The Adventures of Kaine - 01. Rewind Time

Marcus Kaine

Alpha
Society
Calypso Desert Rangers
Marcus Kaine
ooOOooOOooo I just found a new (to me) forum feature. Guess I'd better start making entries of my adventures then.

I'll start with a recap of what I've been up to from when I started playing EU up until the present.

According to my activation email, I was born in PA on 21 September, 2008.

From memory, someone, can't remember who, when I first landed, asked if I needed help. I replied with something along the lines of, "No thanks, just browsing" (one of my generic inbred responses to that question). So for the next half hour, I wandered around aimlessly in PA trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to be doing in this game. I finally decided that research was required, logged out, and Google'd till my fingers bled.

Can't remember exactly when the next time I logged back in, but by that time that I did, I had horded a small wealth of information gathered from many sites, the primary one being this here forum with which I now was a member of. So off I went into the virtual world of EU armed with a primary goal (and a cup of coffee with choccy bickkes) of finding a mentor for the kick-start I required.

Materializing out of thin air next to the TP inPA where I had last logged off, I stood for a moment to gather in the atmosphere, the people around me, their names, and the conversation going on in the small chat window to see if I could spot someone that stood out of the crowd, a person worthy of teaching a total newbie. I slowly walked of so as not to attract too much attention, recalling my steps back to where I had first landed. Using my hours... days... of research, I walked into the welcome hall and had a look around, taking my time to read and touch everything I could see. I made my way round to the LZ, and browsed the kiosks there. I noticed there was someone else there, not another newb by the clothes he was wearing, not of the ragged jump suit I started in. Not taking much more notice, I wondered back through and out to the other side of the welcome hall.

Exiting the hall, I glanced down to the chat window, which had been void of white text since I left the PA square, I notice the words "Hi Marcus", turning around with eyebrows lifted to see who had mentioned my avatars name, and there was that dude who had been standing in the LZ, I replied to his greeting with a "Hi". A conversation ensued involving details of current status from both parties, starting options were laid out for me as I asked questions, I asked about a mentor and how to acquire one, he offered the service, I considered and accepted. Mission One complete.

I had hours left to play, and a small amount of money I had come prepared to spend, and soon found myself with full Pixie, an Opallo and ammo to boot, sweating and shooting small Daikiba around Swamp Camp. But, being the curious and adventurous type, I soon found myself wandering off into the country side exploring.

Since that day, (huh, will you look at that, exactly 2 months to the day I landed in that LZ) I have been on TP runs and gathered all TP's with a new friend from Sweden, attempted many attacks on mobs far to large for my level, found three spacecraft (all with only residue), found mining that gave me three more globals (all around the 50-56 PED mark), discovered all but a few TP's by myself on Amethera, been scammed for a measly 25 PED, found a great soc with great people, acquired now three sets or armor as of today (Pixie, Goblin, Shogun), looking for my third upgraded rifle, my second pistol, and rotating PEDs fairly efficiently with minimal loss. My current status is, sorry to say, a bit frugal as I wait patiently for the real life economy to correct itself so I can once again deposit, but hey, it gives me time to plan my next move, opportunity to buy cheaper upgrades, and to write to my blog...

Stay tuned for the next adventure of Kaine.

Back