Info: The Comprehensive History of Calypso

Stave

Deactivated Account
Last edited:
Long read, will do it another time but from quick peek seems very nice done job.
Thanks for sharing!

Nice work. I'm glad someone is stepping in to replace Unionova's old site.

The current puppetmasters seem to have tossed the legends and lore of Calypso into the trash heap. Because of that. or perhaps in spite of it, it's up to us to remember and preserve the history of the planet we love.

Nice work. I'm glad someone is stepping in to replace Unionova's old site.

The current puppetmasters seem to have tossed the legends and lore of Calypso into the trash heap. Because of that. or perhaps in spite of it, it's up to us to remember and preserve the history of the planet we love.

Just wait till you see what im planning to do with this compiled information ;)

Once again great work.

+rep

+ rep

Very nice read :)

+rep

Nice work.
I would like to see alongside a history from stories told by players. That will complete the view :)

+rep

Nice work.
I would like to see alongside a history from stories told by players. That will complete the view :)

Is there anywhere such storys have been collected tho?

Really nice effort made stave + rep to you.

If there are any illustrators in the Calypso community something like this might be well enhanced by some high quality illustrations depicting various aspects of these stages.

If there are any illustrators in the Calypso community something like this might be well enhanced by some high quality illustrations depicting various aspects of these stages.

Please note, this was primerially put together for a project im working on, and all i can say is it will address this and more once eventually complete.

Watch this space :)

Very nice story to read. Makes me feel very young, with a history that dates back that far :rolleyes:

Nice... but is this the history of Calypso or the History of FPC ? ;)

The old Project Entropia History was different.... see my sig...

Nice... but is this the history of Calypso or the History of FPC ? ;)

The old Project Entropia History was different.... see my sig...

As i said, this is both, all avalible pieces of calypso history put into one, Original story, fpc edition, EBN News and missions info :)

Think this info i just found would be a good addition to the comprehensive history of calypso?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010221162757/http://projectentropiahq.com/vessels.shtml

Corona Shuttlecrafts

The Corona SGT-47 is standard shuttlecraft powered by three class B1 fusion driven engines and equipped with an internal antigravity field generator system for full passenger comfort during space flights. In space the wings of the Corona are folded and aligned along the sides of the shuttle to allow easy passage through the Space Gates. The wings are only stretched out after planet fall to allow basic aerodynamic flight inside the atmosphere.

The Corona is designed for standard vertical landing and take-off using redirected jet streams from the powerful fusion drive but for safe and smooth landings pilots will rely on the automatic landing system at the shuttleport, which uses a large antigravity field generator in the landing platform. Corona Interstellar is the assigned space travel company that is transporting visitors and new settlers to Calypso from most of the main spaceports positioned in the sectors of the Federal Empire. The company's Corona shuttlecrafts fly regularly through the Space Gates, which grants all authorized citizens' public access to the colony on Calypso. The Corona shuttles are currently only landing at the shuttleport in the colonial capital of New Haven.

The Resurrection Ships

Due to the heavy losses of human life during the beginning of the first robot war on Calypso it urged the Federal Empire to give the settlers legal access to a new technological wonder that allowed humans to be resurrected after death.

The technology was combined with mobile and armed units called Resurrection Ships. In reality these ships are constructed as mobile teleportation units that are connected to a resurrection central were the memories and DNA for cloning are being stored. Upon finding a dead individual the ship makes an ID-scan on the victim and then teleports a clone with the latest updated memory from the individual to the same area of location. This also includes transferring any types of insured equipment that may have been lost by the individual at the moment of death. All resurrection ships have originally been constructed onboard the Exodus and was put into active service during the First Robot War. This makes these flying machines rather old and it's strongly reflected by their limited response pattern.

In order to allow these ships to slip past robot defenses and avoid battle they were made completely unmanned and automated. By following its original programming and ignoring any further input it could fool the old enemy robots in believing it was a harmless primitive machine. The Resurrection Ship is only programmed to patrol and scan a specific area at random patterns, to defend itself and resurrect dead humans. Several of these automated models are still in service to this date, patrolling the dangerous outskirts beyond human civilization.

Citizens are strongly advised not to provoke these allied vessels as they are programmed to defend themselves against any threat by use of lethal force. Even though the ship will most certainly resurrect human victims after death these situations are considered quite unnecessary and should be avoided. Consequently these ships have made some old war veterans on Calypso tell their age by the number of times they have been resurrected, not by how many earth years old they are.

The BEST Illustration would be a video by.. whom else? ;) Mc....... if you can't guess.. you haven't been here long enough but I for one would LOVE to see one by him as not only would it be hillarious.. it would be truthful too!

Imagines.... story line... incomplete across it MANY times.... imagine the word NERF used just as many....

*HINT*

+ rep Stave for taking the time to do that :)

The links in the first two posts are dead :( . I'd love to be able to read them sometime if its reposted somewhere :)

Links not working. Can someone post correct links please.

Thanks.

Back