loots in a row for a few days, I gave all my stuff away to a soc mate and went MMO hopping.

I almost feel sorry, you just don't get it. And making assumptions about deposits while you never did is just hilarious

Back