the "good old days" of sweating?

Kathlyn

Hatchling
hi there!:yay:
i keep hearing old timers saying it was a lot easier to sweat a few years ago
basically you would just "stick" animals to structures, and you only had to sweat them endlessly with no risk of death?

yet when you look at mindessence price back then, it was much higher than today, and nexus was at the same price :eek:

am i missing something?

goodluck to all :)

yep, you used to be able to herd mobs to a place where they were essentially trapped - you could stand up on the spaceship near billy's, for instance, and sweat mobs down below without being hit

no more :)

BUT... you did not get that much sweat per hour as today AND if you had more than 1.2k or 2k (can´t remember) skills in sweating.. no more sweat for you..

sweat per pull used to be 1-5

not 2-22

your sweat per hour was way lower #D

price was 1.3 when i started, but on a good hour you got like 100 sweat

so 1.3 ped

when i sweat nowadays i get on a quite bad hour ~500, at 0.5 thats 2.5 ped :p

so, i wouldnt complain that much in that direction

also, after around 110 pts in sweat gathering you couldnt sweat anymore (was increased to ~220 after that, depending on other skills as well, i was stopped again at 170)
and finally removed

so you get more sweat per hour now, more ped even and can do it as long as you want

i think it is quite ok nowadays :)

Last edited:
yep, you used to be able to herd mobs to a place where they were essentially trapped - you could stand up on the spaceship near billy's, for instance, and sweat mobs down below without being hit

no more :)

not quite correct!
there is a spot at swamp camp where you can stand on the skeleton without trapping the mob and without getting hit. Used it quite a lot during my days there...still in my unrepaired OJs...
*sigh* those old days...so many years gone (ok...only about 4 months but feels like ages)

not quite correct!
there is a spot at swamp camp where you can stand on the skeleton without trapping the mob and without getting hit. Used it quite a lot during my days there...still in my unrepaired OJs...
*sigh* those old days...so many years gone (ok...only about 4 months but feels like ages)

well sure, just blurt it out so that "bug" can be "fixed", why don't ya? :silly2:

when i sweat nowadays i get on a quite bad hour ~300, at 0.5 thats 2.5 ped :p

I'm not so good @ math but isn't that ~1.5ped :eek:

I'm not so good @ math but isn't that ~1.5ped :eek:

darn, wanted to write 500 sweat

300 is a disastrous hour for me

if i get that less i stop sweating ^^
gotta edit, thx

sometimes i miss the old sweat farm at PA.. good times :)

I miss sweating at camp phoenix :(
It was so easy there, and there would be like 20 people there and always some pro person would bring mobs in to sweat...
and I could get about 1.2 then :X

sometimes i miss the old sweat farm at PA.. good times :)

haha , amazing what you could do with a 'step' & a herd of chickens

What Alice said is true, amount you could pull back then was much lower per hour , plus then MA applied the sweating cap ....meaning that at certain level you could't sweat anymore.... that happen to me at about with only 254 SG points ( not sweated since really)

Yeah, the "good" old times.. :rolleyes:
I remember when I first started, and we were sweating W of Port Atlantis, about 100m W from where the mall is placed nowadays, just across that "river". There were always a lot of people there. Talking, having fun, healers and others :) from noobs to ubers. The mobs where gathered by the higher lvl players, from about the position of the swamp camp is now. Then all we others were standing up at the sidewalk (which in fact still is there I thin ;) ). From here we could stand sweating the mobs dry, without getting hit. When it was dry, some of the better players killed it... ahh :rolleyes:

When the horde of mobs where killed, there were always buyers. "Buying sweat 3.0 @ Tree!" man, thoose were good times for a noob :ahh:
I think my best priced sweat sold for 3.8 or something, so the price were totally different at that time, and I didn't really sweat that much, so I never hit the sweat cap either :) but it was a great place to hang out with friends and soc mates :)

When sweat was first introduced there were a few hours when people would pay a PED or two for just 10-20 sweat. :whisper:

When sweat was first introduced there were a few hours when people would pay a PED or two for just 10-20 sweat. :whisper:

*lets out a long drawn out moan*

Back when I did sweat you did get 2-22 and the price was 1.2, and you did always sell your sweat realy fast too... but is over 2 years ago I think..

Becouse off the good sweat price you did profit from sweats and loot from the kill off snabels and dakibas :D
And now, I got some shortblade skill for no use... :)

sweat price of 1.2 isn't too far away it was already something like 1.5 with small quantity when i started , and i get as much sweat as now ( maybe i'm just unlucky but i just can't get more than 150 per hour :( )
But some of my friends started when sweat were nearly 5 and yeah only 5 max but auto click mob stuck and they were ready to go to work/school and come back with a lot of sweat to play each night :rolleyes:

Yea MA's new sweat/swamp camp they recommend people to use is not bad i went there the other day. It's pretty easy just takes time and some effort about as much as the old days.

I did like the old way better though south of nyphtown cause 1. you had to get across caylpso to get to it. and 2 it took a bit of team work and effort to get a mob trapped. I still wish there was more of a procedure to sweating like you HAD to get them to follow you into some sort of PEN and then you could sweat them.

Is sweat price really where it should be now though doesn't it even out MF weapon economy? It will be very interesting when MA gets onto updating MF so sweat has more use. I think ppl mostly use it for teleporting and the odd healer or resurrection.

yes you culd trap them wich I think was an unintended way to use Entropia yet I did it myself back in those days when I didnt know any better. However you culd only just sweat a bit over 100 lvl´s in the sweat gathering skill then it caped, then at some point the cap was raised so even if you hade reached the previous cap you culd sweat a few more lvl´s and then reach a new cap wich wasnt realy that many lvl´s higher, but cap was also depending on how much skill´s you gained totaly on your avatar. So avatars with higher total skill count caped te sweating at a lower lvl than low skilled avatars. So the recent uncaped sweating havnt always been the case.

Back