The Day After

What will you do when log out is removed.

• I will use large SI ships like the Normandie

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will stop space travel

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I will take my chence in my quad

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • I'll never tell ;)

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You mean Mindark plans to work with every ISP in the world to force them all to guarantee that they will never, ever allow anyone worldwide to get disconnected from the internet? Whoo Hoo! ;)

I think the fear/idea is that MA would keep the avatar logged in even while your disconnected.
utterly ridiculous from a business standpoint of customer retention I would think.

You mean Mindark plans to work with every ISP in the world to force them all to guarantee that they will never, ever allow anyone worldwide to get disconnected from the internet? Whoo Hoo! ;)

Surely they would do like if your in a quad, when you log back in your still in same place of space where you logged out and die?

I agree with Bigdaddy trim. If logout is removed it will mean you are in space where you logged off next time you log in. Same as quad.

So the question is what will I do when log off is removed? Myself and friends will go pirate hunting. Finally we will be able to loot them because when pirates log off while in one of their pirate warpships they will be in space when they come back online. Of course myself and friends will not keep any of the loot - we are not in the pirate profession - we welcome suggestions for worthy causes to donate loot obtained from pirates.

So looking forward to when the pirates can't log off :yay:

The interior of every ms and privateer is on its own server. That is why, when you log off on a ship, you are still on it when you log back on because your avatar is on the ship server and not on one of the space servers. Saying that MA "will stop logoff in space" is total nonsense since an avatar in a ship is not "in" "space" at all.

An avatar in a quad of sliep is "in space" which is why, if you relog when in a quad or sliep, you spawn back on the space server but not in the vehicle.

Well since pirates are lame in the game im not afraid of traveling by quad.

Where is the option that the only thing that would be affected for me is skilling.:scratch2: When pilot/repair skilling I often log off on ship, but don't really need to other than that

Of course MA or any other game providor in the world cannot stop you from logging off.
Its what happens to your stackable items when you do that is the issue here.

Of course if this happens then as someone else noted the price of gold is going to skyrocket.

I doubt log out will be removed, but if you log out and log in you will be put at nearest space station of log out instead of logging back in on the MS if you are carrying loot. That is the most sane idea I have read about so far and probably the best to implement by MA. Lets face it they have to handle disconnects still and crashes and you can fake them pretty easily so what is the point of removing the log out button, it will not prove a thing. Even if they make your avatar persistently logged in you still have to be able to log back in, in the case of a crash and with the current system you can't, they have to fix that issue and that could lead to tons more bugs of people crashing and being logged in forever etc and soon there will be link dead ava's everywhere standing around doing nothing. There are lots of issues to consider about all solutions and no matter how they try to fix it there will be more issues then fixed I believe.

These are MA developers that are fixing the log out issue, they will fix it and in the end the bug will be twice the original bug with more bugs effecting stuff completely unrelated to what it was suppose to fix. Take for example their patch to fix the crash issue, everyone now crashes twice as much :D expect the same.

But in response to Zane's original post, I predict that the pirates will get as much loot off of me as always, nothing will change for me :p

Last edited:
I will fly with big industries pathfinder service, because it rocks.

it's not about stackables, it's about time which would be lost by flying with quad.

Can I vote 2 times.....pleeeease :tongue2:

What are your plans the day after Mothership log out is removed?

This is what happens Xane...

and the game then closes for everyone.. cause everyone runs to their basements to hide when Stagger drops the big one.. :laugh:

But Seriously, if this happens then I want missiles dammit... lots of them!

Benjamin Ben Ciyote (Callsign Coyote)
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

great idea, pirate making a post asking people how they will transfer their real money through lootable space

you forgot asking for amount, and time of departure xD

Worst case scenario i will tt all resources and you still won't get them.

And if they do remove logging off they should hold a contest for best exploiter too, should be called Merry Exploit. Grand prize: Unique Rambo Pulverizer.

Worst case scenario i will tt all resources and you still won't get them.

And if they do remove logging off they should hold a contest for best exploiter too, should be called Merry Exploit. Grand prize: Unique Rambo Pulverizer.

don't be sarcastic, you know very well that when they continue to exploit and steal real money from other players (which they will) then mindark will, after a few weeks/months, step in and make a post somewhere saying in a soft voice "don't do that. if you keep doing it you might eventually get a warning."

*edit*
/sarcasm off

I love you mindark, but you are just a tad too overseeing when it comes to people exploiting and causing other people to lose real money due to it.

Back