The Black Gallery

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Greetings to all of you !

After some time of traveling the lands of Calypso to see what this planet has to offer i learned to love the fauna and flora of the planet.
Then there was pc content added to our universe and I thought by myself how nice it would be to have some closeviews of the things i encountered in my own appartment. That got me started to make pictures and videos of the world.
Now my first appartment is full of it and i would like to share this experience with you :)
Please be invited to visit Chikara Ai Condos 4H in Sakura City to se some films of Atrox, Berycled, Hiryuu, Longu, Allophyl and Landscapes as well as some pictures.
The size of the displays ranges from Reon S / W / T up to X-Lite W and the size for the pictures goes up to gigantium sign.

If you happen to like my documentary films you will find a small collection already on a shopkeeper in the appartment. I have calculated as hard as my personal funds permit to keep this pc art affordable and i hope to receive some feedback from you if you think it is.
If you happen to already posess a fitting display i offer to upload the content to it for less then half of the upload fee i had to pay for the film.
As you can see you would pay more then twice as much if you put in the time to make the film by yourself, crop, cut, resize and upload it.

Requests on additional films can be put here or to my mail address Blackmerlin@web.de.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
John Black Knight

+rep for some very, very nice work on display here.
I thought the pictures looked great, with nice colours and they seem to capture the feel of the mob or location.
The moving pictures are fantastic - the wide one of the allos and water rippling is quite beautiful.
I went for a sticky-beak at the apartment, and I am glad I did. I hope you have many visitors and many customers. :)

Hello John,
I've seen your artistic work yesterday for the first time and I can say very good entropian ART work, all pictures are great, beautifull colours, artistic view, and videos too, original and I'm sure many PPl in Entropia would like it.

Come all too Sakura - Ai - 4H to see the Black gallery, and keep your weapon because when you are in this gallery it seams that you can find Atrox, berycled, and others mobs behind the sofa, take care !

:yay:

elfyne

*​

Last edited:
I´ve looked at the Gallery, and all i can say is "Wow". Really a good idea.:D

Keep up those good works. :yay:

Thanks for the nice feedback :)

For the future - would you prefer more videos with smaler animals that are moving around in an specific area or do you like the videos more with focus on 1 or some animals in fixed position ? (Taping them in fixed positions allows for larger animal sizes / Taping wandering animals needs in most cases larger displays since the reon ones are to small to allow enough detail)

I am already working on some new videos of Araneatrox, Armax, Eomon and Atrax. For the Armax and Atrax i already found some fitting locations that will give a nice background. The Eomons showed their willingness as actors in the ongoing event near Twin Peaks, but their incredible size makes it hard to get them full in detail so the videos will need some additional work before i am satisfied with them ;-)

That leaves the araneatrox - i already tested some of their locations listed on entropiadirectory but they either were not there or i didnt like the enviroment. If someone reading this knows a good fitting place for araneatrox please put the coords in here - Thanks in advance :)

One last point - if there is already a crafter out there that could make Megaview or Gigantium Displays please PM me with an calculated price - i would like to try some more detailed videos on them.

The Black Gallery is now showing a gigantium picture of the mighty Malcruentor as well.
More lights have been installed.
A pricing table has been mounted on the wall as well clearly showing Videos by resolution, upload fee and customer price.

Here are some screenshots of The Black Gallery.

showimage.php

showimage.php

showimage.php

To actually see the videos you will have to come and see for yourself :)

I am glad to announce that since yesterday Harry Hally Alliandes is hosting a small collection of The Black Gallery in PA mall 3th floor shop #04L :yay:

You will recognize the shop by the huge dragon (malcruentor) in the shopwindow.

The prices will be the same as in sakura city just the location should be more easy to reach for those in a hury :)

Special requests can be put via pm to John B Knight or/and Hally.

Dear all,

Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts will host most of my work in our
Native Wildlife Exhibition
starting on Thursday 2th August 20:00 MA time :yay:

Please visit this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77031
for further information.

Since nearly all my works will be at Bilton Tower 3 Appartment 5G when the exhibition starts The Black Gallery will be quite empty through this period of time.

Please be informed that the 'Win your Berycled !' event is still running till 3th of August - you can win your own Berycledvideo on Reon-S display.
For further information please visit the following thread
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76782

All the best

The exhibition at Ido's Gallery of Contemporary Arts is over and The Black Gallery is displaying again all current works.
Thank you Ido for the outstanding cooperation :)

The Back Gallery has now expanded and uses Appartments 4H and 4A in Chikara Ai Condos - Sakura City.

The official pricelist is out:

Dear visitors and customers,

i am glad to announce the official pricing table of JBK stills and videos.
These prices have been set with the intention to keep the value of
unlimited JBK artworks constant to assure our customers investment.

JBK pictures:
Equus, Exarosaur, Daikiba, Feffoid, Berycled, SakuraCity, Atrox, Atrox_from_below, 2Argonauts, Allophyl, Aurli, Kreltin, Daspletor, Areanatrox,
Malcruentor, Prancer, Cornoanterion, Caudatergus
are charged at 100ped content value each.

JBK videos: customer price - content
Atrox 200
Group of Atrox's 150
Group of Allophyl's 350
New Switzerland 120
Hiryuu 250
Longu 350
Berycled 400
Argonaut 100
Hogglo 500
All our videos are designed to look endless - creatures take the same position at the start and end of each video.

JBK collections:
PictureCollection9 (PC9) contains Argonaut, Cornoanterion, Caudatergus, Aurli, Allophyl, Daspletor, Atrox, Prancer, Kreltin in one frame (screen) - special offer 50% discount on this collection
VideoCollection6 (VC6) contains Hogglo, Argonaut, Berycled, Longu, Hiryuu, Atrox - special offer 50% discount on this multivideo

SpecialCollections can be put together on customer request.

The total customer price consists of TT value of the frame + markup of the frame + content customer price.
examples:
Reon-S display frame with Atrox video = 271 + 10 + 200 = 481 ped
Reon-S display frame with Argonaut video = 271 + 10 + 100 = 381 ped

Our sixpack !
Reon-S display frame with VC6 = 271 + 10 + (500 + 100 + 400 + 350 + 250 + 200) / 2 = 271 + 10 + 1800 / 2 = 1181 ped
You get 6 videos worth several k peds of upload fees for just below 1200ped and you can choose for yourself which ones you want to see and how often !
With the modify content button every customer can select any video attached to the display and choose its priority.
For example setting 5 videos of the frame to 0 priority and only one to prio1 will result in an endless played video. Or you can set priorites on each of the videos and they will come one after the other.
We give our highest discount of 50% since you are taking 6 at once with only one frame, so you can only watch them one after the other but safe itempoints in your appartment or shop.

Update (03.dec.2010) regarding Frame Markup: Since Markup has dropped nearly to zero for reon type frames i have removed it from the calculation of customer price for those types.

Kind regards
JBK

Last edited:
Dont forget to see the video on youtube

;)

Last edited:
Took me a while to find it - the tag words for youtube to find your video are:
'entropia universe gallery' the other words are no tag words and give when put in search no result.

Thanks for making the video while i was displaying my works at Ido's Gallery :)

Some of my works are now to be found on auction /housing/furniture as well.
Since there is no category in auction to separatly list signs & displays with content they are listed between all the other empty signs & displays.
But one can find them by checking for 90%+ TT value and a 'slightly' higher buyout then the empty ones ;)

Subscribing, ;)

Just been to the apartments and am most impressed. Would love the Atrox piccy but, as usual, the cost is too high for me to justify. I think it is a real shame that MA make it so expensive to create content as it stifles the market.
Great work on your part though and I can tgoroughly recommend the exhibition to everyone.

Intresting.

I'll pay a visit soon. :)

The Black Gallery now finally has its own shop in Deer Mall Floor 1 Shop 9 :yay:

Back