Technical issue

m0rr0w

Mature
Hi I just downloaded the game for the first time and let me say it took forever. I logged in and it started to boot then it kicked me out to my desktop. So I tried again and it did the same thing. I checked to see if I meet all the requirements and I meet everyone except for the video card. I am trying to use a dell notebook and I don't think there is anyway to upgrade my video card on this notebook. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not it is the video card causing my problems and if so is there anyway to get around this problem.

if your video card isn't supported you are pretty much SOL.

m0rr0w said:
Hi I just downloaded the game for the first time and let me say it took forever. I logged in and it started to boot then it kicked me out to my desktop. So I tried again and it did the same thing. I checked to see if I meet all the requirements and I meet everyone except for the video card. I am trying to use a dell notebook and I don't think there is anyway to upgrade my video card on this notebook. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not it is the video card causing my problems and if so is there anyway to get around this problem.

Its your Video card. Intel GFX cards can't handle PE.

I don't beleive you can do much about it. Maybe post your laptops Model number and I'll have a look if you can upgrade to a better card.

I do have my doubts tho.

I play on a Dell Laptop 8600 quite nicely. What model is yours?

My IBM T42 plays as smooth as a desktop. Donate the dell to your local school and get a real laptop.

Ok so i just changed my settings to the lowest like reduced visual effects and 16 bit color and I tried it again and this time it let me in but I was almost totally invisible lol. Then 2 minutes later boom CRASHES lol I guess my laptop is a piece of crap.

I have a similar problem on my 'ultra portable' laptop, which has an Intel based graphics adapter. It does sorta work if you keep trying and your avatar isn't in a built up area, but it crashes all the time.

Unfortunately you need a reasonable connection speed and a pretty good 3D gfx card.

m0rr0w said:
LoL you got a nice ass dell i only got a inspiron 700m

Well m8, it looks like your s* out of luck on this one. The specs (here) show that laptop has an Intel855GME graphics card which won't run PE. You'll have to use another computer with a better graphics card.

G/L,
-Husker

Back