The 2nd Annual Merry Mine-mas on FOMA!

dHJIkwE.png

IIIIIIIT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!

Here in a few weeks, Merry Mine-mas is back!
For those who don't remember how it worked last year, here are the deets.

From Saturday the 16th until Monday the 18th, we will be opening up a competition for highest mining loot, both overall and several individual ores and energy matters on FOMA Asteroid! Simply go to FOMA, mine to your heart's content, and submit a screen shot of any big hits you get to this thread between the above dates. Screen shots must contain the date and time, so simply show your system tab. I will tally all the hits and draw random ore or energy matters from a hat. If you got the highest loot in the drawn resource, you win the corresponding prize associated with the drawing. And, of course, the winner of biggest overall gets this year's Yog Pet named Baelzebub! Level 10, ability unlocked! It's only a Yog, NOT a Yog Horror, but the novelty is something. Even if you already have one, think of others! This could be a nice Christmas gift to a friend or loved one! You can also win multiple prizes, like Best Iron Ore, Crude Oil, and Overall loot! Prizes TBD! This event is for beginners and experts alike!

So, let's review:
*Takes place on FOMA
*Screen Shots need to be submitted
*Has to be done between Dec 16th and 18th from 0:00 on the 16th to 23:59 on the 18th
*Prizes will be for several types of Ores and or Energy Matters as determined by a drawing
*Biggest overall loot gets a Yog (hatchling) level 10 with Excavation Speed Unlocked named Baelzebub (And, of course, he is a very good boy)
*Anyone can win more than one prize

I will be streaming the event from my friend's place for a few hours each day and will have updates. I myself will also be competing. On the last day's stream, I will announce the winners by drawing the resources from a hat and seeing who had the biggest of each. You don't necessarily have to global to win!! Just need the biggest.
Watch the stream at twitch.tv/fattyprophet

Have fun and Happy Holidays!

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Because it looks like the event might be pretty big this year, and there simply will not be the space to have every entrant mine on FOMA, I am opening the event up to be on more than just FOMA. The rule is now ANY INDOOR MINING. It can be on Hell. It can be in the Arkadia Underground or Arkadia Moon. It can be on Monria. As long as it is INDOORS, your entry qualifies. This opens things up A LOT. We might even get more participants.

See the above post for the other details about the event, which haven't changed, but this is what I've decided. I thought a long time and very hard about it, and seeing as how Mindark made mining a REALLY competitive job (and risky, too, considering you cannot know whether someone has mined where you are mining within the last hour), it necessitates this change.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks, everyone!
Catch me Mon, Wed, and Fridays on Twitch! twitch.tv/fattyprophet

Got a couple screenies from my friend Gauntlet FiveMaybeFour Wizard

sLxv7IC.png
Considerable Lysterium (30.00 PED)

LgD8Zxr.png
Ample Narcsarium (14.00 PED)

1nnxgRV.png
Punk Rock (14.00 PED)

Keep it up, guys!
Watch me later today at around 19:00 Server!

Got a few smaller big hits tonight. I'm sure they won't win, but it's worth a shot.

BlD6oMl.png
14.00 PED Sweet Stuff

MgyJ2Tg.png
35.00 PED Lytairian Dust

bS4NOHf.png
18.00 PED Durulium

L0StWP6.png
8.00 PED Force Nexus

OPBxJOk.png
8.00 PED Mai Tai Cocktail

CckCM1p.png
30.00 PED Ares Head

We'll be tallying everything tomorrow, guys! 0:00 Server on Monday (Sunday if you're in the USA)

Here are a few that Robert Heartbreak Hardcastle asked me to put up for him.

tHmHeU3.png
50.00 PED Narcanisum Stone

CZXEDTd.png
68.00 PED Alicenies Liquid

r7PFdo2.png
85.00 PED Crude Oil

MOjZHKO.png
63.00 PED Blausarium Stone

BKnGGEz.png
35.00 PED Melchi Water

WDoEQJu.png
40.00 PED Force nexus

Those are the numbers to beat, folks!

I will be looking at all of them tomorrow night!
Get those screenies in! Be sure you have the time and date in the screen shot! I will be verifying the globals in Entropia Life!

We will be tallying up the registrations here in a bit. If you still haven't submitted your screenshots, please do so now or you will not qualify. Announcing the winners on stream tonight at 3:00 GMT.

Last edited:
LET'S ANNOUNCE THE WINNERS! And I want to first and foremost thank the Donors who provided so many great prizes: Redletta, Vandalhand, and Trouser! All three of them stream, too, so check them out at twitch.tv/redletta_red, twitch.tv/vandalhand, and twitch.tv/wanlanman respectively!

The 3 x Ziplex Z5 Seekers (Donated by Redletta) go to
Robert Heartbreak Hardcastle

The Set of Female Gorgon UL Armor (Donated by Redletta) goes to
Gauntlet 4maybe5 Wizard

The Finder F-101 Set of 10 (Donated by Redletta) goes to

The Hermetic Ring, Adjusted (Donated by Vandalhand) goes to

The Aeglic Ring, Adjusted #1 (Donated by me) goes to
Gauntlet 4maybe5 Wizard

The Aeglic Ring, Adjusted #2 (Donated by me) goes to

The Terratech PH-3 UL Tree-cutter (Donated by Redletta) goes to

The Armatrix Suite of Level 10 Weapons (Donated by Trouser) goes to

And Finally, the grand prize of the Level 10 Yog Hatchling with Ability Unlocked and Activated (Donated by me and raised in part by Tenzin) goes to the best overall loot, which was
Robert Heartbreak Hardcastle!

So, as you can see, only two official entries this year, and Robert cleaned house.
Anyone could have won this year, if they just followed the rules. XD
I gave you all an extra day to submit your screenies, even.
The screenies are important. Although I could look at your Entropia Life, the screenshot cements it, and is way more fun.
Rules is rules.

Ok, everyone! Hope you had fun! I certainly did!
See you all at next year's Merry Mine-mas! I hope to be able to afford to give away a Yog Horror by then, but we'll see how next year treats me.

Peace on Earth and good will towards all!

Last edited:
Back