The Battle For Power - Longu Edition (January)

All this talk about hails really should not even be an issue back when I first started participating in BFP alot more of the taxes were paid out so there was a lot more incentive to really try to be #1 etc (1-2K peds price really makes me want to compete etc).

Maybe its time to talk about an increase in Tax percent payout again but based on performance?

I would suggest adding a prize clause that would pay out based on on level of participation as well as current prize method. I would suggest something like for anyone who gets 50 or more globals during the event their prize will be 150% higher

So you could get a few lucky hofs and win migistrate but only get the current payout if you have less then 50 globals. Or someone could have a bad month not able to global over 100 peds but they have 50 globals so they get 50% more prize.

I think something like this would really get me interested in competing again, would be nice to fight for magistrate again.

Prizes for December's Government

Dinfred Dino Clevor: 182.40 PED
kilbikas saunajumal kipsi: 71.57 PED
Thierry Rag Of Grimbergen: 71.03 PED
Roy Roy Tyrell: 43.78 PED
Nik Eor Skan: 40.70 PED
Hedores Hedaya Cassapaya: 33.16 PED
Devon Deeveon Knight: 27.90 PED
Tyrone Cobra77 Wonder: 25.62 PED
Dorlune Dor Themage: 25.40 PED
EON: 25.24 PED
Sungam Sun Nosskire: 23.17 PED
Smoerble + friends: 22.70 PED

We can only arrange meetings on Friday this week, so there will be two meetings on the same day:

• Friday 8 January, 1900
  • Friday 8 January, 2300

We might be able to do another meeting on Saturday and Sunday if people have problems, but I'm not sure if we can do this at the moment.

Ya but like lynn said, how can you reward things like this scenario: I decided to give this a try and went out first thing and hit a 60 ped global(yay) then i got excited and went went full force into longu and then around 500 ped later if i do more hunting this month I have purchased a 60 ped global for 500 ped so do you all now feel i have put in my fair share to the pool or am i credited for 10 ped rounds and a quick global. Its just hard to give effort a price at this point. Am I done now cuse im out of ped lol hell no just till next deposit cuase im no leaving it out there i hope :). Im also now into armax another 200 ped cuase of the same thing so well now for me its just time to hunt more. Sorry if anyone feels like the system is being taken advantage of.
PS already talked 2 new folks i met just out hunting into trying next month also :)
How ever i do like this discussion because it brings out inventive minds!

Thanks "Cozmoz the newb"

i'm not a regular partcipant of the longu event, but i try to get in the government of the armax LA for the past 6-7 months. In all that time i didn't see any problems in the hailsystem. It's not used that much, mostly to fill up a few places, or to get a few extra points. But it's a nice way to talk with other participants.

I personally don't see any problem in people trying to become part of the government if there are not enough paticipants for that month. When you start with this free event you know you can win 8, 2.5 or 1 % + a little extra taxes for your effort based in your ranking. I don't think that we should count on extra % outside these prices.

If you find that people, who are in the government because of only 1 hail point, are stealing your prices you might think about the following.
In the past it happened that there were not 13 winners, and Oleg devided the 'lost' shares amongst the other participants, but he didn't have to do that. After all you get already a share of the tax according to your ranking. So if for example 8 people participate in a month there are 5 shares of 1 % lost, these 5% of taxes don't have to go to participants of the month as no one won them, we are just lucky enough that we get the prices :) if now people get in the government with only one hail point and like the prices the might take part in the next month so this system gives you some publicity to earn more taxes next month ;)

If you really hate it if people do it you should take the advise i've already heared here and ask friends to join the event so they can be part of the government with one global (it's even possible to team up with them :))

but reading the conversation about this it made me think ... and i would like to suggest not to have a minimum amount of hail points needed (i'm not against that but tbh i don't care about it) but rather a maximum ... i don't know about someone taking abuse of the system but with a lot of friends it can be possible to be magistrate with only hailpoints as everyone can hail everyone every day of the month ...

About the comment from popfuzz, there is actually 10% for grabs for people who global a lot. for these extra 10% that is devided, all your globals of that month count. So if someone can get 50 globals there should be a big part of these 10% for that person.

happy hunting everyone :)

The difference is that, at present, if there are, say, 3 unfilled government places with 2 days to go, the participants can encourage their friends to fill those places, which boosts the total tax revenue, so it is an advantage to them if they are also a member of the government.

With your suggestion, it would be better for the current participants to keep quiet about it, keep the government places unfilled, and therefore get more taxes for themself.

I see what you are saying, and it's a good point that I overlooked. It's not the hail system that I have so much of an issue with, but rather I think the rules are flawed when the top prize can drop to the 180 PED that Dino is getting for last month. That just isn't incentive enough for most of my friends to come hunt here no matter how much I advertise. Because like me, many of them pick what to hunt based on return on investment. As such, we avoid taxed LAs unless there is a good chance of reccovering the tax somehow, such as an event like this or the mob drops high markup stuff.

Many of my firiends can turnover 10, 20, 40k or more in a month when they set their mind to it. For example, a few of them did the 50 globals in 30 days = 500 PED event that took place at that Atrax LA. You can imagine how many PEDs they turned over to get those 50 globals on Atrax. I think one of my soc mates did it for 3 months straight before he got sick of atrax.

So, if you all don't like the shrink/expand the government idea (by way of eliminating hails as a way to get onto the government), then maybe what's needed is a one time - let's get this party re-started after SGA - bonus for the top spot of something like 1k ped and 250 for 2nd & 3rd. 1.5k PED added into the prize pool to give incentive for people to return to the event and do something more than the bare minimum to get onto the government.

Or perhaps have those as the guaranteed minimums for the top 3 spots. I know I would put a lot more time on the LA, like I did in months past, if I was certain that I was competing for at least 1k PED for top spot. Being a competitive person, if I come up short and only place 2nd or 3rd, then I know it's still worth it for the fun of the competition. Some of the most fun I've had in-game has been the battles with angelo, dorlune, sherwood and a few others in this event. What's the possibility of doing something like that?

And here's another idea to attract the more casual hunters. How about a bonus for any uber loot? 100 PED bonus for a 1-5k HoF, 500 PED bonus for a 5-10k HoF and 1k PED for a 10k+ HoF/ATH. I don't mine much so I tend to forget about that profession, but something similar for the miners as well. On second thought, I hate it when miners mob train me so forget the miners. :)

Number 2, hope theres more for me

my 4th for the month :yay:

Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung

#1 63 PEDs

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

1% share for 2 points
2% share for 353 points
:scratch2:
remove that hail :bs: and divide the share to the ppl that hunt or mine on that LA

1% share for 2 points
2% share for 353 points
:scratch2:
remove that hail :bs: and divide the share to the ppl that hunt or mine on that LA

Sorry, but I will take that hail point after over 1200 ped hunting and more mining with no globals last month so there :silly2:

Last edited:
Sorry, but I will take that hail point after over 1200 ped hunting and more mining with no globals last month so there :silly2:

Still waiting for Morgaine to tell me when I can meet her & get my 2 hail points.

Still waiting for Morgaine to tell me when I can meet her & get my 2 hail points.

First off: my name is Moraine. 2nd off: I didn't respond cause I figured you were being sarcastic.

I tell you what.....if there is still a seat available for 2 hail points on the last day I will set up a meeting with you. No point in wasting either of our time if 2 points isn't enough to qualify. :coffee:

First off: my name is Moraine. 2nd off: I didn't respond cause I figured you were being sarcastic.

I tell you what.....if there is still a seat available for 2 hail points on the last day I will set up a meeting with you. No point in wasting either of our time if 2 points isn't enough to qualify. :coffee:

Sorry about the name, had Morgaine on the brain cuz I keep seeing her at Tukar.

Dorlune, hope you don't mind your wife & I having a date on the 31st. I promise to have her home by midnight. :)

GoNi is back!
After a long time (several month) of inactivity I will be back in next month competition.
To the discussion about the hail qualifications:
The rule is ok for me. If the members of the magistrate are to lazy to ask their friends hunting at Longu Kingdom to fill government places with globals instead hail points its the governments failure.
So stop crying.
Some have qualified by hails nothing wrong with that, they just where smart enough to spent some time looking around for some people they can hail :)

Don´t change the rules, this competition is working fine for many many month now, no need to change something.

#2 92 PEDs

#3 207 PEDs

Note: I don't hail, and has no complain at all. I hope that you can earn a lot of points by hailing ^__^ , you are just wasting your time by telling that we should change the rule.

Rules are rules, if you don't like, you don't need to participate in this game. When you participate in the game, you need to follow and try to make use of any rule to win the game. So please stop discussing about the hailing system.

Last edited:
77 Ped:

Total:
58+56+70+56+77= 317

-Monk

3 more for me :)

56 ped, 64 ped, & 95 ped

80 Ped:

Total week 1:
58+56+70+56+77+80= 397

-Monk

76 peds

total: 69+76=145

Scores

Week 1 Results

1. Moraine Lynn Troskald: 774 points
2. Yay spreadit Monk: 398 points
3. Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung: 362 points
4. Alex Lan Mojave: 130 points
5. givendale chevrons skelton: 112 points
6. Cozmoz CD Deluex: 111 points
7. fred griffey cheese: 70 points
8. Lisa Liz Castillo: 69 points

Current Overall Scores

1. Moraine Lynn Troskald: 774 points
2. Yay spreadit Monk: 398 points
3. Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung: 362 points
4. Lisa Liz Castillo: 145 points
5. Alex Lan Mojave: 130 points
6. givendale chevrons skelton: 112 points
7. Cozmoz CD Deluex: 111 points
8. fred griffey cheese: 70 points

Grats to Lynn, you win the first 50 PED prize of the year :)

Hey Lynn, I am after your crown lol :wtg:

57 ped
102 ped

Hey Dorlune, at this moment its still MY crown:)

-monk

Last edited:
2 more :wtg:

52 ped

87 ped

Hey Dorlune, at this moment its still MY crown

-monk
You are correct sir , my mistake, forgive me your greatness :bowdown:

LOL, Dor & Monk......It will be my crown at the end of the month, :p

as well as the armax one.....cause I'm greedy, lol

but hey.....have fun trying to beat me, lol

Moraine

SATURDAY LONGU HUNT EVENT :handgun:

Saturday January 23rd at 21:00 EU time (4:00 p.m. EST)

Highest single loot wins, top 3 places are paid.

Just 1 good global could win.

FIRST ----- 250 PED
SECOND --- 150 PED
THIRD ----- 100 PED

15 ped per ticket (available at Land Marker in our favorite Longu land :wtg:)

ALL globals also count for Battle for Power too, just remember to take your screen shot :woot:

See you there

Back