Synchronization chips (old focus)

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Just tried the lvl XIV synch chip. (the old potent focus chip)

It's now a temporary "focus" only lasting 10 minutes (complete w/ cute lil timer)

Multiple uses does NOT increase time beyond the 10 minutes.

Haven't checked decay yet, but my 1st thought is:

How useful is it now, that it's a temporary protection?

Sounds like it allows PVP miners to escape if they are not killed on the first shot

It's now a temporary "focus" only lasting 10 minutes (complete w/ cute lil timer)

10 minutes seems really short for the "potent". Is it longer or just more effective than lesser chips?

Still haven't really got my head around the way that synch works. I liked a lot of the old mindforce names better, though.

10 minutes seems really short for the "potent". Is it longer or just more effective than lesser chips?

There are two different stats on the synch chip.

For the XIV
Strength (0.42)
Duration (600 seconds)

Compare to the Synch II chip
Strength (0.25)
Duration (340 seconds)

I liked a lot of the old mindforce names better, though.

Completely, 100% and totally agree. The new names S-U-C-K. :(

There are two different stats on the synch chip.

For the XIV
Strength (0.42)
Duration (600 seconds)

Compare to the Synch II chip
Strength (0.25)
Duration (340 seconds)

Interesting. Well the opens up all kinds of new complexity possibly only an accountant could love. :silly2:

The dumbing-down of names and random esoteric stats and proliferation of items differing in name only by a number is really tragic.

From what I have seen they don't do anything when you use attack chips. I have hunted with and without focus now and not seen any difference... Do you still need concentration with attack chips? Hrmm.. I am too confused today..:laugh:

I have a First Gen Electric III, and did not need focus when being attacked.

Not for the better if you ask me. Since its only use up to now is for sweating purpose (I just have checked attack chips), maybe now teleporting its not really an improvement.

With the old "number of attacks" version it got better when getting higher evader levels.

Now its the same for all. It doesn't matter if you get hit or not.

From what I have seen they don't do anything when you use attack chips. I have hunted with and without focus now and not seen any difference... Do you still need concentration with attack chips? Hrmm.. I am too confused today..:laugh:

yeah, it feels a bit odd...... being attacked by a mob don't seems to do anything to the abilty to attack with the chip.

if i understood the info correct the better the chip is the less your concentration looses sort of.

ie no conc and you get hit it starts from the beginning. with a chip it doesnt loose all conc so it doesnt start from the beginning again.

Totally agree synch chips are now totally useless... unless ur helping out noobies at camp :D. Ive just been trying the heal chips and attacks chips today at the rig and at the twins ring and seems u can use them both without having to buff up as I tried it both ways. There is no chargeup time in attacking or healing but I guess this is where the cooldown time does. After several uses on the attack chip it seemed I cudnt attack again for a few seconds before resuming can someone verify this thou..? I can now see how layered focus charges were better as u cant increase the time buffeed up like u did charges u cud just keep on "buffing" excuse the joke. So I guess its a gd thing I never bought the potent chip :laugh: seems like a waste of a purchase and peds. Btw john wat implant did u use to use the potent focus chip?

~Mark~ & his 2 pecs..

Is better as before in situations where you are sorrounded with many tants or merps.
Bad is that now is slow to charge, that range is shorter if i remember old ( now 16) and seem it use more than 1 ME now.

And also them did one more big nerf with them - now Potent Focus Chip (Synchronization Chip XIV) use eight times more ME, than before - 8 (800) vs 1 (100) :mad:
That biggest currently known nerf, as I remember?

Has anyone gotten skillgains from using the sync chips? I tried a bit and failed to get any.

Wasn't a potent focus chip 1 ME to use before??? It's now 800??? Since when is 1 X 100 = 800????????????????????

THAT'S 8 TIMES WHAT IT WAS BEFORE!!!!! DAMN THE NERFS!!!!!!!

Am I not remembering this right? (I hope I'm remembering wrong but I don't think so....... )

And no thanks to the ppl that took ALL The old MF and chips info off of Entropedia!!!!! no reason to have removed it so fast!!!!

This is what MA put in release notes!!!

In order to align the Mind Essence consumption with the system changes, the following changes have been made:

* The Mind Essence value has been divided by 100: where you got 100 Mind Essence per PED before, you now get 10,000.
* Mind Essence usage is multiplied by 100: if your Mind Essence was 7 before, it is 700 now
* Everyone’s amount of Mind Essence has been multiplied by 100: if you had 940 Mind Essences before, you now have 94,000.

Sorry, in a very pissed off mood atm :mad:

Has anyone gotten skillgains from using the sync chips? I tried a bit and failed to get any.

Yes, several Telepathy gains using a XIV. :)

Is better as before in situations where you are sorrounded with many tants or merps.
Bad is that now is slow to charge, that range is shorter if i remember old ( now 16) and seem it use more than 1 ME now.

I eat my words, focus chip is buged and does not protect.
Tryed combustive strike in midle of merps and got interrupted all the time.
Same happen with synchroniised - focused sweaters at Nea's.

Wasn't a potent focus chip 1 ME to use before??? It's now 800??? Since when is 1 X 100 = 800????????????????????

Am I not remembering this right? (I hope I'm remembering wrong but I don't think so....... )

And no thanks to the ppl that took ALL The old MF and chips info off of Entropedia!!!!! no reason to have removed it so fast!!!!

This is what MA put in release notes!!!

In order to align the Mind Essence consumption with the system changes, the following changes have been made:

* The Mind Essence value has been divided by 100: where you got 100 Mind Essence per PED before, you now get 10,000.
* Mind Essence usage is multiplied by 100: if your Mind Essence was 7 before, it is 700 now
* Everyone’s amount of Mind Essence has been multiplied by 100: if you had 940 Mind Essences before, you now have 94,000.

Sorry, in a very pissed off mood atm :mad:

The info is still there, that's the good thing with wiki :) should be in the history.

try it with only one mob, most likely you got hit so many times the focus didnt have time to do much, it doesnt stop interuption any longer, it stops the loadingbar to start over from the beginning.

Wonder where they got these sucky names from....

Not for the better if you ask me. Since its only use up to now is for sweating purpose (I just have checked attack chips), maybe now teleporting its not really an improvement.
It's not good for sweaters either :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Tried it out at Nea's last night and once I got hit I lost my concentration just as without "focus" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah you remember right it was 1ME, stupidly I didn't check that so thanks for the heads up...

The info is still there, that's the good thing with wiki :) should be in the history.
Checked for implants yesterday and all that are in the history are the changes made not the "complete" info :(

Nothing has been removed - as Legion said, all old information is still there. All you need to do is find the item in question and open its History tab. In the history of the former Potent Focus Chip you will find such a line:
history_418101.jpg

As to why the changes were made so hastily, I believe the purpose of the wiki is to always have the most accurate and up to date information available. If you disagree, then how long do you think information should be kept outdated? A day, a week?

I realise you were mad when you posted this. In the future, try to think of the people who make an effort to ensure that the information you gather is always valid and fresh, before making such comments :)

Is it a complete interruption or a reduction in concentration time as described in the VU notes?
Focus
The Focus system is rewritten:
* Concentration period interruption is changed. If you are hit by other avatars or mobs, the already aggregated concentration time will now be reduced by a certain amount. This amount is diminished if the caster has an active synchronization effect.

It sounds like the effect is supposed to be only partial now (based on the chip "strength", probably) rather than complete. I'm not sure that's a good idea but it doesn't sound like it's a bug.

Is it a complete interruption or a reduction in concentration time as described in the VU notes?

It sounds like the effect is supposed to be only partial now (based on the chip "strength", probably) rather than complete. I'm not sure that's a good idea but it doesn't sound like it's a bug.

that's how i think it works, from the description, and using a small chip and being attacked by several mobs or maybe big damage mobs then you loose all conc anyway so i doubt they are bugged. go try on like one snable or such.

A small test

Hi,

wanting to know how'd the renewed focus chips would work now when renamed to "Synchronization" I took my "Synchro Chip II" with me, and went out to the wastelands near Fort Argus.

Plan was to sweat dry some Snables, in pairs of same maturity, each one with and one without the Synchro buff. I did for 2 pairs, received the same amount of sweat for each, but had quite some differences in the number of occurrences of the yellow line saying: "Concentration is lost. Extraction attempt failed."

First number yellow lines without buff, second with buff:
Snable-Male Mature: 8, 13
Snable-Female Mature: 12, 22

This makes a total without buff:
20 x "Concentration is lost. Extraction attempt failed."

and total with buff:
35 x "Concentration is lost. Extraction attempt failed."

So "synching" newbies at Nea's might not be the best of ideas ...

This smells like a bug. I know that my sample is tiny, and to draw any conclusions it should be way bigger - but:

"Synchronization" seems to be meant as a benevolent buff. Would it work like this it would rarely cause such results - even if these might be influenced by a malevolent randomness ...

I'd be able to accept equal values as a result of randomness, but 35 yellow lines with buff compared to 20 without? This buff better might be seen as a debuff!

Right, this all might be wrong and a result of randomness hitting heavy. Similar to the result of my short try, that netted a profit of about 30 PED, with about 5 PED spent at all - Snables sometimes are just generous ;-)

But I'd be really interested in more data, and reports of experience. At the moment I fear it'd be better not to focus/ synchronize anybody we'd not actually hate ...

Have fun!

From my experience synchro buff does absolutly nothing when sweating... I was watching and 100% times mob hit me i lost concentration... it is probably because the chip is just "pulling the bar back" and when sweating procedure starts it is already full and just waiting to finish.

Conclusion: this chip is absolutly usless at the moment. Lets just hope MA will have use for it in nearest future or they will change how the chip work with sweating - otherwise...

Falagor
:bandit:

Hi,
From my experience synchro buff does absolutly nothing when sweating... [...]
This would be suiting my results - the small sample might easily explain the even reduced chance of success I suffered.

Are there any reports of using these Synchro chips with any success in other usages of MF? Or are they broken by design now?

Have fun!

Edit:
Seems the cool bubble when focused has gone away, and the ability to dance with "glowing hands", too - why do they always remove the cool stuff? :(((

Last edited:
I dunno if my A-hole can take much more without bursting... Beeing a customer to MA is worse then the jail.

Lets hope they sort this out asap

To me it looks like direct comparison with "old" focus chips is a mistake.
The skill is changed not "reintroduced" with another name.
Before - attack chips had concentration that could be interrupted. Not anymore. Instant cast for attack chips now makes "old focus" irrelevant. Same goes for heal-chips.

At this moment concentration periods exist for TP chips, sweatgathering (in fact, it's more like the SG tool doesn't have real concentration, it has cooldown/extracting period after it's used), combustive chips (reduced, as i've heard) and maybe resurrection, wormhole.
Reports indicate that for sweatgathering the synchro buff does nothing.
Dan 59 says, that for combustive chip there's no effect too. I believe him (he's the best mindforce user ingame. he knows his art)

So there're only TP chips, resurrection and wormholes left to be checked. If there's any effect of this skill, it should be there. Resurrection and wormholes are out of the reach for most people, but TP chips are common. All that's needed is to check what's happening when you receive hits while charging a TP chip with and without synchro. I may do some testing when i enter the game later. For now i didn't use TP chip in crowded area so my concentration was never interrupted :ahh: Once i was boxing a person who was charging his TP chip near the oil rig, but he teleported away nevertheless... No idea if he had synchro. :dunno:

Last edited:
Just my two pecs..

I have an XIV and I do not see how it does anything now at all. It does not seem to help with sweating at all. So, thank you MA for making something that was useful and had a bit of value into something that is now or soon will worthless, thank you very very much.

Seoul...:mad::mad:

Be patient, there will come a time where synchronization chips will play a part in this game.
At least that's what I think, but am guessing like everyone else :vampire:

Has anyone checked tp-ing with sync when getting shot in a pvp zone? I can't see atm any other possible use, could be to do with new chips though maybe.:confused:

My bet is they add to the effect of lasers and scopes.:silly2:

Back