Info: The doorway into Crystalline Cavern doesn't work

aia

Marauder
A number of beginners are stuck in the room on the pillar, so they cannot move on to crystalline cavern (and thus they can't get their start gun to kill the 3 chompers).

My guess is that this is somehow connected to the space problems. Not sure how/why though...

My guess is that this is somehow connected to the space problems. Not sure how/why though...

Directly, I think. The old Gateway was located on space servers, so while flying in space you could see both Gateway's mission in the quest list (find the waiter, and find the teleport). Apparently the Alpha station is located there too.

But the crystalline cavern is part of Thule and Thule is located on Calypso servers, easy to see by having an active mission with a distance counter while entering Thule - the counter stays active, even if the marker points off the map. So the newbies can't switch from space servers to planet's, basically what happens with space travelers now.

Directly, I think. The old Gateway was located on space servers, so while flying in space you could see both Gateway's mission in the quest list.

The culprit seems to be the server(s) that holds the crystalline cave (a single player instance).

Maybe that instance is hosted on same servers as space servers, so when let's say 4 out of 5 space servers go down (as one of the messages is "currently unable to enter the area") it means that 4 out of 5 attempts to enter the cave will fail, and if more than one player is waiting then we get the problem they players waiting to move on start to block eachother.

After space is fixed, maybe the root of the problem that is there now is the thing that happened at west feffoid nest when they came out: There are, say, 5 people trapped in the same room, and all of them once in a while try the exit door. But as there are several people trying at same time the instance gets "deadlocked" and nooe gets in.

Maybe Kim needs to tell the developers to get to the room and fix the entrance the same way they did when they fixed the feffoid nest(s). Though, as this is new players eager to get into game and there is nothing really else to do in the cave, you can't tell them "go hunt some normal feffoids and come back in 3 hours".

Maybe an emergenciy fix would be to give them one handgun each and relocate them out of the room directly to the start base (they could always get help to do the cave later if they want to). At least relocate them to clear the cave maybe it works better if the room (read: door) isn't crowded when new people arrive.

Back