The Entropian - The Official Magazine of Project Entropia

pdf

why all you wait for the overpriced hardcopy?
MA, simply make a pdf for download and book the losses under advertising!
It looks like MA are not able to pay the publisher...

(comment: not my problem btw, I didn't ordered)

agreed,

MA should atleast say something, thats all people want in the end, so they are not guessing at everything.

If MA and the Publisher are in talks still then somehting is screwed. You never start a print job unless all specs are known, price is set and turnaround time is givin. After doing this for many years, im sorry, but someone really F*cked up bigg!! How can you say you will deliver something when you dont even have a deal set as to how to deliver it :O I could be wrong , but im guessing cause MA hasnt said anything. Ahh gotta love printing ;)

I love MA but damn, They do a good job at confusing people, and in their businees im not sure if its good cause noone can figure em out, or bad cause they upset the playerbase.

So is there any concrete ETA for this thing now all big issues have been solved?

When I ordered (despite what I thought was a ridiculous price for a magazine) it I hoped I would at least have it by christmas. Now, three months down the road (after it was announced with such big headlines and ads all over the place), and a month almost after christmas there have been fruitful talks. All very nice to know, but I want to know when I can expect the magazine.

Are we looking at February? March? June? 2007? Are we better off just asking MA to send us a goldcard instead of the mag? Should we just take Knuckles' advice and CRY MORE NOOB?

Nothing bad to you, Az, but I just want to know what we're dealing with here, and it would be nice to get someone from MA to make a comment here. THEY took the money, so THEY ought to keep us updated.

Hi.
Aziphirael ,the first magazine is delayed with the problems encountered between MA and the publisher.
My question is : Will the second magazine be delayed because of the first magazine's delay or will it keep its first date of publishing?
Good luck ,i think its an audacious initiative to make a magazine of PE and i wish you the best.

By the way,i am even more apprehending the actual publishing because if the content happens to be light regarding the delay and price........Good luck again :D

just seen this:

2006-01-01 MindArk Support:
Hi,
The first issue of The Entropian was shipped out on the 21th of December and should reach you soon if you yet have not received it.
/Regards
Support

original post on e-p

:rofl:

lmao, any fun reading it :laugh:

But really, did you actually -expect- to get the magazine any time soon? Really..? I am not even slightly surprised that it didn't show up yet.

I really wish they'd hurry...I'm runnin out of Shit Paper

bla i know it sucks guys but what happenes happens i'd rather it take more time and be good instead of them rushing it out and it sucking.

Of all ppl i should be the most worried since i'm moving end of March and well if it's not shiped by then i might just loose my entropian all togther unless i can figure out something else by then.

Over all though i'm not that worried no sense getting stressed out about it. It should be a nice surprise and i'm looking forward to reading it.

dammit, i wan a mag but didnt order for fear of this, pleae when ANYONE gets it post that you recieveed it here so i canorder mine :D

And you all know the morning when we have given up hope, and forgotten all about it a package will arrive on the door.

....just in time to give to the next generation players of PE :eek:

its getting kinda pathetic aint it ? i mean come on least give some good info we allready payed ffs

rotten ice said:
And you all know the morning when we have given up hope, and forgotten all about it a package will arrive on the door.

....just in time to give to the next generation players of PE :eek:

lmao, you are ROTTEN. :laugh:

Seriously though, did Nat really received that message from MA support that it shipped on Dec. 21th ? I am in California, so unless they shipped it via South Africa, I should have received my copy. Or Nat is really the only guy who received the First issue (the one and only) that MA shipped ?? :(

Yeh, taking a long time

if you look at the info of the item (the 10 or 210 ped mag ingame) it says when it goes down to 10 ped it has been shipped.... mine went down to 10ped a long time ago. I dont think I'm going to buy the next mag, why did they start selling them if they cant ship them to us?
(not trying to be a downer or anything)

Swim said:

Seriously though, did Nat really received that message from MA support that it shipped on Dec. 21th ? I am in California, so unless they shipped it via South Africa, I should have received my copy. Or Nat is really the only guy who received the First issue (the one and only) that MA shipped ?? :(

It hasn't been shipped yet.

MA support told someboy it was but they were still in talks with the publishers 2 weeks ago.

That was the whole joke of the thing.

Az will let us know when it's ready I guess, so just a case of sit and wait some more....

Still nothing official. I will actually be meeting the publishers tomorrow to sort through the magazine and work out what we have and haven't got. And we'll probably see an official annoucement on the PE website at some point over the cause of the week.

Swim said:

I am in California, so unless they shipped it via South Africa, I should have received my copy. :(

Wtf man???? My post from S.A. to England takes a week... what are you trying to say?

Hey Az are there any chance of actually getting acouple of pics for us to ponder over while we wait??

Not like the preview ones but an article that we could read just so that we can see that the purchase has been worth it :D.

I mean allthough we all moan about it I for one know I will be really excited the day it arrives (extra long bathroom trip ;) coming up )

So how about it just a little sneaky peak for us :) we need not tell MA

And if Marco your reading this *uhh hum* *In the style of the penguins from Madacascar* "you didnt read anything" :D

Well best get back to my work :mad: lots to do and not enough time to do it.

When they actualy ship the magazine isnt supose to the item become 10 pedder?

Im waiting for mine as well.. but still 210 peds..

OgiMini said:
When they actualy ship the magazine isnt supose to the item become 10 pedder?

Im waiting for mine as well.. but still 210 peds..

mine has been a 10 pedder for a while now, still no mag :/

From the CL:

Info about The Entropian 24 Jan 2006News on The Entropian – Why is the magazine late?

We write from MMM Publishing in London, the publishing company responsible for producing The Entropian. Many of you who have pre-ordered the magazine are now asking ‘why have I not yet had it?’ Rather than give you some cock and bull story about this and that, allow us to explain where things are at, and when you will get your magazine. It is fair to say we slightly jumped the gun on our expectations of when we could deliver the product we knew we wanted to deliver. That is to say, we are a professional publishing company, with very high standards, and we set ourselves a somewhat unrealistic timeframe in which to produce the first issue.

A magazine of this nature, which relies on a large degree of bespoke material, takes as much as six months to produce, not because we are slow, but because we want every single page to be perfect, to reflect the game, to enrich the players’ experience of the game, to make them feel proud of the game in which they spend so much time.

So why are we telling you all this? Because we want to produce the best PE magazine possible. Exciting, educational, inspirational, surprising – a magazine reflecting the dedication and passion put into the game by MindArk and the PE community. This, as anyone involved in publishing magazines will confirm, requires a lot of resources – resources which we ran a little too short of in the weeks leading up to the anticipated printing date.

MindArk is 100% committed to The Entropian, as is MMM Publishing. We are between us now pulling together the final bits and pieces to complete the magazine. The first issue will now ship on February 28th 2006. Allow us to reiterate a little information about the Entropian. It is a 68-page glossy magazine, perfect bound and dedicated purely to Project Entropia. It will not contain just a load of re-hashed forum topics and other stuff readily available on the web. What it will contain is page after page after page of specially written and illustrated news, stories, interviews, in-depth features and guides, all carefully designed and produced to enable you, the PE player, to get more out of your game play and more out of Project Entropia.

Pre-orders for issue 1 are still available, through the in-game auction system under Real World items. If you want to be a part of the future of PE, head for an auction terminal today and do the clicks. And plan to take a day off work in early March...

Please find below comments from players about other dedicated game magazines produced by MMM Publishing Ltd.

“I've just read through pretty much the whole thing and all I can say is... amazing. An extremely well-made magazine filled with interesting article after article. I'll definitely be getting the next issue, well done MMMP and co.”

“Absolutely gorgeous! Very impressed with the quality of the images and the journalism. I was a bit sceptical whether a 2D mag could bring anything to a 3D game like this, but my doubts have all vanished. Love it.”

“Wow... just... WOW. You guys put a lot of effort into this, and it has REALLY paid off.

“Got mine, yesterday. Looks very nice and I can understand the price given the quality of the printing.”

“It’s produced to a great degree of quality (better than some gaming magazines I’ve read in the past) and truly is a great achievement.”

“Got my issue. Smells good. Tastes not so good but I had to try…”

“I received my mag in France a few days ago. I was really impressed by the quality of the printing, illustrations, design, and the overall look of the mag. Very nice.” “Denmark - got mine. Excellent production value, totally professional and then some.” “Yay! mine came, its freaking awesome! the pics look amazing.”

A magazine of this nature, which relies on a large degree of bespoke material, takes as much as six months to produce, not because we are slow, but because we want every single page to be perfect, to reflect the game, to enrich the players’ experience of the game, to make them feel proud of the game in which they spend so much time.

there is more BS in these words than words can qualify. dudes should rly rly have some guts to come up with such thing. 6 month? please! ye, 6 month can take to concepe and write and things but u don't sell it until is ready!
just check on internet how many magazines of 60-200 pages exists and how they manage to publish in 1 month or less.

i am really disgusted by such cheap advertising.

They didn't want to give some cock and bull story about this and that. Then why, oh why, did they give some cock and bull story about this and that? This is the exact reason why I did not pre-order and probably will not but this crap magazine.

The information in it will be more than 6 months old when it arrives and PE is dynamic and evolves very fast. The information will be outdated and in some cases wrong.

For example, in my portrait it will say I am Supreme Colorer, which in fact now, almost 6 months later, is wrong. I am sure there will be other plain errors like this.

Professionals? No, professionals don't set themselves "somewhat unrealistic timeframes". They know their stuff...

"We write from MMM Publishing in London"

Was this from MA or Im guessing the way it reads the publisher? Who is WE? Is Marco with you? He seems to be missing.

The last thing we heard from them was MA was the hold up. So now the hold up is at the publisher.

Also WTF did I pre-order for? It wont sell out. The price wont go up.

It is clearly stated on the PE web page that the message is from MMM Publishing, hence the "we". MindArk as such does not make the magazine - it is a completley different company (MMM Publishing) that handles and organizes The Entropian. We do however stand behind them to 100% in the vision. The delay is very unfortunate, and both MMMP and MindArk apologize for it. I have been informed about the too positive time frame and MA and MMMP have together worked out the new deadline, as of the 28th of Feb as a reasonable one. I have also seen parts of the mag and it looks spectacular!

Gone Silent said:
Also WTF did I pre-order for? It wont sell out. The price wont go up.

Well I wanted it for Christmas :( Ah well. Still, I'm sure it won't be long now (hopefully) and then everyone can bitch about how its a ripoff and a pile of common dung. (Just TELL me that won't happen and I will give you one very raised eyebrow :D )

edit: Oh Hello Marco!! ;) 28th Feb - cool! :D :D

Last edited:
umm thats kinda lame and how can they expect to produce 4 copies a year when it takes them 6 months just to make a single copy ?

Maybe MA should become just a tad smarter when choosing buisness partners ? seems like MMM is nothing but a bunch of noobs :(

arrh. that explains the terrible lag with delivery :laugh:

Back