Team Portugal - WOF 2008

its starting to look like 'halfassesness' maybe they're secret weapon -leave you opponents guessing until its to late for them to organize irl round wow LOL ;)

That's not the idea, kygon.

I hope our captain will contact you again soon.
If it can be of any help, at this moment our preferred time slots are:

- Saturday 0:00hrs
(this was already transmitted to you, but unfortunately it's not Scotland's preferred choice)

- Sunday 11:00hrs

This is all I know, but it's up to our captain to decide and discuss it with you guys.

Exec, get your ass over here fast !!

its starting to look like 'halfassesness' maybe they're secret weapon -leave you opponents guessing until its to late for them to organize irl round wow LOL ;)

You are a bit nervous take it easy ok :silly2:

That's not the idea, kygon.

I hope our captain will contact you again soon.
If it can be of any help, at this moment our preferred time slots are:

- Saturday 0:00hrs
(this was already transmitted to you, but unfortunately it's not Scotland's preferred choice)

- Sunday 11:00hrs

This is all I know, but it's up to our captain to decide and discuss it with you guys.

Exec, get your ass over here fast !!

as scotlands cap I responded to your captain 5 days ago to tell him that both those times are no go for our team, I proposed 17:00 sat as at the time of his pm it was your second choice , I assumed since it was your and our 2nd choice it would have been ok, but we are still waiting can only assume this delay is tactics.

You are a bit nervous take it easy ok :silly2:

I have loads of ppl asking when they need to free up time, my response for almost a week is 'don't know still waiting' I'm not nervous I'm anoyed at unnessesary messing about lol

Portugal, could you please agree to one of the following times:

13:00 Saturday

or

21:00 Saturday.

These are all that is left from Scotland's offered 3 times, all other suitable slots have been filled.

Hurrikane

Portugal, could you please agree to one of the following times:

13:00 Saturday

or

21:00 Saturday.

These are all that is left from Scotland's offered 3 times, all other suitable slots have been filled.

Hurrikane

So Scotland can't play on Friday wich was our first option, we cant play on Saturday.

Rule as I see it is that each team has to provide 3 times when they can play their match.

One of those times is bound to coincide with one of the other team's choices (coz there are only 5 slots available).

So I would assume that if you can't provide 3 times you are in a rather vulnerable position and must give way to the team playing by the rules?

Rule as I see it is that each team has to provide 3 times when they can play their match.

One of those times is bound to coincide with one of the other team's choices (coz there are only 5 slots available).

So I would assume that if you can't provide 3 times you are in a rather vulnerable position and must give way to the team playing by the rules?

6 days ago Portugal sent me times they're second pick was the same as our second, I agreed to hunt on 17:00 sat then i assumed since this was both our second pick that there would be no issue, but they refused to respond and that time got filled up, I feel waiting until our only common time was unavailable was a tacticle move to ensure we have we weakest possible team!

its not as if we even want our 1st pick-we just want ANY of our picks :(

hurrikane please clarify rules here

I didn't know that there was no word in portugese for comprimise lol ;) (incase anyone can't tell by the wink and LOL that was a joke!)

Last edited:
So Scotland can't play on Friday wich was our first option, we cant play on Saturday.

You are evading the question. You have been given two times to hunt at. please choose one.

You have two times, eight hours apart, 12 people to make a team of 4, and you cannot field a decent team at either of those?

FYI, the saturday times left are not ideal for us either, and no matter which of the two you pick, we will likley be short handed...

a still waiting and time is running out type bump

Last edited:
Reactions: Pip
Team Portugal/Team Scotland:

As you have trouble finding a suitable time for your match, can you please suggest ANY times you both are able to field a team? The match must take place this weekend. I am prepared to judge anytime EXCEPT later than the 11:00 on Sunday. I am extending the already flexible schedule (last round I had to judge 12 teams at once when no back-up times were given) to cope with 24 avatars not being able to decide on a time 8 of them can be there together. This won't happen in the later stages. Slots are likely to remain the same, please plan ahead.

Hurrikane

Team Portugal/Team Scotland:

As you have trouble finding a suitable time for your match, can you please suggest ANY times you both are able to field a team? The match must take place this weekend. I am prepared to judge anytime EXCEPT later than the 11:00 on Sunday. I am extending the already flexible schedule (last round I had to judge 12 teams at once when no back-up times were given) to cope with 24 avatars not being able to decide on a time 8 of them can be there together. This won't happen in the later stages. Slots are likely to remain the same, please plan ahead.

Hurrikane

Thanks, Hurr.

TEAM PORTUGAL!

We have been given an opportunity to select a new time. This is a rare opportunity I would never have expected and,honestly, I think is unfair to the other teams who actually made efforts to comply with some very easy rules about scheduling. You should be held to the same standards everyone else is. If you can only hunt at one time, that is YOUR problem. That is why we have teams of 12 so that you can field a team of 4 to hunt at several times. If you chose 12 people that cannot yield at least 4 people to hunt at several tiems during the WOF, then that is YOUR problem.

Saturday 0000 is right out. Get over it.

You have a span of about 36 hours from which to pick more times. PLEASE respond to Kygon and get a time. If you fail to work with him to pick a time, we will select the time for the hunt without you and we may or may not tell you when that is ;)

Saturday 0000 is right out. Get over it.

and these are also out (yes I can read you minds lol )

sat 1:00
sat 2:00
sat 3:00
sat 4:00
sat 5:00
sat 6:00
sat 7:00
sat 8:00

pm me times ASAP, we know your scared to face us but common :laugh:

can you please suggest ANY times you both are able to field a team?

so

our times are any between 09:00 sat and 23:00 sat, i find it hard to believe a team that proposed 17:00 sat as 2nd pick suddenly has no hunters avail at anytime on sat.

Last edited:
Emphatic *BUMP*

Portugal this is starting to edge past annoying and approaching downright rude. You do realize that there are real people, with real lives, with other commitments that need to be juggled to make this happen?

Why the silent treatment?

Why no response?

Are you going to have to forfiet and are afraid to admit it?

We can play on Saturday 00h00 and Sunday 11h00 is that dificult to understand,, thats 2 options !

under these circumstances I would like the right in this selection to use the inital times that were submitted from team Portagal to me via PM (these can be verified by 711 I guess) on 6th march

please note that we had planned to hunt 17:00 with you. I dont feel that a team should be able to back out of a time just because they find out that a team 'likes' that time

Executioner said:
Hi Kygon

We would prefer 00h00 (Friday to Saturday)
Secondary Saturday at 17h00
and backup Sunday at 11h00

Thanks!

Executioner - Team Portugal

I think since your second selection is now an available option I think you should be bound to this.

I cannot see any arguments that should allow you to no longer have your second pick (since you lead us to believe it was a valid time and we arranged IRL around this time accordingly)

I would like Hurrikane's response to this ASAP

Last edited:
Waiting for response from other team mates

I just want your two great teams to meet in a fair match and see who wins.

To make sure this happens, I'm setting a time-slot which evidently is on both of your lists of 3 preferred ones, either posted or by pm; 17:00 Saturday.
This slot already has 3 teams competing but 1 more won't be too much trouble.

There should be no argument here; when 2 teams each state 3 preferred slots, and one of them matches, then that is the obvious slot to choose. There are a lot of matches to organise and there is no time for uncertainty.

See you at the start.

Hurrikane

Thank you for letting us play in a fully booked time-slot Hurrikane, very appreciated. :)

As this was both of our 2nd choices at the start had things gone a bit quicker we could have got it there and then and none of this arguing would have kicked off. Regardles, I'm just glad it's resolved.

Cya all 17:00 Sat.

Waiting for response from other team mates

Too late. This has all the weight of "the check is in the mail".

1700 Saturday....thank you!

I can now plan the rest of my weekend.

See you at 1700 on Saturday, Portugal.

*Hugs*

-Frigid

See you saturday 17:00. Great, we have the time we both wanted + i can drink/party all i want friday night.
commitment: compromisso.
Back to EU...

Exec, about the names displayed in page 1, jinx and raimei forfeited from wof.

Last edited:
just to let you all know, i was trying to get deposits working trough paynova, but somehow, 30€ got lost, they got out of my bank account and never reached my paynova wallet... been all week trying to solve this with paynova support, hope they fix this in time to get on next hunt...getting pissed with this thing :mad:

just to let you all know, i was trying to get deposits working trough paynova, but somehow, 30€ got lost, they got out of my bank account and never reached my paynova wallet... been all week trying to solve this with paynova support, hope they fix this in time to get on next hunt...getting pissed with this thing :mad:

Hmmm..Paynova bonked me two weeks agao, so I just create "limited" credit cards from my real card and use those,

It's like my banks didn't want to talk to paynova...both of them...

Mathayus, it's been like 3-4 months u're having this problem.. time to get a CC yet?

I'm having issues with this since near end of January..
Too many things stopping me from getting a true cc, or else i would have asked for one some time ago..
Might start sounding like a bunch of bad excuses for something, but i can asure that its not the case.

In case i don't make it tomorrow, good luck, and beat those scotties.

Boa sorte ;)

Both of our teams are seriously under-strength, and we both know it.

Good luck to you Portugal, and consider it a kinda dirty tactic by my flatmate to keep me up for like 36 hours now. She is from Lisbon and so are her friends. I think I got set-up. A good night is usually followed by a rough morning - I'm just not sure when that morning is going to happen. Spaced right now, match in a few hours.

Lets see how things go. :)

Great round for Portugal :wtg:

GL for the last round Scotland,, scores were close :D

Back