The Great Six-Legged Race - Leg Five

black_rain13

Retired Mafia Princess
Society
Happily Retired
Ginny "BlackReign" Johansen
Time to start leg five this morning.

The Calypsan air is crisp and clean (does that ever really change?) The ground is firm beneath my feet and the creatures are all around me. I'm not sure how I managed to get here, but I will find my way to the destination.

Speaking of destinations, I supposed a clue is in order, so here goes...

Leg Five Starting Position: Fort Pandora TP

Leg Five Destination Clue: When first encountered by humans, my inhabitants were peaceful traders. Now they are cold and heartless in their efforts to drive the humans away. I was once a place for my founders to lay their heads after a long day, but now my fires have died and things are quiet. Come find me, weary people, for I can still provide shelter among my remaining tents if you need a place to rest.

Due to things starting off 24 hours behind schedule this week, contestants will have until 1500 hours on Sunday to submit their screen shots for this leg. As always, send me your destination guesses and I will confirm your destination and provide you with specific coordinates. Good luck, runners. See you soon.

this one was a bit harder to deschiper...2 minutes :)

sent my guess through hope its right:)

this one was a bit harder to deschiper...2 minutes :)

Ok, smart guy... I wasn't really trying to make the clues hard... but just for you, I will make the final clue a beast to figure out.

No more using cleverly placed keywords. :)

:D why not? there is a simple way to get a clue: take a look at the map, imagine a circle with the starting point as center and 40 min running as half the diameter. then search for things inside that that fit the ridle. there are only a limited number of interest points and combining 2,3 entropia sites will give you all :)

sent my guess....hope it's right...it wasn's hard:)

:D why not? there is a simple way to get a clue: take a look at the map, imagine a circle with the starting point as center and 40 min running as half the diameter. then search for things inside that that fit the ridle. there are only a limited number of interest points and combining 2,3 entropia sites will give you all :)

I sense a challenge in this... I see I've made it too easy for you to assume where I will be sending you.

Perhaps it is time to completely revamp the planned final leg and send you someplace where few have gone before. Perhaps maybe even make you figure out your own coordinates and let you hope you got them right. :)

I hope you have all the Amthera TPs as well.:holyshit:

amethera would be nice...that's were i've been spending time recently...don't yet have all tp's but i can work on it :) i'm up for it. hope the others don't mind this... the thing without confirmation would be interesting indeed...very few who would finish :)
this leg was about going to see new places so give us something spectacular for the end :)

nice if amathera is the final destination,but plz don't make it 2 hard and post the starting tp sooner than monday if it isn't new oxford or TI

i'm ok with amethera..the final race...but in my opinion i think it's better if you confirm the coords if the destination will be on amethera...if it will be on eudoria i'm ok with that too(not telling the coords)

OK, here's the plan... in the interests of fairness, I am going to keep the final leg of the race as originally planned. Minus the coordinates.

I'll provide a clue and it will be up to you to figure out the clue and find the location on your own. Once you think you are there, you can submit your screen shots and if they are within the 50 meters radius of my coordinates, you are fine.

Then... if it is needed, I will throw out a 7th leg in Amthera. This leg will be strictly as a "tie-breaker" between the top 2 contestants, but anyone else who wants to compete in it as a bonus leg will be eligible for two randomly drawn prizes of 150 PED each.

Sound like a plan?

ok sounds good. so for the last race there will not be the 3 points bonus? or we'll get it if we send you the screens before thursday?

ok sounds good. so for the last race there will not be the 3 points bonus? or we'll get it if we send you the screens before thursday?

If you complete the leg before Thursday and are correct in your destination and coordinates, I will give you the three bonus points as usual.

fine by me. and yes the ideea of a seventh leg is appealing. randomly drawn prizes will pretty much ensure lots of people get something. the number of prizes are up to 5 i think. that's half the number of contestants.
not a bad ideea but i hope next year amethera will be included( i do hope though to go over 35 agility by then)

Then... if it is needed, I will throw out a 7th leg in Amthera. This leg will be strictly as a "tie-breaker" between the top 2 contestants, but anyone else who wants to compete in it as a bonus leg will be eligible for two randomly drawn prizes of 150 PED each.

Sound like a plan?
Anyone indeed, or anyone of the original contestants? Would be fun to allow others, or maybe some graduates from year 1 to compete in leg 7.

i'm pretty sure he meant anyone from the 10 participants we have now... what's the point of letting anyone compete, all 10 here are under 35 agility...
if someone eveor that would come it wouldn't be fair and to check the agilities again ould take time...

fine by me. and yes the ideea of a seventh leg is appealing. randomly drawn prizes will pretty much ensure lots of people get something. the number of prizes are up to 5 i think. that's half the number of contestants.
not a bad ideea but i hope next year amethera will be included( i do hope though to go over 35 agility by then)

in fact there are 6 prizes along with the sportmanship prize

Anyone indeed, or anyone of the original contestants? Would be fun to allow others, or maybe some graduates from year 1 to compete in leg 7.

Anyone will be allowed to run it with them... but only the original 10 contestants will be eligible for the two randomly drawn prizes.

I think everyone got this weeks destination figured out but all the same, here's the answer.

Leg five destination is: Feffoid Camp located at 10236, 18141

For those of you who think you may want/need to participate in the "Tie-breaker/Bonus leg" on Amthera, make sure you have the Omegatron West Habitat TP on Amthera.

30 minutes remaining before submissions are no longer accepted for leg five.

Leg six begins tomorrow at 1500 hours and should be a nail-biter!!

Back