The effect of the removal of attributes rewards

When MA removes the attribute rewards I won't do the iron missiosn chains anymore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
attributes that barely do anything.

Removing them then sounds very odd to me. Why not add 10 or 20 attribute points if they mean so little? (no i don't want a reward increase like that :D )

For me stamina gains are a personal goal to increase over time. I'm glad it was also stated those will remain. Anyway if there is no true value (or tiny at best) to attributes why decrease or remove them from rewards?

Changing what the terms are and what you can or cannot do to work towards certain goals is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes it seems like you are having to use a down escalator to walk up to progress but the speed keeps getting tinkered with as well.

Its still a bummer to me that once I worked at being able to finally outpace an Atrox young. Yes yes.... dynamic :p

Ya all are funny. The title of this thread is misleading, nowhere does it say that attributes or skills will be removed, only adjusted. Keep on jumping to conclusions everybody, it makes you look smart. :rolleyes:

Ya all are funny. The title of this thread is misleading, nowhere does it say that attributes or skills will be removed, only adjusted. Keep on jumping to conclusions everybody, it makes you look smart. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry... Where exactly did it say that they would for sure NOT be removed?

Because, "adjusted" could mean... removed.

Removing them then sounds very odd to me. Why not add 10 or 20 attribute points if they mean so little? (no i don't want a reward increase like that :D )

For me stamina gains are a personal goal to increase over time. I'm glad it was also stated those will remain. Anyway if there is no true value (or tiny at best) to attributes why decrease or remove them from rewards?

I think this is a common misunderstanding of what Charlie posted... what he probably meant to say was that "attributes barely do anything compared to skills when it comes to increasing professions"... at least that is how the context makes it seem

I think this is a common misunderstanding of what Charlie posted... what he probably meant to say was that "attributes barely do anything compared to skills when it comes to increasing professions"... at least that is how the context makes it seem

Exactly.

We know what attributes do. We know their contribution towards professions, we know their contribution towards HP, and we know at least roughly how they affect carrying weight and running speed. I don't understand the outrage, Charlie has just said something we all knew already anyway. They don't do nothing, but they're not massive game-changers.

All Charlie has effectively told us is that there isn't any mega-secret massive impact of attributes that nobody had ever discovered. Well, duh.

Ho-hum.

Another massive and collective freakout based on incomplete knowledge, poor reading comprehension, and a relentless desire to see everything in the worst possible light.

There are many reasons for doing some missions, and many reasons for not doing others, which vary from person to person. When mission rewards are adjusted things will change, with some for the better, some for the worse. Some people will benefit and some will get shorted (sorry, screwed is a bit too harsh based on Charlie's posts).

I voted NO, but it doesn't mean I don't like attribute gains, or even that I have never done a mission to get them (I have), but skills area a much bigger incentive in my book for doing long and difficult mission chains.

Glad I haven't finished a lot of those 5k Fragment missions - I win :D

:beerchug:

Miles

I for one never did missions due to attributes only the skills gave the incentive. I honestly don't care if I never break 100 in any attribute for that matter. As my expectation of this was already lowered. Skill rewards helped me unlock 3 skills this year, medicine, avoidance & martial arts.

I aim for
Agility 80-90
Intelligence 80
Psyche 80
Strenght 80
Stamina 20ish.

~Mark~

We have stated several times that attribute rewards will still be available under the new mission reward guidelines, so I find the topic of this thread to be very misleading and needlessly alarmist.

We have stated several times that attribute rewards will still be available under the new mission reward guidelines, so I find the topic of this thread to be very misleading and needlessly alarmist.

Yes you have said that many times sir... but the question raised was:

Will the end mission kill of 10000 Mobs still = +1 Stamina for all missions? Or will we see a rippling effect of most of these rewards ripped out such as the Traskeron and Puny mission that reward no Stamina at the end (so I won't do them).

~Danimal

As long as they keep giving Novas for killing 5k mobs, I'll still do iron missions.

feel free to give me your useless skills then.

i really dont follow this line of thought, if gaining skills was so worthless how come people have spent years and thousands of ped doing just that?

"might as well have brought the skills" because you lose on the mission? but you can sell those skills, you cant sell the attibutes. attributes are great (if you've already stopped gaining them normally) i just dont get the obsession with them over skills.

Sorry, you're right. It was unlucky phrasing from my side.

Of course, skills are far from useless, and maybe even more useful then attributes. But I look at it from the incentive point of view. To gain skill is easy. Just deposit and you're finished. To gain attributes is at higher levels nearly impossible.

Hence I rather have attributes as rewards then skills.

And to be honest, I think most of us think this way, or at least the planet partners do. Cuz I think they're complaining to MA that they want to have the same rewards on their planetss because otherwise people will do the Calypso missions first to get the attributes. I think it's all because of politics that MA has introduced this nerf. Same reward rights for every planet. (but this of course is just speculation from my side)

Last edited:

Exactly what we can say about the news report from bertha. Needlessly alarming.

If you say you will change, then prevent all this guessing by stating WHAT exactly you are changing.

How hard can that be?

:scratch2:

Hey

I would hardly consider half of EU moving to Cyrene a 'soft-launch'.

feel free to discuss :)
Naomi
half.. i more think 75% of all :)

lol its the tale of when ARK opened .... we will ALL move there and NEVER come back.
until we once again found out we got a half finished product.

lest see how many ppl come back this time cuz after all calypso is a working planet.

i also left for ARK when it opened cuz it sounded nice with the treasure hunting but left fast cuz it didnt for (and still dont).

if it arent done right it will go the same way for cyrene, ppl wont stay if it arent working.

And to be honest, I think most of us think this way
I for one do not. I want the skills to max a karma killer within half a decade at least, any longer is a pain imo. If larger skill rewards can help with this dilema instead of changing non sib to sib then great.

I for one do not. I want the skills to max a karma killer within half a decade at least, any longer is a pain imo. If larger skill rewards can help with this dilema instead of changing non sib to sib then great.

yeah, you're right.

looking at the poll result, I would say, more then half of us.

Back