technical stuff...

underthecushion

Hatchling
Alright, I've got a problem. First off, I'm not even a n00b yet, as I can't enter the universe. I downloaded the client and got an account, but when I try to log in, it says the network is down for maintenance. Except, it isn't really, or at least the news doesn't say so.

Also, my system doesn't meet the requirements. Before I un- and re-install the client, I was wondering if not meeting the Memory and Driver requirements will permanently keep me from logging in. Anyone know? I just don't want to download the whole thing again if I'll never be able to log in...it takes WAY too long to wait for if it won't work anyway!

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Sry but u can't play if u dont meet all of the system requirments. I had the same problem with my graphics card but I needed a new one anyway.

alot of these problems are firewall related do you use any software firewalls like norton??, if so this could be the root of your problem

Indeed.

I got that same message when my wireless connection was not working on my laptop because it needed to be "repaired".

It's probably acting like you have no internet because your firewall is blocking it from connecting.

rotten ice said:
alot of these problems are firewall related do you use any software firewalls like norton??, if so this could be the root of your problem

Norton works fine with PE/EU. I have contancted support about this and now PE/EU is in Norton's "allow" list after support contacted Norton!

I think you must update the graphics card drivers OR get a new card.

When i couldnt play it was graphics card related.

Depends on which vid card you have. I have personally run PE/EU on a GeForce2 card at work even though the driver didn't pass muster on the system test. Although i wouldn't want to do anything like hunting with that vid card though.

The message your getting may not be hardware dependent. It might have more to do with the game communicating with the server.

My notebook wouldn't run PE/EU properly either due the older vid card (also not ATI or Nvidia chip base) however, it would start the game and crash due to graphics overload (yes still crash despite enabling/disabling options for older video cards).

Good Luck. :computer:

Back