Tax at LG

delcour

Provider
Society
BlackAngels HQ
mistress delcour libertine
As BAHQ who have dominated LG's for the last 18months or so, there has been a re-occurring problem that has had numerous support cases filed, at this point none have been answered with sufficient urgency or with any solution.

When a soc takes a land the tax is distributed between all members of that soc. However this is done in such a way that who gets what tax depends on time in soc not if you have been to the LG or even if you have logged into EU in the last year. This means that inactive players still get land tax. There is no way to kick anyone from your soc only suspend them but they still receive tax. Support seems unable to kick anyone from your soc so this goes on and on and on.

Would it not be easy to

1/ allow generals to kick ppl completely out of the soc
2/distribute tax equally throughout a soc no matter the time spent in the soc
3/or distribute tax to those actively taking part in the LG.

The tax system is flawed and seems to be on a very low priority for MA. Kimi has said this is going to be fixed and a more fair system is coming.

Can anyone give any idea how long this is going to take or if you are looking at it at all?

Thank you for your time

Del
BAHQ

thx del for making this tread, this is a big problem in soc and it creates alot of drama people feeling it is unfair they get 0,1% tax competing in lg and old players getting 3% that are inactiv and dont contribute.
There must be a way for ma to just set all tax as equal it cant be that hard.

I never knew this! It sounds very unfair and it is understandle that it creates drama. Not only should it be changed but MA should offer some kind of soc setting that determines how the taxes are distributed based on a couple of different models. That way the soc can choose what sounds most fair to them.

Last edited:
Why can't u kick people from soc? Assuming its because u have land then can't u just give up all land for a week, kick the slackers, then win the land back?

Why can't u kick people from soc? Assuming its because u have land then can't u just give up all land for a week, kick the slackers, then win the land back?

when you have soc shares, if you kick someone they will show as suspended, but they will still have their cut off soc shares.
So basicly, it solves nothing

Don't know what soc shares are :) I have no interest in LG but I'm just confused that if you don't have land you still can't kick people?

Are you saying that once you have won a single LA, even if you no longer have any LAs that your soc is forever altered so you're unable to full kick people? I guess that would piss you off.

Don't know what soc shares are :) I have no interest in LG but I'm just confused that if you don't have land you still can't kick people?

Are you saying that once you have won a single LA, even if you no longer have any LAs that your soc is forever altered so you're unable to full kick people? I guess that would piss you off.

Basically..yes that is how it is.

That is very unfair! That said... I am extremely lazy, never do pvp, hardly ever login once a year, and don't bother with soc activities.... where do I signup and buy 1 share?!! ;)

I would really like to see what MA has to says about this in public forum.
personally to me it looks easy to change this, but might be wrong.

Thx del for a good post, hopefully MA will get more seriously now

LG tax share work like a shit, not many ppl know how it works, but those who know, say its not easy. I had support case battle with MA about inactives with shares and overall tax share inside soc, when i was general in Death.

1) players with % can't be kicked, only can be demoted to suspended status
2) about 1.5 - 2 years ago, tax share did reset when society don't have any lands, now - there is no reset when soc drop all lands (bug?)
3) MA say, that they have problem with kick players manual if soc hold land, so they suggest to drop all and reply support
4) we did like MA support says, dropped lands, didn't hold any for 1 month, but MA change nothing so we go back to old formation

At all, MA don't care about thing wich touch not many ppl, i can understand, ok - 1-2% of game comunity cary about pvp, less about lg, but i hope when we put problem from support case to public forum, we can get any public statement from MA - what they gonna do with that? Problem won't solve by itself, it just make ppl more pissed on LG than before.

I know this is not a good solution, but you could make a new soc with almost? same name and have all the active join there. As an alternative to kicking, just leave them behind.

we did it like 4 times already, but it doesn't solve problem - MA should tell us last word and fix it

Is it not a conundrum?

On one side you have inactive players unfairly receiving tax revenue.
On the OTHER side, you might have Soc Leaders prematurely kicking contributing members prior to receiving their agreed upon tax revenue.

Good luck with the solution. :scratch2:

seems unfair a little... but not really. work within the system...

have all society mates that want to be in lg create a new temporary society just before the landgrab. that way only those participating get the profit... ?

Might be part of the social networking part of the game Mindark is trying to encourage through this way of doing things... encourages mixing things up and society hopping more, etc.

I know this is not a good solution, but you could make a new soc with almost? same name and have all the active join there. As an alternative to kicking, just leave them behind.

we have done that like 4 times, there are dead BA socs floating around everywhere.....lost but not forgotten ;)

the described situation indeed is unfair, and not intuitive at all.

imho MA should distribute LG taxes to the soc members who were at the LA during the LG (be it as shooter, decoy or mob trainer etc.). or the soc could make an ongoing poll (like with soc leadership) towards "even distribution to every soc member" vs. "even distribution to every LG participant".

Wasn't aware of soc shares, however this whole fkd up situation is of no surprise. Hope MA sort it for you guys, don't hold your breath though!

This should be fixed in case I'm in BAHQ in future :laugh:

I think programmers can easily reuse (share loot) code for solving that problem.

Unfortunatly its not a BAHQ only problem.
Any soc that held LAs will have soc shares.
Its kind of bad when it comes to soc management, that the leader can do so few about it.

There were plenty of different socs having the chance to hold a LA so far and the most numerous "Silly Underground Family" (If im correct) is the top 100 most numerous with welll over 100 members.
If they want to manage and get the soc clean when it comes to inactive players without further notice (RL problems for example, and even the worse and never expected, someone passing away like it happened with me in a previous soc).

So I believe MA should give some priority to such a "simple" thing to do compared to others.

The "Suspended" rank is no longer necessary when there are LG's every 30-45 days. Or at least make suspended members autokicked after 45 days. I would just get rid of it though, I don't think there will be any mass kicking of members in an LG soc to "steal" taxes for < 45 days, and if there was it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

this is the current reply i get from support

2013-02-26 14:29 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi delcour,

Thank you for contacting us. Currently this is being discussed by our team but still there's no official answer as to how will this be handled. Let me see if I can inquiry the team for more information regarding this subject.

Kind regards,
Cameron | Planet Calypso Support

Not really an answer

Del

Back