The Case of the Lost Katsuichi Determination

Slykry

Young
Scott Slykry
My friends, I seek your help. On March the 13th, my favorite weapon disappeared from my inventory. I had just used it in Twin Peaks during PvP action in the Octagon, as is my usual activity. I logged out, but when I came back in the game, it was gone and the icon for it on my action bar was gone as well. I had not traded it. I had not moved it out of my avatar to storage. No one has access to my account or password to my knowledge, and if they did, why not take everything? The sword simply vanished. I checked all inventory categories, and scrolled down :p. I am not an inexperienced player, the sword is gone. It does not show up in my inventory listing on MA's website.

When I sent in my support case. I got a one sentence reply 'We do not see that you have the sword in your inventory." DUH?!! I told you that MA, sheesh... I had this sword for 4 months and they want to act like they have no server records of it and that I never had it?

I need help, any and all suggestions greatly appreciated. Has this happened to anyone else? Did it happen to your on March 13? All input appreciated!!

the only issue ive ever had with items disappearing is that if your inventory count is too high some items will not appear till the amount is lowered. The only thing you could do is send another support case, tell them you know for a fact you had it and it disappeared, and ask them to check their logs to see what happened to it.

This may sound silly, but make sure that you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your weapons inventory screen. It may have dropped to there after repairs etc.

Ah, our little jumping figher lost his beloved toy :silly2: What a tragedy :D

A soc m8 of mine
lost his scope and lasers for a day or 2
they magically turned up
maybe if ur lucky this will happen for you also

may ou have got some global screenshoot with your sword in hand...
include them into the support case (a link, I mean)
:(

I thought this was an event to try and find it, as though it was a lost heirloom... but turns out to be real. :(

This may sound silly, but make sure that you scroll all the way down to the bottom of your weapons inventory screen. It may have dropped to there after repairs etc.

I thought this was an event to try and find it, as though it was a lost heirloom... but turns out to be real. :(

He says in the OP that he has already done this by checking the MA website items list.

My thoughts are that you have TT'd it by mistake. Probably due to the lag in Twin it has got into the TT completely by error. I find this happens a lot for example at CND in the Control Room, the lag in the TT is phomenal and I have come close to TT'ing the wrong stuff simply down to the lag. A friend of mine accidently TT'd 1500ped worth of (L) ore finder due to the lag @ CND.

However if you have TT'd it accidently, MA would have records of the transaction.

It's just my thoughts on the subject based on my experience, I may be wrong, but I do however hope that you get it back.

Once I "lost" a 5B armour plate at the repair terminal ...

re-logged, still not there.

checked the web-site and it was magically listed as in my storage, however I had not been to storage ... :scratch2:

Many good suggestions here, all of them have been thought of by me and checked on. The sword was never exposed to the tt, only the repair terminal. Its been 2 days and it has not showed up on MA's inventory list on their website or in my inventory.
What is most disturbing is the stupid repsonse from MA acting like they dont have the ability to check back on the server logs and find out that I had the sword for months and exactly what happened to it. Each item in this game MUST have an exact identifying number and they MUST be able to track every single action connected with it or they have no way to identify fraud/hacking.

It insults my intelligence for them to say they have no record of me having the sword.
Why must everyone threaten legal action just to get a competent person involved??

Many good suggestions here, all of them have been thought of by me and checked on. The sword was never exposed to the tt, only the repair terminal. Its been 2 days and it has not showed up on MA's inventory list on their website or in my inventory.
What is most disturbing is the stupid repsonse from MA acting like they dont have the ability to check back on the server logs and find out that I had the sword for months and exactly what happened to it. Each item in this game MUST have an exact identifying number and they MUST be able to track every single action connected with it or they have no way to identify fraud/hacking.

It insults my intelligence for them to say they have no record of me having the sword.
Why must everyone threaten legal action just to get a competent person involved??

I am afraid you could not expect a better answer from MA.
In another recent thread, I have read that they will search in their records only against a 100 PED fee... :(

Good luck with your search ;)

In another recent thread, I have read that they will search in their records only against a 100 PED fee... :(

I dont belive this is true.
Not when i needed them to look for my stuf atleast...

I dont belive this is true.
Not when i needed them to look for my stuf atleast...

Its true. If the report Is of something happened over 5 days ago. And It's 1000ped. Fair to me, unless Its something totally their fault.

Nope, you were right the first time. Nothing changed since we met last night. Slykry's situation, while similar, is not the same as my lost item. I know how mine got lost. His just disappeared.

I feel real bad for Slykry. His item is an inventory issue. The fact that his quickbar button disappeared indicates that it actually left his possession.

Sucks, man. Hope you find it.

keep sending support tickets to MA .. when they close one, open another until they take the time to check.

If you tt'd it ... then you might be out of luck.

my 2 pecs,
Jessie:girl:

I definitely did not tt it. I am not an inexperienced player. The item simple disappeared. No further response from MA other than their insulting one sentence reply from yesterday.

I definitely did not tt it. I am not an inexperienced player. The item simple disappeared. No further response from MA other than their insulting one sentence reply from yesterday.

send them more e-mails ... until they have a look.

Scotty, I do hope you'll get your sword back. Maybe it would help if you would send daily suppost cases to MA and get their attention and make them understand that you are not one of those big number of players that are not carefull with their stuff and jump to send a support case before they even check it right.
When I was having problems with a "certain society" harassing my members and sent support cases under "abuse" they answered when it was too late and already solved the situation myself. They answered after a week and a few days... Maybe they will finally decide to check the logs, just be persistent!

He says in the OP that he has already done this by checking the MA website items list.
Sorry, You are right - I should read his post more carefully.

Ontopic:
If this is common case many people with full inventory (like me) don't even notice their losts in ammo, loots and such until they loose their primary weapon or armor part etc. :(

Time to report that MA has returned a "sword" to me. I did get a response from them yesterday (Friday) apologizing for the first response they gave me and saying that they had checked the server logs and found that I had tted the sword with a frean alpha pistol and some BLP ammo. Now, this is more than a little hard to believe, since I never put the sword in the tt screen at any time, much less with those 2 items that i regularly tt. It would have instantly become obvious to me that I did not want to tt the sword. Its kind of like the old Sesame Street game where you sing .. One of these things, is not like the other, one of these things, is not the same, can you tell me which thing is not like the other, before I finish this game... :silly:
So, In my mind, it didnt happen that way, couldnt have happened that way...but, I got an apology from MA and a replacement sword...with 0.00 tt value of course :rolleyes:
But, its nice to know there is some level of competence there...and an apology.

Case Closed.

Back