The End of IE and the EU Launcher

The Stare

Provider
Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
Society
Freelancer
Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
Support for Internet Explorer ends shortly. The EU Launcher is built using its pieces & parts. Any links in the launcher won't open in anything but IE.

Seems to me it's due to break.

No way! They totally thought ahead, had a plan, thoroughly tested it and are sure to announce news about the new launcher in a timely maner! It'll come soon! Ofc its gonna be bug free too!

Tho to be fair, i had no idea IE would end its support. Whats MS using now? Edge only?

Browser choice hardcoded in the CL, I never understood that. Maybe they had a good reason back when they wrote it. June 15th is comming soon, we will see what happens when IE is removed in a comming windows update.

No way! They totally thought ahead, had a plan, thoroughly tested it and are sure to announce news about the new launcher in a timely maner! It'll come soon! Ofc its gonna be bug free too!

Tho to be fair, i had no idea IE would end its support. Whats MS using now? Edge only?
IE mode is available in Edge that will be supported till atleast 2029.

@ The stare: Thank you! not opening launcher will prevent players to realize TT Losses.
your request has been REALLY diverted to the competent department for immediate fixing

People use IE lol
The point is that nobody uses IE, not even MS. The only program I am aware of that forces you to use IE is the client launcher. I have even put bug reports in about that.

The point is that nobody uses IE, not even MS. The only program I am aware of that forces you to use IE is the client launcher. I have even put bug reports in about that.
I completely removed IE from my PC years ago, and haven't been able to open links since. Hopefully this will prompt a new resolution from MA. And hopefully that resolution isn't to hardcode a different browser.

I completely removed IE from my PC years ago, and haven't been able to open links since. Hopefully this will prompt a new resolution from MA. And hopefully that resolution isn't to hardcode a different browser.
It's safe to say that MA doesn't consider it broken until it breaks. AFAIK, nobody pays for the ads, so they aren't losing $$ or pissing people off.

Well, a couple of american governemnt websites, honeywell security doors systems, at least two types of firewalls I've encountered.
There is a lot of old stuff that only works with IE.

Well, a couple of american governemnt websites, honeywell security doors systems, at least two types of firewalls I've encountered.
There is a lot of old stuff that only works with IE.
Key words: "old stuff"

Might work with Edge using IE Mode - somehow...

Last edited:
Might work with Edge using IE Mode - somehow...
I seem to remember trying that and eventually gave up. It wasn't worth the effort.

pretty sure loader will work, just you will not be able to open links

Back