Texture & Color Enhancers?

StatikNode

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Chris Statik Andrews
I see texture and color enhancers every so often in stores while browsing through malls, and I don't have much of an idea as to how they work. Does it automatically increase the paint/texture strength to the maximum, regardless of how much or little colors you use? If I was to put 1 green can into the Colorator, and 1 enhancer, would it automatically increase the paint to its' strongest level?

I am aware that the enhancers only have an effect when using on materials that you have a SIB with. Maybe this would be a great thing to use with black paints then :D

And on a final note, I checked on Entropedia for the source of these enhancers, and all that it stated was 'Coloring.' Does this mean that these are only received after having colored/textured an item, in the loot window?

If I'm asking too many questions, don't flame me. I'm just really interested in these enhancers, and am curious to find out exactly what they do.

Those enhancers show up in your loot window when you are applying textures or colouring an item - you can then use them when doing future items.

It is my understanding, that should you wish to apply a colour or texture that maybe you are not quite skilled enough yet to do, the enhancers will help you acheive the optimal look - notice I said help you... they do not auto boost to the max. Also, you can add several enhancers at the same time.

I have only used them once or twice playing around with them, but this is my understanding of how they work.

Last edited:
Thanks Zan, that really helps out. I was wondering where they came from anyways. I'll look into these if I ever plan on going into Black paint skilling.

There are two kinds of enhancers - pigment one which you loot while coloring and textures one, which you loot applying textures. Both do the same thing:
if you want to apply a color/texture you are not maxed they help you max it.

You need 10 enhancers per level...so Im lv 44 colorer and want to do a field of cornsilk (which is maxed at lv 51) I will need 70 pigment enhancers ---> 10 per each level I need to have it maxed.

Does it automatically increase the paint/texture strength to the maximum, regardless of how much or little colors you use? If I was to put 1 green can into the Colorator, and 1 enhancer, would it automatically increase the paint to its' strongest level?

Yes, but you need to have the correct amount of them, less will mean less success and more, well more enhancers doesn't help either.
So if you put one paint can and one enhancer in a colorator it will not do anything.

I am aware that the enhancers only have an effect when using on materials that you have a SIB with. Maybe this would be a great thing to use with black paints then :D

You can use them on things you don't have SIB. That is the whole point of them - if you could only use them on paints you have SIB on then no one could do high lv paints like black (which at lv 44 colourer needs 360 pigment enhancers)

And on a final note, I checked on Entropedia for the source of these enhancers, and all that it stated was 'Coloring.' Does this mean that these are only received after having colored/textured an item, in the loot window?

Yes, but not very often, thats why the high markup on them.

Hope that helped :)

Thanks Zan, that really helps out. I was wondering where they came from anyways. I'll look into these if I ever plan on going into Black paint skilling.

he's not the the real zan, zan is Zan Zan Zan ! ;)

Last edited:
Yes, but not very often, thats why the high markup on them.

Hope that helped :)

Oh yes! Thank you so much! I understand it a lot more now. I haven't looted any yet, and I'm lvl 3 or 4 in coloring. I think that goes pretty in-depth :) Thanks Summer.

he's not the the real zan, zan is Zan Zan Zan ! ;)

Garci is the master of :spam:, because Spam is :spam::spam::spam:

Last edited:
Ahh, I've heard about and briefly read up on enhancers, but never really
worked with them yet. I'm still fairly new to colouring, but seeing as I intend
to primarily focus on the colouring profession, I imagine it won't be long before
I'm fooling around with em.

My problem is budget, and when I see a high markup, it makes me wary to spend
on something I know little about. This thread was quite informative though.

Back