The Following Account Hacked

Status
Wow, thanks, good thinking.

Don't have much else to say.

Calling my CO trying to get a temporary release on my phonelines to get through to Mindark...

Did you have an gold card on this?

Im asking because it would be good info to know if you got hacked while having an gold card.

You probably would have mentioned it if you had one but I figured should cover all the bases and ask?

Do did your account have an gold card?

Cade said:
Why? What did he say?

I sent a pm
didnt think you wanted it splashed all over here.

Everyone keep in mind....Cade speaks very intellectually (sp?) Anyway...this persono is not AT ALL!!!!

btw i also submitted a support case now ^^
that's all i can do for now :( i cant get back online cause it'll just make my pc shut down :mad:

grtz

nicole, bought one the DAY I returned,

still hasnt come. Thanks MA!
they still havent locked the account, either...

I cant reach them via phone atm either...

This person was typing...lol....somewhat like I do! He was using small words and couldn't tell me info, you only know. He said, "Come to nimph" Uh spelling error tip off. Then he said, "W8 at tp" you would never say W8. He asked me for my ped. I asked why, he said I cant tell you. I said but you always tell me. He said I cant this time. He said how much do you have? I said 14 ped why? He said nevermind then. And I kept asking WHat? WTF? What is going on? ANswer me, stop ignoring me. You are acting weird. and he disappeared and never answered my further pm's. Let me know if I can help anymore. I did send a report.

This person was typing...lol....somewhat like I do! He was using small words and couldn't tell me info, you only know. He said, "Come to nimph" Uh spelling error tip off. Then he said, "W8 at tp" you would never say W8. He asked me for my ped. I asked why, he said I cant tell you. I said but you always tell me. He said I cant this time. He said how much do you have? I said 14 ped why? He said nevermind then. And I kept asking WHat? WTF? What is going on? ANswer me, stop ignoring me. You are acting weird. and he disappeared and never answered my further pm's. Let me know if I can help anymore. I did send a report.

This was my pm, so you all know

Minoa said:
oh boy :S

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Damn we were talking just this morning with you.... :S

Hope everything sorts out in a decent way, hang on.

Yours

Minoa
Was that the guy who wanted to join our soc?

That WAS the guy whom was talking to a member about his considering joining a society... and finding out if EP is ANYTHING like it used to be...

The account may be a loss...

This really needs to get tracked down because it seems to get done pretty easily. Too bad the Gold Card did not come in time.

omg im sry for u man:( and lets hope MA dont answer support case about hacked account like they usaly does " buy a gold card"

i sure dont wana be around when the frist gold card account gets hacked :eek:

ppl ive talked to says its realy no biggie to hack the gold cards :confused:

i suck at computers so i wouldent know but lets hope its close to impossible :(

I take it that trying multiple times did not lock the account :(

This is something that should probably be implemented so we have the ability to lock our own accounts should this happen!

I also have bought a GC a couple weeks ago now and nothing yet :(

Cade, maybe you could post screen-shots of your system tray (Ctr+Alt+Del, Win XP Home) and windows startup registry keys(Start->Run, type "regedit", then go HKCM/HKCU (or smth like that)Software->Microsoft->Windows>Current Version->Run) so that we could try and identify potential keylogger?

EDIT: to avoid this in future it might be a usefull habit to scan what processes (programs) are currently running before you start PE, and shut down everything which is not a part of windows environment.

EDIT2: not system tray, task manager.

Last edited:
Masta said:
Cade, maybe you could post screen-shots of your system tray (Ctr+Alt+Del, Win XP Home) and windows startup registry keys(Start->Run, type "regedit", then go HKCM/HKCU (or smth like that)Software->Microsoft->Windows>Current Version->Run) so that we could try and identify potential keylogger?

Thats an awesome idea, the CTL - ALt -Delete and take a screeny of the Process' section would be the most useful to determine (although some can hide in the process list) But it would be a start. +Rep Masta for that idea

Masta said:
Lol, I live on a Federal Base in the United States at the moment, yeah there's a keylogger, it's Uncle Sam.

It couldn't be that though, I have never, ever done anything that could ever possibly cause one to be downloaded or anything like that, unless you can do it to someone through a PE trade or something-- which I sincerely doubt. I have never opened any emails, software, anything like that in any way associated with PE--or even, any emails whatsoever on that email account. I created it ony for use in Pe and ahve never opened it since.

Samantha Carter said:
Thats an awesome idea, the CTL - ALt -Delete and take a screeny of the Process' section would be the most useful to determine (although some can hide in the process list) But it would be a start. +Rep Masta for that idea
Did anyone notice the stunning irony here?

PMed you. Read it ;)

hell then i would avoid that comp completely till you know its clean...

a compramised system is not the best one to reset accounts on ;)

id not touch that comp till its "isolated" and you can really check it.

p.s. sorry to hear of ur hack

OK so you've never opened any emails from anyone in the PE community Or run any 3rd party software on the PC itself right? Keep in mind that profiles do not quaranteen files specifily to that account. Ie.. If you log on as 'Cade' only when playing PE, but the rest of the time your log on as 'Cade the Mack Daddy'. If you log into the 'Cade the Mack Daddy' Account to check email then both accounts are subject to the trojan/keylogger. (Maybe you know this already but if not then its useful info)

yeah there's a keylogger, it's Uncle Sam.
lol. we all have 'Magic Lantern' and 'Carnavore' listening somwhere elusive, even if we are not on Uncle Sams playground. :umn:

Talking to the punk with Missq, and now he is interested where Im at to discuss a plan to buy a hangar in Argus....lol Cade, I have screeenies

BTW-Geode brought up a good point! Have you called you CC company or however you deposit to advise them????

Samantha Carter said:
OK so you've never opened any emails from anyone in the PE community Or run any 3rd party software on the PC itself right? Keep in mind that profiles do not quaranteen files specifily to that account. Ie.. If you log on as 'Cade' only when playing PE, but the rest of the time your log on as 'Cade the Mack Daddy'. If you log into the 'Cade the Mack Daddy' Account to check email then both accounts are subject to the trojan/keylogger. (Maybe you know this already but if not then its useful info)
I think I got this sorted out.

I use one PC for playing PE, and that is all. Ever. Nothing else.

I use the other pc, different power source, for most everything else.
What you suggest is not an option.

Missq said:
Talking to the punk with Missq, and now he is interested where Im at to discuss a plan to buy a hangar in Argus....lol Cade, I have screeenies

BTW-Geode brought up a good point! Have you called you CC company or however you deposit to advise them????

hmmmm the hangar ploy....... interesting

keep him occupied q. The longer you keep him busy, the less damage he can do.

Sorry to hear about this Cade.

dropkick said:
lets hope MA dont answer support case about hacked account like they usaly does " buy a gold card"

Actually I kinda hope they do, I'd like to know what they have to say when he tells them he bought one but because of their late deliveries it wasn't there in time.

The person whos done it obviously knows how MA work quite well - he has done it at just the right time knowing they wont do sod all until Monday.

i feel like if MA let you down with a "buy a goldcard" reply. then its just too much LOL!

Missq said:

Could it be King again with the Hangar thing? (Sorry King if it is not you.)

Wtf

WTF!!! CAn I not chat on EF if using PEAss???? I have more info, so I thought I would put in chat as I have it.

Agreed, Wanda.

I admit, if this situation changes anything it WILL be a worthwhile loss.

It might mean an actual CONTACT LINE for Mindark, not just a line you can call and have the possibility of someone answering at all, let alone helping you...
It might also mean they get a security system, or do something with RL systems, because their own fucked up.

It would be worth losing the account for... And still, my biggest worry is hearing when I find out that he scammed mod fap off someone whom trusts me.

First of all, sorry your account got hacked. Lets hope they are stupid enough to try and scam other ppl and forget to put the stuff on a different ava.

On a side note though, I remember you having problems with a guy called "Andreas Lucifer" here on EF. You said it has something to do with real life. Do you think its possible that it is this person who hacked the account?

PMed again.

Status
Back