The darkness

Phil Surtees

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Phil Hill Surtees
The day/night thing is ok, but it's not new, other games have had it long before.
It can make a fair nice landscape, if you are a tourist, or maybe taking a walk with your other.
But for a hunter it's a pain. I jack up my gamma to compensate, and it looks like crap, which totally defeats one of the objectives on CE2, i.e., wonderful graphics. And the fact that I can defeat it with gamma means it's not really a gameplay factor, just an annoyance.
So I ask MA to allow us to opt out of day/night cycle, like some other games do. I'm tired of jacking my gamma every 4 hours.

I thought nighttime would be cool .. but it leaves me squinting at my monitor a lot - and I have 20/20.

Well .. I did before CE2. :laugh:

i just log out if its night time i find it to hard to see the mobs in the distance to get the shot on them

so i log and come back a couple hours later if i am not doing something else

i like it keeps my peds on the ped card longer

a nice feature indeed

I truly do enjoy hunting in the night.
but i find that if i hunt the mobs out in the open where the moon light is then it is not so hard.
*and to be totally honest - I find it very challengeing - reminds me when i was younger and my dad would take me night hunting *

I must admit, sometimes it is very challenging, a bit like shooting a black cat in a coal cellar, but if you wait 15mins or so, it gets brighter.

I still prefer having the day/night cycle than the permanent day we had previously. It adds variation especially at sunrise / sunset. :)

maybe it will pave the way for new attachments like flashlights, infrared/ night vision goggles

I find turning the shadow effect off helps me see at night better.

it isn't that hard to see in the night in EU, atleast not on the computer I'm playing with

Night Owl

Personally, I love the night in EU. I actually try to spend my EU time at night - hunting, mining, or just putzing around. I'll even teleport to the West to chase the darkness :vampire:

(Also, that blinding day time sun is very harsh when all of my graphics (except Avatars) are set to Low.

night i can deal with, put a scope on fo a bit of added vision. its the sunset and sunrise thats all wrong with massively over exposed contrast so that you cant see things. ive found (and this works for night too) changing the shadows setting between high (day, full night) and medium (dusk/dawn) makes things better, but thats not really a proper solution is it?

Love the darkness. Shame about the tight trousers though.

!!!Dancing in the Dark!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

The day night cycle is the single greatest thing they have done to improve gameplay and interest particularly in hunting... Daytime should be toned down a little but the darkness of night and the variation in different places from moonlighted plains and deep pitch black parts of valleys give what you want in an on line experience... a challenge...

Got killed the other night in a picth black part of a valley Southwest of ERUS.... unable to locate the corndog before it gained the advantage... It was exciting to say the least... and what should happen in a deep dark valley at midnight...

Hunting in VU9 was absolutely boring... and repetitive... Now as the sun goes down it's hard to pick those faux and Atrax's in particular out of the landscape... and in first person... the hunt is on... to actually target your prey... and the landscape itself is just awsome at dusk and sunset...

:cool: very, very, very :cool:

In my opinion only wimpy non-hunters would want to option out

It should not be an option as it would create an unfair advantage and destroy the game by reversing back to VU9.

We have a day and night cycle real women adapt and accept the the challenge... others are just little scaredy cats afraid of the dark and probaly still sleep with their StarWars night lights on...

Last edited:
I want 5-10 min pure night, 20 min sunrise and 20 min sunset and 4 hours daybreak :)

Atm I log of when nights hits and no, I dont log back on a couple hours later cause Im busy with other stuff then

Day and night won't be fully used until weather is available. Which some older games already have. One MMORPG I've played had day,night and sometimes it was raining.

Night/Day cycles are awesome but night shouldnt steep you in complete darkness, irl your eyes adjust to the light settings, so shouldnt the game compensate for this as well. how about trying out a feature where you can always see a small distance around yourself like it was dusk, no matter the foliage or landscape, this would keep the night ambience but also allow grinders to continue to play at speed.

Actually what is killing my eyes if the daylight around segna and solfais. It is so fecking bright that i can't see nothing. I run around totally blind.

I enjoy the night a lot. but i mostly mine and the darkness help me see the claims :)

You can always change location when it gets dark somewhere, there are still other places (servers) where there is full day light, no need to log off for that :)

I only have difficulty seeing at night in certain areas, otherwise it is very cool actually. If you have difficulty hunting...use a scope, they act like night vision now

You can always change location when it gets dark somewhere, there are still other places (servers) where there is full day light, no need to log off for that :)

Yea - but without a tp chip - it's just easier to log out and wait. LoL.
I hate hitting T and praying I don't end up 203498 miles from a TP. :scared:

Back