"Target evaded attack "... not loss in loot.

Joat

Elite
Society
M.I.S
Very bored and tired, so I thought I go for a quick "theory":
"Target evaded attack"(TEA) is nothing but a interaction same as any other shots,
building up value for loot too, only difference is that it do not reduce HP.
So getting a TEA is not really a pure loss when loot is calculated.
Anyone agree?

Very bored and tired, so I thought I go for a quick "theory":
"Target evaded attack"(TEA) is nothing but a interaction same as any other shots,
building up value for loot too, only difference is that it do not reduce HP.
Anyone agree?

If that were true than why increase the % of "Evade" from what it used to be? Also if it builds up loot then why are we not getting more globals instead of less? It's a sneaky way to increase costs w/o need for new players. Just like when they said they would get rid of no loot mobs and introduce everyone's favorite loot - FRAGS!.

They constantly do stuff like this because people always justify it so MA figures what the hell they seem to like it so lets give them more. so we got frags, more damage, increased armor decay, faster mob regen, and so on and so on...

Personally it ruins the game entirely for me. On low level mobs (lvl 0-13) it virtually impossible to kill one with out at least 2-3 Evades.

And as for costs - it adds to decay. Even more so when they ninja spawn a mob on you and you are low on HP. Then you get, evade, evade, evade - crit hit - death!

Very bad route to take but hey - even I still give them a little more $ so that must mean i want more nerfs :scratch2:

Nope its not because the loot system is designed with the 90% hit rate. Only the "MISS" from using unmaxed weapons are 100% loss.

ps: Overkill is also 100% loss. However some people don't believe it. But if you think logically you'll know that it is since the cost per kill gets bigger than if you use a finisher, thus less mobs you're able to kill for the same peds which equals less loot etc.

Makes far more sense to just base loot on mob HP and total hp killed if you ask me, rather than "interactions" with a mob. Reduces server load and chance of exploits.

The thing about TEA is it doesn't matter whether it's included or not because it's the same (10%) for everyone, so it's all the same.

Makes far more sense to just base loot on mob HP and total hp killed if you ask me, rather than "interactions" with a mob. Reduces server load and chance of exploits.

The thing about TEA is it doesn't matter whether it's included or not because it's the same (10%) for everyone, so it's all the same.

however, a TEA does cause decay, which according to some theories makes bigger multipliers.

as to whether the (slightly) bigger multiplier goes to you, I have no idea. In the long run it should more or less average out, though.

If that were true than why increase the % of "Evade" from what it used to be? Also if it builds up loot then why are we not getting more globals instead of less? It's a sneaky way to increase costs w/o need for new players. Just like when they said they would get rid of no loot mobs and introduce everyone's favorite loot - FRAGS!.

I dont think that is proven, from what I have heard mobs evade the same as always, however if they did up it then I would assume they did it to equalize after they stopped penalizing for missed shots, ie really missed shots where you shoot the floor or sky

ps: Overkill is also 100% loss. However some people don't believe it. But if you think logically you'll know that it is since the cost per kill gets bigger than if you use a finisher, thus less mobs you're able to kill for the same peds which equals less loot etc.

I am glad you made this post, I actually didnt think of overkill as loss, because I assumed ammo spent would be returned in one way or another. But like you say, theoretically it is a loss if you believe it works on avg cost to kill, which I do

(TEA) is [...] building up value for loot too, only difference is that it do not reduce HP.
Agree.
(Not sure if "pure loss" even exists any more.)

I'll use the opportunity and slip in my theory. Missed shots and evades both have their roots in network connectivity problems. Make a simple test, take a closer look what happens after:
  1. Your aim has accidentally moved outside the hit box (cause mob jumped to the side, mob animation altered the hitbox, etc)
  2. You move it back into hit box
  3. You make the 1st shot after 1. and 2.
Count how many times you score "Evaded"?
Compare it to the series of "normal shots" when u stay firmly inside the hitbox all the time.
Notice any difference? ;)

I think the server can't always make all the necessary checks in time. To win some additional time it decides, just in case, that this 1st shot didn't hit the target. There's always a certain "reserve" of evaded shots so in the big picture it doesn't change anything.

Now turn it around. You had a perfect network connection, and aimed at all mobs carefully, gave the server enough time to react before the 1st shot, and you never lost the hitbox while shooting. As a result the server didn't use up it's reserve of "Evaded". The periodic check found out there's a surplus of em. Gotta take care of this, "use them up".
  1. "Target evaded attack"
  2. "Target evaded attack"
  3. "Target evaded attack"
  4. "Target evaded attack"
  5. "Target evaded attack"
  6. "Target evaded attack"
  7. "Target evaded attack"
  8. "Target evaded attack"
  9. "Target evaded attack"
  10. "Target evaded attack"
  11. Wtf!??
  12. "Target evaded attack"
  13. Can't believe this is happening!!! :mad:
  14. "Target evaded attack"
  15. U ragequit.

Shit happens. :smoke:

Last edited:
Reason why I think TEA is included in lootcalculation is quite simple.
At LT event W of Argus, I tested this in a way. When there were many that
shot at same mob, and I got TEA at first shot, I stopped shooting.
When they looted the mob, I got loot. No damage done, but a interaction
with the object, and loot was payed out. :)
If anyone else is interested of this, please test this, and see if you get loot. :)

Based on the calculations I had while doing aakas instances (a bit easier to calculate dpp as damage doesnt count overkill), the # of evades had no effect on the end result DPP. It was pretty much always the same, very small range.

Back