Team "XXX" (S,3)?

Aliana

Old Alpha
Society
Ubers-In-Training
Aliana Hermes
So Team "XXX" just killed a Merry Mayhem Araneatrox for an amount I didn't pay attention to in category S,3.

Huh?

How did that happen? Is there an avatar named Team "XXX" I've never seen before? Did someone find a glitch in the system? We're we able to bring support into solo categories and most of us didn't know it? Anyone have any insight?

Hugs,
Aliana

Maybe just a person who was part of a team entered solo instance, or was added to team after he entered... :scratch2:

imag0685.jpg

probably someone who was in a team and entered solo, by himself. it will still global as teamname.

Some say he sleeps up-side down and that he eats cats for breakfast... all we know is that hes part of the XXX-team

He shouldnt be aloud to enter a solo category in a team. It says solo for a reason!

probably someone who was in a team and entered solo, by himself. it will still global as teamname.

So the solo instance will let someone in who's part of a team? We know that for certain? Does that mean that, as crazy as it would be, someone who is not in a team can enter into the team instance? That doesn't seem to be as well planned out as it could be.

He shouldnt be aloud to enter a solo category in a team. It says solo for a reason!

Solo only means others can not join you in there.

Nothing to do with team settings.

for example:
  • You can enter feff cave (solo) while in a team, but no one else can join you
  • You need to be in a team to do beacon runs

Mayhem is no diff.

Apparently it happened in a team instance but the mob was one of those. If that is possible, maybe S ones can end up in T too.

Of course it's allowed.
Just, if you are in a team, and enter a solo instance, you'll be alone, if others try to follow, they'll get their own instances.
And this is most probably just what happened.

Apparently it happened in a team instance but the mob was one of those. If that is possible, maybe S ones can end up in T too.

Actually, there's a whole list of globals for S,3 for that team name on Entropia Life. There's also, what looks like, some team from yesterday named Mayhem 2012 in the S,3 list. With as volatile as this community can be, I find it strange that MA would let team names show up in a solo event. Guess the programming for that was more than they wanted to fuss with? Then again, the wording with the mission broker is pretty messed up and confusing for MM too. Anyone notice the same wording about the difference in the events between Team and Solo read the same? Maybe it's me, but I read everything. Clicked between the two missions several times because the wording for the Solo mission states that it is a team setting and that choosing the other mission would give solo. Then the team description reads the exact same thing.

So the solo instance will let someone in who's part of a team?
[*]You can enter feff cave (solo) while in a team, but no one else can join you

Ah, yes, that's the simplest explanation. Indeed, I had several globals in the feff cave recorded as a team because forgot to exit the team before going to the cave :). Knowing MA, they surely didn't bothered to adjust it for MM.

I don't think it matters if your on a team or not when in solo or in team, your points you get in either one go to the individual anyways, but when you enter a solo it is just 1 person. Even if you have a team formed each key used puts you in your own solo instance. Where people in a team entering a team instance will enter the same instance up to 12 people max.

I seen that a few days ago also and had to ask and it was explained and made sense.

Easy shit. Some ubers "hiding" their names. Thats the reason they do this,

Son of a ...

On first i thought this was some bug some1 could exploit by going solo as team and get it countign as team points, but it seems don't work this way, so its just a way for ppl to hide theyr names.

They could have chipped out then chipped back in.

I don't think it would be economically worth it with the boatload of chips it would take these days to dummy down what constitutes and uber these days to compete in Category 3. At least what would be considered an uber in my impression. I'm close enough that with natural skilling it's quite reasonable to believe I'll be falling into category 4 next year and, believe me, I certainly feel very far from reaching anything that could even be mistaken as uber. lol

Some say he sleeps up-side down and that he eats cats for breakfast... all we know is that hes part of the XXX-team

I hope someone else got this as well. Kinda funny tbh. :laugh:

I don't think it would be economically worth it with the boatload of chips it would take these days to dummy down what constitutes and uber these days to compete in Category 3. At least what would be considered an uber in my impression. I'm close enough that with natural skilling it's quite reasonable to believe I'll be falling into category 4 next year and, believe me, I certainly feel very far from reaching anything that could even be mistaken as uber. lol

They could just as easily be ubers in training. :silly:

They could just as easily be ubers in training. :silly:

lol. If that were the case, I would probably know considering 5 of the UIT I know in real life and three of those five are in my house. :laugh:

Back