Thank God for 10/10 maxed (L) guns WTF MA???

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
This joke of a company never ceases to amaze me.... KH400 which I maxed out FOREVER ago.... Nice hit rate eh?

miss.jpg

Lemme guess.... DYNAMICS right? More like THEFT as far as I'm concerned! :mad:

I had a streak with 4 misses with opalo the other day :yay:

and then one hit and two more misses before going back to normal :silly2:

Nothing is short term in this game mate, its proven over and over again that your hitrate is around 90% in the long run. aka around 2-3k shots.

unless your hunts are very very small... this is not a problem for you.

chill...

Yes it suckes big time. They wont use to use wurdless enhangers to fix this problem a bit i gues

After posting the above I zipped back out.

First Mob and.... what a surprise! :yay:

miss2.jpg

I may as well use the most un-eco UL weapon in-game.... probably would end up being the same dmg/pec! :mad:

Hit rate matches up with my return rate.... what a co-incidence! 10k PED lost in the last 10 days.

My current record is 5 consecutive misses then 1 hit and 2 more misses...
Miss on 7 of 8 shots.

Like every cycle based system in this game the misses seem to cluster.

The worst part of the above scenario... it happened during a Feff hunt...
on a FAUCERVERIX YOUNG! :laugh:

JEHU

It is all self-correcting in the long run, don't worry.
CH are a nice example of that in both dmg dealt or received.

This post is a FAIL!

It is a classic case of assumption and not testing. Who cannot grab a screen of a chatbox looking like that. You just refuse to show the 20+ hits in a row when they show.

using un L non SIB
5 miss in row max ha 5,2
6 miss in 12 shots max ha 6,7

best results using LMB
RMB miss more
auto use miss most

such miss on 10/10 L is:eek:

agreed and to op should run Entropia Tracker it now has a built in calculator that shows your hit/miss rate and other stats. You'll find in the end the results even out even though on some mobs u will miss a lot and on some you may hardly ever miss.

Nothing is short term in this game mate, its proven over and over again that your hitrate is around 90% in the long run. aka around 2-3k shots.

unless your hunts are very very small... this is not a problem for you.

chill...

Try killing Merp Young or Daikiba Young with a weapon that your hit rate is 10/10 and lowest damage it does would kill either one with one shot.

Do 1,000 of them then let me know what your hit rate is. :(

Average miss rate on each one seems to be about 2 misses for every 3 shots.

Tell me that would not piss you off since one shot would kill it???:mad:

Also noticed that the final kill shot or cut if using melee has a 50/50 chance to be a miss while doing my 1,000 Argo!!:scratch2::confused:

I did a test a while back and the miss rate is still at about 10% on average hunts. That you just see a miss better now does not make you have more of them.

That you still miss 10% when you have a 10/10 or have your gun at point blank range is a bit weird, but it hasn't changed from what it used to be, so noting new there.

Dude, if you're gonna spend $1000 every ten days on something you don't like why not hand it to me and I'll throw poo at your windows.

In fact, I'll do it for half:)

Hurrikane

... and the worst part is that you miss while the mob stands right in front of you! I mean... how realistic is this? You have a gun and you shoot something big standing half meter away from you! My granny would have shoot it right in the eye! :scratch2:

Seriously now... this sucks big time especially with weapons that you maxed long time ago!

GPA

How many shots you think you fire in any given year? A lot.

How much does the hit rate affect your performance? A little.

What are the chances of getting a string of misses at any time during the year? High.

What are the chances of it equalling out to reflect skills over a year? Also high.

Even the best coin-tossers get heads when they wanted tails sometimes.

Not a complaint I uphold.

Hurrikane

I think there's a problem with hit rates. My tests, which are not puny, show a hit rate of 89-90 percent. That isn't peanuts wasted considering we're supposed to see 92 percent. That translates to thousands of ped FAST, just shot straight into the wind.

Personal worst was NINE misses consecutively... on a mob that takes EIGHT shots to kill... It would upset me less if the hitrate didn't turn out so low after the facts. It doesn't even out to the numbers it should. I consistently got 90 percent max hit rate... Not even the occasional 93 percent to make up for it, was ALWAYS 89-90, sometimes nearing 91.

what does 10/10 REALLY means?:scratch2::scratch2:

means you will still miss 5 times in a roll in point blank vs. a massive mob *cough* Prot. :mad:

hum....

:confused::scratch2::confused::scratch2::confused::scratch2::confused::scratch2:

my record is 9 misses in a row from a maxed out sib weapon :confused:

I think there's a problem with hit rates. My tests, which are not puny, show a hit rate of 89-90 percent. That isn't peanuts wasted considering we're supposed to see 92 percent. That translates to thousands of ped FAST, just shot straight into the wind.

Personal worst was NINE misses consecutively... on a mob that takes EIGHT shots to kill... It would upset me less if the hitrate didn't turn out so low after the facts. It doesn't even out to the numbers it should. I consistently got 90 percent max hit rate... Not even the occasional 93 percent to make up for it, was ALWAYS 89-90, sometimes nearing 91.

Yep yep.

And every miss means some mob regen and mob regen is another shot (or even two more shots since there are jumps to the health regained).

90% hit means 10% ammo wasted...but add hp regen time and perhaps half again on top. 15% and ze decay company gets their pay with fewer pulls on the slot machine for the participant.

While I enjoy a good whine, it'd be nice to fire up the game without a sense of approaching doom.

Yes I have noticed this as well, but only since the "Miss" message is now appearing in chat. Previously, the misses were not advertised so it was not as apparent.

Cheers :beerchug:

Well two different things here. First off is why it's necessary to miss as much as it is. I think everyone would enjoy things more if the maxed hit rate was 98%, say, instead of 90%. That wouldn't be as dynamic though...

Second, i don't think it has been 92% for a long time, if ever. My tests before VU10 usually came out to be closer to 90-91 and there was a fair amount of margin for error.

will you be posting a screenshot of 30 hits in row? all testing/analysis of the the chat log shows the hit/miss ratios are in line with expectations, +/- 1%.

did i miss something:poke::nutkick::popcorn:

I always felt hey if I`m going to miss all the time with a (L) weapon I may as well just put a few PED on my UL weapon and hunt with that. Especially since I usually don`t have enough to buy a fresh (L) gun and still afford ammo. The way I see it I`m either going to lose or I`ll hit a hof and any PED lost on misses or whatever will be more than made up for. It`s a mind game.

hi Menace,

I'm curious as to what mob you were hunting when you got all those misses and also were you using any attachments on the korss at the time?

For anyone thinking somehow this means non sib is better for some reason, i remind u about damage, which is a bigger deal. You're not somehow better off by adding extra misses on top of it too.

My point was never that 92 percent was ok anyways, i don't see how anyone could read that out of what i said. My only point was that it seems lower than what we had established as the baseline for maxed. I don't think we should miss more than an occasional shot, i mean how many ppl can even miss from that range in rl... Hell, you're more dangerous accidentally firing ur gun in real life than u are at point blank here...

come on ladies, we are in entropia, where anything is possible. the chance of missing a shot @ 150m with a bravo and missing @ 3m is the same, I don't see the problem here, after all, its entropia, the logic is.... very... -_-

if the long run of missing a shot is 10%, then don't give me all that 10% in one chunk, I only need one more shot to finish the chirpy off, missing once means it already starting to run away.

missed the second time, oh no!! come back chirpy!!

3 times... 4 times...

thats it, bravo the chipry...

missed... -_-

it got away :(

Its a menace to use them... truely..

My point was never that 92 percent was ok anyways, i don't see how anyone could read that out of what i said. My only point was that it seems lower than what we had established as the baseline for maxed.

Sorry if i misunderstood. Who is "we" and when (and what) was established? The model for the system before was generally 80-92% or 80-90%. I've never seen anyone maintain that higher hit rates than that could be achieved consistently. As you seemed to be saying that the 90% max that seems to be more consistent with the current results people are getting is lower than it used to be, i assumed you thought it had been changed from 92%.

I agreed in the previous reply that 90% (or 92%) seems like an unnecessarily low "max". It leads to frustration. However, perceptions aside, it's not losing anybody PEDs because everybody has the same limitation and hence the loot is adjusted to that level of misses. If it was changed to a max of 95% or ever 99% (which i think would be a good idea), loot/dmg inflicted would decrease to compensate and it would all be the same...

One thing's for sure though: due to the way EU works, even if we had 99% hits when maxed, there would still be improbably high numbers of consecutive misses:

the dynamics we all love so much. ;)

Back