The force is Strong - I feel it

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Quite a few of us Mindforcers have made much effort to promote Mindforce over the last few years, and I am increasing receiving PM's for advice especially since the new nanochips were introduced.

I think MF is growing in popularity, and that is a really good thing for future development.

MF was under-rated for many years, yet you would be surprised how effective it is these days at bringing down all types of animals. As more people realise this, I would not be surprised to see more and more of the community taking up the professions.

Sure some of the chips use a lot of SME to compensate for the low decay of many of the high end chips. However if hunting on mobs you can handle repairs are low, and armour repairs can be low too. Therefore most of the time you are only looking to be compensated for ammo input, and hopefully a few more ped to cover purchase of new chips.

I am really looking forward to any future development, and the challenges MA might throw our way with respect to skilling for any new chips.

I was not a fan of strike chips in the past, but I’m finding that every now and then it can be a good laugh in PVP or in the ring. I do wonder what these new bigger strike chips will be like, and if possible to link up with a team on LG to offload the force.

Many of us out there are acquiring some very decent skills indeed, so bring it on MA, and welcome to all those that have recently taken up the professions.

Keep up the skilling

May the Force be with you!!!

Rick

Nice ! Hope someone from MA will give us a dev line of upcoming things.

I'm waiting for XII - XX attack chips, and hope for a fast speed one (big ones are 51/mn it's not enough)
I'm waiting for more usefull buff chips, like low levels existing ones. (hp buff, fast move buff)
I already like heal chips and hope to see a new line of quick heal chips
I hope for a mind force armor plating

Have to say this too :
MF is like a young profession. You can make something better than existing ones.
MA is actually giving interest for skill, giving a nice range of L weapons giving a new weapon more powerful every 5 lvl.
MF can be more, giving all the way the abylity to unlock things with your lvl.
for exemple, i think if there 5 kind of buff chips, they should be unlocked at different level.
like :
a LVL 1 hp buff chip should need SIB 10
a LVL 1 increase movement speed should be sib 25
a LVL 1 anything new and powerful should be 50
etc...

It could give more intereset in skilling avatars. And one could show he's skilled just "casting" a MF buff than everyone it need ata least lvl 50 or 60 to use chip.

So much things could come.

I like MF :)

Feith

Aye, also had a lot of people sending me PMs or ingame friend requests, asking for assistance and information since they have seen me talking... hrm... "a bit" about Mindforce on the forums.

It is good to have seen so many improvements (implant rebalance, nanochips, new effects, etc) for this profession, as it had many cons and few pros for such a long time :) I am looking forward to new, bigger attack chips, better buffs (especially my personal favourite, the Metabolic Acceleration), and so on.

Truly, Mindforce is evolving into a force to be reckoned with (pun intended) :wise: (now, I only wish that there would be some really powerful chips that also require high psyche levels to use, to force people to actually use the profession and not just chip it in)

Nice ! Hope someone from MA will give us a dev line of upcoming things.

I'm waiting for XII - XX attack chips, and hope for a fast speed one (big ones are 51/mn it's not enough)
I'm waiting for more usefull buff chips, like low levels existing ones. (hp buff, fast move buff)
I already like heal chips and hope to see a new line of quick heal chips
I hope for a mind force armor plating

Have to say this too :
MF is like a young profession. You can make something better than existing ones.
MA is actually giving interest for skill, giving a nice range of L weapons giving a new weapon more powerful every 5 lvl.
MF can be more, giving all the way the abylity to unlock things with your lvl.
for exemple, i think if there 5 kind of buff chips, they should be unlocked at different level.
like :
a LVL 1 hp buff chip should need SIB 10
a LVL 1 increase movement speed should be sib 25
a LVL 1 anything new and powerful should be 50
etc...

It could give more intereset in skilling avatars. And one could show he's skilled just "casting" a MF buff than everyone it need ata least lvl 50 or 60 to use chip.

So much things could come.

I like MF :)

Feith

I agree totally Feith, just using a type of mindforce shows that you have achieved that profession level. I can imagine players looking and saying I cant wait till I get to level 60, and can use "orbs" or something like that. I guess strike chips go some way to showing that.

I also agree that you must be able to unlock a weapon before you can use it. Not just MF but all weapons to be fair. This would stop newbies using weapons way out of their ability.

Much more powerful animations for the new BIG stuff required. Mindforce to me is all about "power", conjouring those forces is what makes mindforce special. We certainly need bigger chips, maybe XX is a little too strong for now, but certainly chips to XV would be fantastic (imagine the stats!!!).

I struggle to understand why an X Corr attack is 54 uses per min, but an XI cor is only 51 attacks per min.

Aye, also had a lot of people sending me PMs or ingame friend requests, asking for assistance and information since they have seen me talking... hrm... "a bit" about Mindforce on the forums.

It is good to have seen so many improvements (implant rebalance, nanochips, new effects, etc) for this profession, as it had many cons and few pros for such a long time :) I am looking forward to new, bigger attack chips, better buffs (especially my personal favourite, the Metabolic Acceleration), and so on.

Truly, Mindforce is evolving into a force to be reckoned with (pun intended) :wise: (now, I only wish that there would be some really powerful chips that also require high psyche levels to use, to force people to actually use the profession and not just chip it in)

I agree NH, Mindofrce is developing into a force to be reckoned with, I just hope MA can balance them right. But I do wish for some powerful tools, real powerful ones to scare the life out of people at LG etc.

Come on MA drop those fat strike chips we know you want too.

Are we not ready? LOL.

Rick

I also agree that you must be able to unlock a weapon before you can use it. Not just MF but all weapons to be fair. This would stop newbies using weapons way out of their ability.

Well, with regular weapons you have a warning if you equip a weapon with a much higher rec. level than your current level... I kinda disagree with that they should be made unuseable before req. lvl as it is with Mindforce, because to me that is one of the many things that makes MF special :)

The fact is, on others MMORPG skills are unlocked with avatar level and gives special ability.

Entropia doesn't have this kind of unlockable ability that make avatar and game play more dynamic.

Unlocking new powers grinding your prof levels should be cool.

Thrust me, if Kill Strike unlocked a button u can clic to give damage*2 and a cool graphic effect on the next attack, i would have it already.

As everything is based on eco, MA can't afford to give free attacks. But with Mind Force, they can give some abilitys.
I'm just looking for more Fun and Cool goals, and would be very satisfied each time i use a big requirement chip.

Just my 2 pecs

Feith

Hum, a cool unlock could be : Fire enchant sword :)
At level 50 in pyro dmg, you can use lvl 1 Burn sword chip
Casting it on selected sword add 5-10 damage and cost 3,3 pec ME by shot

Melee users got their amp, and mf user a new job :p

Hum, a cool unlock could be : Fire enchant sword :)
At level 50 in pyro dmg, you can use lvl 1 Burn sword chip
Casting it on selected sword add 5-10 damage and cost 3,3 pec ME by shot

Melee users got their amp, and mf user a new job :p

While this would give more powers to Mindforce users, I very strongly oppose the idea of enchanting things with MF. It does not fit into what MF actually is, but brings to mind magic from WoW, Elder Scrolls and other fantasy games.

Mindforce is the power of the mind, and it should be channeled with the mind (though implants and chips are used to amplify and shape the power), not into some kind of dead item... I mean, how would you explain that someone can set an energy or metal sword on fire? Seems like it would be a waste of energy and mindpower to me :laugh:

Combustive attack chip give you a nice little fire in the hand.
The fact is Mind essence is a combustible your spirit can shape.

I'm with you, when you say Entropia is not and must not being an heroic fantasy game.
I agree this exemple is not good.

It's only to show that some nice things, giving interest in MF, giving nice graph effects, and not a free gift from MA could exists.
I'd like to see my avatar gaining with levels, more and more different powers, and not only a better mastery of things he can have from the start.

Feith

I'd like to see my avatar gaining with levels, more and more different powers, and not only a better mastery of things he can have from the start.

Well, in a way we have some stuff like that already...

Level 7 Biotropic - Can use the first Health Augmentation chip.
Level 14 Biotropic - Can use Revive chip + Unlock ESL.
Level 18(?) Biotropic - Can use Heal Field chips.

Level 25 Pyro Kinetic - Can use Metabolic chips for speed boost.
Level 25 Cryogenic - Can use Metabolic chips for slowing enemies.

While this would give more powers to Mindforce users, I very strongly oppose the idea of enchanting things with MF. It does not fit into what MF actually is, but brings to mind magic from WoW, Elder Scrolls and other fantasy games.

Mindforce is the power of the mind, and it should be channeled with the mind (though implants and chips are used to amplify and shape the power), not into some kind of dead item... I mean, how would you explain that someone can set an energy or metal sword on fire? Seems like it would be a waste of energy and mindpower to me :laugh:

Evrything is possible if there is a will.
Just think about chip in form of blade wich you can use as a blade but you can additionaly add your mindforce power to it.
No need to mention WoW, is enought to think about star wars and swords used there - its aslo sci fi.
Magic do not exist.
Magic in EU mean only one thing - MA didnt found time to create backstory with sci-fi explanation.
We are not in only scietific word. We have fiction too.
If not how you explain "Magic" no perma death, revival and resurection, bufs, Fact that we are running with several wheicles in invetory and each weight several tousand kg, fact that we dont die in water , fact that in real world there are animals wich use electrical power to shock and kill prey without using implants and chips and so on..
Evrything is possible if we want with science or only fiction.
Functionality and ideas from other games can be good or bad so no need that we apriory automaticaly discard them in name of "No Magic in EU".

i was turned off a bit from mindforce when MA decided it was a good idea to raise the mindforce ships starting profession levels :( i had reached the lacerating attach chip xi when i get bumped back to ix and have to lose 15 or so dps :( and its also a turn off when MF chips of same level as comparable lvl guns the guns domore dps with no amp or enhancers..

Last edited:
Combustive attack chip give you a nice little fire in the hand.
The fact is Mind essence is a combustible your spirit can shape.

I'm with you, when you say Entropia is not and must not being an heroic fantasy game.
I agree this exemple is not good.

It's only to show that some nice things, giving interest in MF, giving nice graph effects, and not a free gift from MA could exists.

Feith

I read your other post Feith, and I will have to agree.

I was running, combustive strike VIII, combustive nanochip strike III (best nanochip strike seen so far), and ignite V chips over the weekend along with normal combustive attack and corrosive chips.

I must say the animations on the strike chips are superb, my whole body was lighting up on fire when I was charging the strike chips up. This is the kind of development I want to see with MF, it makes me want to skill for the bigger nano strikes that surely must be coming.

I think secretly there is a wizard in a lot of MF'ers. We play with Mindforce and enjoy it, but ultimately I think we are looking to conjour enormous power with the right skills.

If theres something I would want more than anything is defense chips. Some sort of force field that you charge up at no cost, but it decays in some manner only when you take hits from mobs. It really would be superb to go hunting without armour from an MF point of view. But you would need amazing skills to even be able to suse using such a force field. Imagine the interest for skilling to unlock such an ability.

I would love some sort of wizardy system if it as bought in, but that is a massive challenge for MA, However they are working hard on improving the animations for MF and bringing in a kind of mix between MF and wizardry, I believe there are more surprises to come for us.

Nano ignites would be nice too, I burned that V too fast over the weekend not many seem to be going to the instances to get them, and more drops of the bigger L heal chips please, and more field heal chips please.

I could go on for ages.

Rick

Last edited:
I could go on for ages.

Rick

Please continue Rick,

Your posts are quite interesting on the subject :)

BTW, how do you feel about an amplifier idea to add to mindforce ?

Cheers,
Viper

Please look at part B in the quoted text - Blue highlighted

Sure some of the chips use a lot of SME to compensate for the low decay of many of the high end chips. However if hunting on mobs you can handle repairs are low, and armour repairs can be low too. Therefore most of the time you are only looking to be compensated for ammo input, and hopefully a few more ped to cover purchase of new chips.

Rick,

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but here is an idea for you.

I will cut it down from what I posted in a past life as Lavawalker ;)

Part B - The headbands working as amplifiers/eco consumption modifiers being the important part, highlighted in blue.

Hey there,

It has been on my mind for some time now since Mindforce will be getting a make-over in the near future, I have a few ideas of my own I would like to add in Part A & Part B

Part A, Additional Mindforce Abilities & Chips ...

1. Damage Shield Ability & Chip (Psychotropian Ability)

This chip would start from Lesser much like the NerveBlast chip and be based on the same profession skills as the Nerveblast Chip.

Starting at lesser it would provide the user with a number of charges (Much like the Focus chip does) of a damage shield that will absorb +1 of all incoming damage types (Much like having an 8th armor piece on in the form of a shield that has a +1 on all melee, firearm and elemental damage types)

Mechanics wise, the shield would reduce all incoming damage on all damage channels from the mob by 1 first, then move onto plates and worn armor as it does now.

Minor would have a +2, Medium +3, moderate +4, good +5, etc. MA to decide the relative ME usage per use fo this chip. Charges per use would be similar to that of the nerveblast chip.

It is suggested that the time-to-effect time to use this chip be moderate, much like the time on the minor teleport chip.

2. Light Shield Chip - Invisibility.

This chip would only come in 2 forms, Moderate (IV) lasting 2 mins 30 secs and Powerful (VIII) lasting 5 mins. The ME used would be extremely high on these chips so their use would be limited to dire situations.

As stated they would create a forcefield of light around you that would bend any exterior light around you rendering you invisible to any avatar and/or mob.

No combat, mining, talking or equiping/unequiping actions can be performed, doing so will render you visible to all again.

This would be useful for when you get stuck at a revival point where you need to run past some really hard mobs, or as a method of get away in any PvP area.

Profession Skill used, again Psychotropian

Even though the ME burn would be large, the cast time of this chip is short, so it can be used quickly when needed. (much like the focus chip time-to-effect time)

Part B, Crafted Headbands using the current 16 Precious Stones/Gems in Entropia to date to Enhance Mindforce abilities.

/PSI Rant ...

It has been known over the centuries the use of crystal and gems to focus and store natural energies, including those of us sentient beings humans in the form of lkaying on of hands and other occult practices.

/Science Rant ...

Crystals & gems have been used in science for many wonders, including focusing energy in the form of light waves (lasers) as well as splitting their spectrums, storing information (upcoming technology not yet commercially available), tuning into radio stations etc

/end Rants.

I would like to propose a new crafted line of headbands to created in Male & Female variations (Gives the art design department some flexibility into making visually appropriate headbands for each gender)

The proposal is for 6 headbands using of 4 gemstones each and a seventh using 6 of the more expensive gemstones.

These headbands will be used in enhancing the effective output of using mindforce abilities or reducing the amount of Mind Essence consumed.

A series of 4 headbands, with 2 types (Low cost & Expensive models)

1. Series dedicated to Psycotopian abilities

+ Cheaper model has the following equipped effect
- Nerveblast Damage + 10%
- Focus +4 to all focus chips per use
- Damage shield (Aboce mentioned) +1 to all damage channels
- Invisibility Light Shield (No effect)

+ Expensive Model using higher value gems to produce
- Nerveblast Damage + 15%
- Focus +6 to all focus chips per use
- Damage shield +2 to all damage channels additional protection
- 1 less ME consumed per ME ability involving a chip consumed

2. Series dedicated to Biotropian abilities

+ Cheap Model
- Heal Chip all models + 10% heal per use
- Powerful reserection chip - 10 ME consumed

+ Expensive model
- Heal Chips all models + 15% heal per use
- Powerful reserection chip - 20 ME consumed

3. Series dedicated to Pyrotropian Abilities

+ Cheap Model
- 10% additional damage to attacks

+ Expensive model
- 15% additional damage to attacks
- 3 less ME consumed per use

4. Final series is dedicated to reduced ME consumption.

This headband gives no additional benefit other than reduced ME consumption per ME chip use.

The price of these bands will not be cheap and are directed to the long term dedicated users of mind force abilities.

I would not like to speculate on proposed ME reduction on these models instead leave that upto MA to decide what would be best

For this reason, I would suggest only one model be created using 6 of the more expensive gems (out of the 16 available)

Note - The other 3 ability based bands stats is given as an example, again MA would be the people to decide on exact stats of such items.

Anyhow, just another idea to throw in the mixer. Something that would kickstart participants interest / exploration in ME abilities and furthering their use more than they do today.

~ Sparkz.

Last edited:
i was turned off a bit from mindforce when MA decided it was a good idea to raise the mindforce ships starting profession levels :( i had reached the lacerating attach chip xi when i get bumped back to ix and have to lose 15 or so dps :( and its also a turn off when MF chips of same level as comparable lvl guns the guns domore dps with no amp or enhancers..

That was frustrating the chip nerf, I'm with you on that. Although I decided to view it as a challenge in then end. If MA want you to have level 46, skill to level 66, if they want level 70 skill it to 80....LOL. Get so far ahead in skill, you are ready for what they throw at you.

I think these new X and XI chips, where a testing ground. Chips never went over level VIII previously. I think MA are taking a wait and see approach. Is the community using them, how many are used, is it promoting Mindforce more. Not to mention loads of testing with different skilled avas see how it fits into thier systems.

I was taking down Rex Dev with XI corr. I find the combustive chips at times too slow, because at 22 attacks per min, you only need 3 misses to bring that down to 19 attacks per min. Not to mention the armour costs with slow chips. So I find combustive chips (with range) are really only good for the first 2 -5 shots until the mob is on you, then switch to faster chips.

As Dan has said many times we do need more power to go for bigger prey, or maybe some sort of add on implant to amp the power. Although I've always felt bringing amps into the world of MF didn't seem right, it should stay "skill based" rather than amping lower power weapons. That said is their an advange in the field for the gun with amp user over the MF'er with no amp. We are competing against each other I guess for loots.

I think bigger chips will come as more people that can use them justifies bringing them in. So I say skill it hard, and max everything, and don't let MA knock you back with a few nerfs here and there.

Rick

we do need more power to go for bigger prey, or maybe some sort of add on implant to amp the power. Although I've always felt bringing amps into the world of MF didn't seem right, it should stay "skill based" rather than amping lower power weapons.

Hi Rick, you probably missed it while posting, but the idea I posted as Lavawalker was an amping & eco consumption idea that would fit in well with mindforce usage ;)

See the PSI & Science rants too for a better understanding!

Added: Granted the idea is VERY OLD, however it can be adapted to todays technology. The headband could be a secondary chip inserted, after all we can insert upto 3 ? chips in an implant.

Last edited:
This thread is going fine.

I'm not alone thinking MF should allow more power, and not only power, MF is open for much things.

What about a self-resurrection chip ? lvl will give timer and hp back.

What about a kind of craft based on some mf skills, with SME as first material.
Craft could open more and more things, like semi SCI- MF weapons, new kinds of ressources, MF armor (L) parts, etc...

Feith

About "eco enhancer" ideas:

I believe that the implant change was partially in preperation of this.

Because implant decay is in % absorbed rather than a set number, adding an implant with a higher % absorbation would:

1) Increase the amount of times the chip can be used.
2) Increase the eco from (L) chips by lowering the markup-per-use cost (while TT-cost-per-use remains the same).

While all current implants have 2% absorbation, I personally believe it won't be long until both higher level implants and higher absorbation implants are added. Maybe even (L) ones.

Hi Rick, you probably missed it while posting, but the idea I posted as Lavawalker was an amping & eco consumption idea that would fit in well with mindforce usage ;)

See the PSI & Science rants too for a better understanding!

Added: Granted the idea is VERY OLD, however it can be adapted to todays technology. The headband could be a secondary chip inserted, after all we can insert upto 3 ? chips in an implant.

Hi Viper

I was just reading your other post. I grind away at mobs with 1000's of SME per day with MF, so the first thing I would ask myself with anything new is......"would I use it", secondly..."is it cost effective", and thirdly "how can I incorporate this into my hunt".

It can be very tricky out there trying to loot against others with guns + amps, and I'm sure there is much testing of stats going on in the background already based on many of the new chips. So the next question I guess is how hard would it be for MA to add further cost to the weapons, and would the user get back a reasonable return?

My biggest concern with any amping is that it adds yet more cost, to a profession that can consume enormous amounts of SME at high levels.

Historically MF has always been based on visuals ONLY, and is very much simple and "clean". So know ones knows your abilities, you not wearing a badge as such. With a headband or sparkling crown etc, it is badge, would I wear it? I'm not sure.

I think it's great to get ideas out on the table, so it's really good to raise your thoughts....nice one Viper. We must remember though that if it becomes too complicated or more costly the interest with MF might drop off. I think part of the reason MF is becoming popular is becasue you only need an attack chip to kill stuff....it's simple.

Maybe at high levels we can have more of a laugh with stuff.

I really must get some work done, catch you later.

Rick

About "eco enhancer" ideas:

While all current implants have 2% absorbation, I personally believe it won't be long until both higher level implants and higher absorbation implants are added. Maybe even (L) ones.

My 55 implant was top of the range in old EU and I paid 850+ ped to own an implant that could run any chip. that was a lot of money 7+ years ago (Dan can you remember the stats on the old style 55 implant was it to level XX?).

With new chips I think the stats need to be increased on the implant. I don't want to pay more money when the pro levels go over L55, I think these need to be changed to L100 implants.

Somethings need to stay non L, the L is moving into every corner of the game, and I think MA is missing the point that people do like to own somethings that are not L and are useful. especially if they apid big money in the past and Ma benefited from that with deposits.

I will accept L chips, but if MA decide they want to water down the top of the range implant in a few years and make it worthless I might just give up on the profession out of principle.

Bear in mind NH I paid over 6000 ped for a firestorm IV chip years ago, that was practically made useless (with added long cooldown) when the new MF came in, I ended up selling it for 2K.

Now I took that on the chin for the benefit of MF moving forward.

The implants in the old days used to decay more based on the chip you used. MA have made it the same across all chips, possible it makes programming easier (and to be honest we dont really need an implant).

Not to mention there was a period of about a year when the new MF came in that implants did NOT work (they where not activated). So implants are just a little extra for fun, I think absorbtion rates should stay the same.

Not having ago, it's just how I feel about implants (based on history of MF).

Rick

My 55 implant was top of the range in old EU and I paid 850+ ped to own an implant that could run any chip. that was a lot of money 7+ years ago (Dan can you remember the stats on the old style 55 implant was it to level XX?).

Rick

Long time and i hope i remember exact names of implants.
55 implant today is what once was caled BD implant and it cud hold from lvl 1 up to lvl 8 chip.
Top implant was AF and it cud hold chips from lvl 4 up to lvl 10.
Existence of AF implant gave us dreams that chips lvl 9 and 10 will drop one day.
Wich newer happened.
MU on BD implant was higher - first because nobody needed lvl 10 chip implant and second because you cud not use chips lvl 1 to lvl 3 like TP chips, small healing chips and small electro chips.
With AF implant you cud use chips from lvl 4 and up but not lower.
I was owner of AF implant with hopes that big chips will drop one day.
MA did change and changed according higher MU at time before VU 10.
MA changed BD implants in lvl 50 at first and latter on- with patch raiset them to lvl 55.
My AF implant got changed in lvl 20 implant and as usual - no refund, no nothing.

*take in account that most chips needed lvl 100 to max and scale implants acordingly

Last edited:
Long time and i hope i remember exact names of implants.
55 implant today is what once was caled BD implant and it cud hold from lvl 1 up to lvl 8 chip.
Top implant was AF and it cud hold chips from lvl 4 up to lvl 10.
Existence of AF implant gave us dreams that chips lvl 9 and 10 will drop one day.
Wich newer happened.
MU on BD implant was higher - first because nobody needed lvl 10 chip implant and second because you cud not use chips lvl 1 to lvl 3 like TP chips, small healing chips and small electro chips.
With AF implant you cud use chips from lvl 4 and up but not lower.
I was owner of AF implant with hopes that big chips will drop one day.
MA did change and changed according higher MU at time before VU 10.
MA changed BD implants in lvl 50 at first and latter on- with patch raiset them to lvl 55.
My AF implant got changed in lvl 20 implant and as usual - no refund, no nothing.

*take in account that most chips needed lvl 100 to max and scale implants acordingly

Arrhhh yes it's all flooding back now thank you Dan. It was a BD implant I had, and for the reason you say you could run small TP chips off it.

Damn shame your AF turned into a L20, grrrrr.

Do you happen to own a VIII Firestorm chip? I'd love to now if I'm maxed on it now, would be nice to stick it in loot window so I can check stats.

I remember shooting those IV Firestorm with Madsheep, both trying desperately to skill it. It was almost impossible back then, considering the massive amount of ME that it consumed for skills gained.

Was very cool to own something extremely rare back them. Sadly sold it for under 2K peds when it basically lost it's usefulness in the new MF world.

We look back in fondness, although today it is much easier. Sadly I've noticed people are dumping their Pryo skills on chips for next to nothing, won't be long before Pyro is the same price as rifle (almost there give or take a few ped)

Rick

Check Joda shop at Cape for fire chip lvl 8, he is selling it.
You will need to skill up a lot and im sure you will not like a price..

Check Joda shop at Cape for fire chip lvl 8, he is selling it.
You will need to skill up a lot and im sure you will not like a price..

Cape Corinth?

Only interesting it checking stats, as always wanted to max that chip (old school dream). I might have enough 62 dam, 52 hit. MA dropped the requirement stats on many weapons, so who knows.

Thanks again Dan.

Rick

Some mind force muzik:

I completely agree MF is awesome, always thought it was. Regret of chipping out can hit hard...MF is one area it hits hardest. :)

I enjoy finding a new chip here and there on auction and thinking about how I could use it one day, and there are some sweet ones out now too. The GFX are for sure done well with every chip I have seen, I really do enjoy using them for that reason among many.

I am thrilled how MF has some pretty darn fast chips, I personally enjoy 55/min+ so much more, regardless of damage, these fit the bill, and can run 10/10. :wtg: I wont be killing any big name mobs with em anytime soon, but there are more than enough low end mission mobs to kill with a nice speed. Plus I plan on using MF as a long range tagger already, which is the primary reason I still don't own one, MF has some sweet tagging chips a lot cheaper that I am willing to wait and skill for. Gotta have goals..

The one fear I have with more popular MF use though is the impact it could have on the economy.

With MF, you have armor, fap/heal chip, and the chip cost + me = simplified hunting.
Convenience/simplified activity almost always is the top choice it seems for most people, even if it costs a bit more.
Convenience + decent eco, + uses that mimic gear = a flock of flocks behind the MF flock we seem to have now. )
The long stretch to some of those upper chips is good IMO, otherwise I would consider using MF much more often If I could use those now, as many others perhaps would. Reducing a lot of needs out there, which normally depend on looted/mined Markup kind of stuff.

The main caution I think of is that with MF Chips, There is no need to use mined minerals or material found in hunting, replacing these things via armor buffs (reducing need for armor/enhancers ect) weapon buffs (reducing need for amps/weapons/enhancers ect) might not be in anybody's best interests.

Because they don't actually require anything besides a lucky loot off a mob to make, leaving miners completely out of the MF market, and hunters relegated to the select few who loot them. Aside from the ever uber force nexus income miners have, and sweaters ofc.

We would simply end up have larger sacks of umpteen billion kinds of loot , worth less.

Personal buffs like speed, attributes, ect should be the realm of MF, with the healing and and the unique attacks of course, but extending it much further into item abilities already in-game like amps, armor bubbles ect. is risky imo.
.....unless its all shrapnel protection stuff/PVP, perhaps, but then again miners and hunters (incl MF users) could always use more markup too.

Aside from that I cant wait to see how it progresses and what else they start adding in. Its also nice to have a profession that really has some unique upper end goals and effects to strive for. One thing is for sure, I thoroughly enjoy skilling MF more now versus years back....by leagues. It really has improved alot more over the years than I expected it would. The force is and continues to get stronger for me for sure......

Without top chips there is no point to skill MF professions.
Actualy MF stop arround lvl 47 now.
Any newcomer can realise fast that there is no future for MF if it will not be developed further.
We still cant kill top mobs with existing chips with equal eco and killing time as with other weapons.
Healing chips and bufs are not enought too for top lvl mobs.
And MF was and still is addvertised as advanced profession.
As advanced i can think that player who is tired to shoot mobs with MM tier 7+ and want more DPS - more than 200+ DPS - he will use advertised profession to do better, to be advanced, to do more.
If game dont have that possibility then there is not enought incentive to even try MF wich dont give many of combat skills including HP.

Back