Teleport Naming Rights

Lorfat

Stalker
Society
Dark Knights
Fatacuida Lorfat Lorfat
Hello everyone,

One of the prizes I won for my participation in the 2012 Merry Mayhem, was the 'Item Naming Rights - Teleporter', as announced on Feb 15th, on this thread here.

Before trying to come up with a name for the teleport, I wanted to know a little bit about its location (so that the name I'd select would have something to do with the place, for example). So I've sent a Support Case on March 3rd addressing this concern.

After 8 months of waiting, I finally got a reply to my support case... and this is their answer:

'The developing team has just let me know that the Teleporter you can rename is the one in Timbesha.'

So.., the prize is actually more of an 'Item REnaming rights' kinda thing.
(for some reason I thought I would be naming a NEW teleport.. Silly me!) :p

Anyways.. I will claim my prize!

However, for those of you who are already used to the current 'Timbesha' name and probably would prefer this to be kept unchanged, I would like to 'compensate' you for all the trouble (including upcoming necessary editing of all the entropedias out there), by giving you the opportunity to come here with your own Teleport ReNaming suggestions.

I will consider all suggestions you might post here, and will then communicate my favourite!

Regarding timing, my idea is to give a name to Planet Calypso by Next Monday!

So, don't be shy and post here your Teleport Name suggestion as soon as you possibly can!

Thanks! :cool:

EDIT

Rules: The TP name cannot be offensive in any way!

Q&A
Q: How do you feel about your ava name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
A: I don't require my ava name to be part of the TP name. Like any other suggestion posted here, a 'creative' naming that includes my ava name will certainly be considered, but will not hold any advantage over other suggestions.

Q: How do you feel about your soc name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
A: My soc name can be part of the TP name!

Q:Would you like a funny name? If so, what kind of sense of humor do you have? Dark? Light? Dirty?
A: I like funny names, and my sense of humor is not limited to one single type! HOWEVER, I find it hard to believe that a funny name would remain funny forever. Considering the fact that the TP will always be there, I would imagine the 'advantage' of a funny name to be lost with time, so this is probably not the best bet but... surprise me!

Q: Would you like a name descriptive of the surrounding area?
A: This has been on my mind from the start, but it is not mandatory!

Last edited:
Timbesha MK.2 Lorfat Edition

Lorfat The King of Timbesha

There are some Boorum near there, right? How about Private Parts? :laugh:

Only 8 months of waiting...

I would call it "Premature" in support's honor :lolup:

Very cool thing to do. :thumbup:

Couple questions:

• How do you feel about your ava name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
  • How do you feel about your soc name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
  • Would you like a funny name? If so, what kind of sense of humor do you have? Dark? Light? Dirty?
  • Would you like a name descriptive of the surrounding area?

I think this (and maybe any other input you have that I didn't mention) will help folks really dial into the type of names you are hoping for.

Lorfat Loud

Thanks all for the suggestions made so far!! This is going to be a tough thing to decide, if you guys keep this pace! :cool:

This:
Very cool thing to do. :thumbup:

Couple questions:

• How do you feel about your ava name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
  • How do you feel about your soc name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
  • Would you like a funny name? If so, what kind of sense of humor do you have? Dark? Light? Dirty?
  • Would you like a name descriptive of the surrounding area?

I think this (and maybe any other input you have that I didn't mention) will help folks really dial into the type of names you are hoping for.

These are all very relevant questions, indeed! :wise: Thanks!
I didn't mention any rules in my initial post, as I would not like to put limitations to what people might have as a suggestion! Having that said, I agree that answering these questions does help! So, here goes:

Q: How do you feel about your ava name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
A: I don't require my ava name to be part of the TP name. Like any other suggestion posted here, a 'creative' naming that includes my ava name will certainly be considered, but will not hold any advantage over other suggestions.

Q: How do you feel about your soc name being part of the TP name? Or do you not really care about that?
A: My soc name can be part of the TP name!

Q:Would you like a funny name? If so, what kind of sense of humor do you have? Dark? Light? Dirty?
A: I like funny names, and my sense of humor is not limited to one single type! HOWEVER, I find it hard to believe that a funny name would remain funny forever. Considering the fact that the TP will always be there, I would imagine the 'advantage' of a funny name to be lost with time, so this is probably not the best bet but... surprise me!

Q: Would you like a name descriptive of the surrounding area?
A: This has been on my mind from the start, but it is not mandatory (specially after I open this to all kinds of suggestions).

I will add this Q&A to the opening post, and mention also that the single rule I impose, is for the name not to be offensive in any way!

Thanks again!

Keep those suggestions coming! :cool:

"Lorfat's 8 months late @ Timbesha"

"Lorfat's late rendezvous @ Timbesha"

"Dark Knights of Timbesha"

"Timbesha" why change something that isn't broke :)

"Lorfats Brain Scrambly Doodah"

perfect name...

Microdot Majere's BFTP

:)

seriously though...

Lorfat's Vantage

How about "Hi Meat Fart Slob"

Anagram of Lorfat+Timbesha :)

Ff

Lorfat's Prize

:) Just name it what it is " Lorfat's Prize", players will wonder who is this Lorfat and what amazing thing did he do to earn such an incredible prize! :wise:

As a longstanding and high skilled player, as well as being the event prize winner, I think that you deserve to have your name commemorated and that it would be appropriate for it to be included in the TP name.

Given this and the geography of the area, I suggest Lorfat's Peak.

PS Please please please don't choose anything to do with Boorum bits :D

Last edited:
As a longstanding and high skilled player, as well as being the event winner, I think that you deserve to have our name commemorated and that it would be appropriate for it to be included in the TP name.

Given this and the geography of the area, I suggest Lorfat's Peak.

PS Please please please don't choose anything to do with Boorum bits :D

lol nice one, best one so far I think :thumbup:

and would agree, Lorfat should appear in tp name because it's part of calypsos history.

The following won't work if MA in a later release changes the landscape to, for instance, a dense jungle:

- Fatacuida Hill
(Lotfat's Peak that Oleg suggested would also work, maybe even better)
- Lorfat's Lookout

As for the soc it's tougher, maybe something like
- Dark Knight Wood

Name I retract before suggesting it:
- The Schlongs

A totally different option, in one way breaking vu10 history on the other hand reviving vu9's, would be to call it Palm's Corner (and hope MA would try to make it into a small city/village). (I think though I'd prefer to have palms corner closer to the current palms corner.)

Though, especially by offering us to suggest new names and even without his name, I think he's a worthy winner to have the TP named after him.

Last edited:
Lorfat's Flats?

nah, that's too geographical too...

Lorfat's Place
Lorfat's Space?
Lorfat's Land?

1 more question.

Did they give a max. length limitation or any other limits that we should know about?

You should name it "I dunno".

- Where do you want to go?
- I dunno.
- Ok, let's go.
- Wait, what? :scratch2:

Similar ideas: "Nowhere", "Home", "There", "To", "Teleporter"

- Have you been to there?
- Where?
- There.
- Explain yourself!

- Where are you going?
- Nowhere.
- Ok....?

- Let's go to to.
- I beg your pardon?

Last edited:
Memory Hole

or

Lorfat's Leak

^_°

1 more question.

Did they give a max. length limitation or any other limits that we should know about?
if no length, here's a suggestion...
Lorfat's Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Honorificabilitudinitatibus is the dative and ablative plural of the mediaeval Latin word honorificabilitudinitas, which can be translated as "the state of being able to achieve honours". It is mentioned by the character Costard in Act V, Scene I of William Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost.[1][broken citation] As it appears only once in Shakespeare's works, it is a hapax legomenon in the Shakespeare canon. It is also the longest word in the English language featuring alternating consonants and vowels.[2]

Maybe a bit boring but.. Lorfat's Landing??

Regards/Flash

Name it ~~ Lorfat ~~ or something along the line. I hate to have the first tp in the list not to have an auction, storage whatever service center. Fucked up BIG time

Back