The Guild of Entropian Beauticians

Last month I was able to regain the money I used on skilling by taking some customers, so generally I was on my break-evenpoint, excl my investments (chair, appartement,...) so I had the idea of making some money on the coloring since the profit marge is higher there.

It's possible that I'm just in a bad period and that I had some bad luck but it MA truely changed the succesrate I see no other way then selling my skills and lose my money on hunting I guess.

Regards

Never give up, never surrender! :D

I went through the same thing myself, but you are on the verge of getting the bigger cuts, dont give up yet!

Hey There!

Started hairstylist last monday, and i'm now at 1110 hairstylist (ate a 2.3ped chip :ahh: ) and i have now 7 cuts.

Starting to do some nice things (imo of course :) )

(Thx Hugh ;) )

cu in game

Last edited:
Hey There!

Started hairstylist last monday, and i'm now at 1110 hairstylist (ate a 2.3ped chip :ahh: ) and i have now 7 cuts.

Starting to do some nice things (imo of course :) )

(Thx Hugh ;) )

cu in game

Hi Sorg :)

Interesting that you ate a chip - it means you unlock levels will be a lot more relevant for hair unlocks than those of us the do all three beauty procedures, as our other skilling affects the hair, but yours would be a "true" unlock levels... I look forward to your future posts ;)

Hi Pinky!

I ate that chip just after visiting you :).

i unlocked the #6 at ~610 hairstylist

The #7 have been unlocked btween 650 and 1100... (with the chip)
Unlocked color too.

My skills:
Hairstylist: 1112
Plastic surgery: 323
Genetics 144
Dextérity 2087
Dunno what others skills are involved? Serendipity? Agility? Inteligence? :scratch2:

I expect #8 coming soon... so i'm up for a night of skilling... i hope posting skills for #8 soon :) .

Hi Pinky!

I ate that chip just after visiting you :).

i unlocked the #6 at ~610 hairstylist

The #7 have been unlocked btween 650 and 1100... (with the chip)
Unlocked color too.

My skills:
Hairstylist: 1112
Plastic surgery: 323
Genetics 144
Dextérity 2087
Dunno what others skills are involved? Serendipity? Agility? Inteligence? :scratch2:

I expect #8 coming soon... so i'm up for a night of skilling... i hope posting skills for #8 soon :) .

That was a big jump in skill for only one unlock - I think you will find #8 very quick indeed!

Hello all!!

I've been watching this thread for a while now. I started a few weeks ago, and also ate a chip of hair style. it took me to 800 hair sylest. Have 5 cuts. This seems a little diferent from the rest of you guys. But i have no skill anywhere else. I chipped out and sold everything to start this profession. I'll provide a detailed list of skill soon, but just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My shop is located at TIcity gold building 3e. Nice to meet you guys. Pinky you as great person to be doing this for everybody!!

I've been watching this thread for a while now. I started a few weeks ago, and also ate a chip of hair style. it took me to 800 hair sylest. Have 5 cuts. This seems a little diferent from the rest of you guys. But i have no skill anywhere else. I chipped out and sold everything to start this profession. I'll provide a detailed list of skill soon, but just wanted to introduce myself to you guys. My shop is located at TIcity gold building 3e. Nice to meet you guys. Pinky you as great person to be doing this for everybody!!

Welcome to the gang! ;)

I was wondering who ate the chip that were in auction recently, I guess our two newest members answered the question! lol

I look forward to seeing the details of the skills, as you guys can help the future members who are just setting out more than i ever can ;)

I was wondering who ate the chip that were in auction recently, I guess our two newest members answered the question! lol

For Sorg i can answer he's not one of those, because he ate MY skills! in fact i'm the owner of the scissors/chair/appartment, and he uses it because i'm a unbrained hunter who don't want to waste his time with haircuts. And he's a poor student who can't deposit and i know him since day 1, so he's like my employee lol

is there anyone in this guild who is a Max ingame and is a freelancer and can do up hairstyles till black colors??? i saw Max ingame but server crashed before i could talk ingame...

Hey Rooney!

Max is my seller :).

I finally unlocked #8, ran out of spray/gel last night, so had to buy some more this afternoon and it came:

Skills:
Genetics: 171
Hairstylist:1198
Plastic Surgery: 361
Dextérity: 2088.

And i'm now around 6.4 Hairstylist.

And i didn't ate one of the chip in auction, was Pingouin's one (thx :) ).

Edit: Forgot to say: STFU Pingou ;)

Btw, i think some resellers are trying to make increasing prices on some stuff (hair color set mainly) and i think we shouldn't buy any from them to not let them control market... I saw a guy overbidding me on Hair color set yesterday, and saw him at a TP later selling some... (my bid was 6ped for 3 hair color set, what seems to be the Peauction price?). So,what do you think about that?

I have some issue finding stuff (200% BO for spray or gel in auction is too much imo), and hopefully i have some good soc mates who are hunting umbra or calamusoid to loot some for me.:ahh: But i don't think everybody is able to be supplied that way?

Waiting your comment on this.

Sorg

Btw, i think some resellers are trying to make increasing prices on some stuff (hair color set mainly) and i think we shouldn't buy any from them to not let them control market... I saw a guy overbidding me on Hair color set yesterday, and saw him at a TP later selling some... (my bid was 6ped for 3 hair color set, what seems to be the Peauction price?). So,what do you think about that?

I have some issue finding stuff (200% BO for spray or gel in auction is too much imo), and hopefully i have some good soc mates who are hunting umbra or calamusoid to loot some for me.:ahh: But i don't think everybody is able to be supplied that way?

Waiting your comment on this.

Sorg

:laugh: Yes, there are a number of resellers atm - but only one who is actually influensing the market price. Not naming names, but just look for who is bidding and selling at the same time...

I would suggest not buying them, but what can you do, if you have none, you have none....

Have a look at my "Pinky Peds" thread as an idea to get around buying any....

:laugh: Yes, there are a number of resellers atm - but only one who is actually influensing the market price. Not naming names, but just look for who is bidding and selling at the same time...

I would suggest not buying them, but what can you do, if you have none, you have none....

Have a look at my "Pinky Peds" thread as an idea to get around buying any....

Oki, i think we're speaking about the same guy (if he's the one of the "pinky's ped" thread). I think most of beauticians don't check the auction enough, and it's why he can profit of that sytem...
But i'm trying to annoy him the most i can now (overbidded his 3bids today :silly2: up to 3ped/hair color). If buying at good prices directly to hunters, that should encourage them hunting calamusoids more... at least i hope (dream? :) ). :wtg:

Oki, i think we're speaking about the same guy (if he's the one of the "pinky's ped" thread). I think most of beauticians don't check the auction enough, and it's why he can profit of that sytem...
But i'm trying to annoy him the most i can now (overbidded his 3bids today :silly2: up to 3ped/hair color). If buying at good prices directly to hunters, that should encourage them hunting calamusoids more... at least i hope (dream? :) ). :wtg:

I suppose thats one way of going about it... the only thing is, that drives up the price for the average unit on PE auction, so then people start putting higher buy out prices and with higher buy out prices people will buy at a higher price on the auctioned ones and it goes on...

I think we need to try keep the price down by simply not buying them from known resellers... but that brings me back to my original point of if you dont have any, what can you do? Its a vicious circle that can only be overcome by refusing to buy them, but sadly we cant stop everyone from buying...

Thats why i tried the Pinky Ped promotion, to keep them off the auction all together. I had a good week or so of loads of them coming in, but its died down again now...

Unlock 15 = 2969 Hair Skills

Unlock 16 = 3173 Hair Skills

Unlock 17 = 3390 Hair Skills

Unlock 18 = 3493 Hair Skills
Unlock 19 =

3560 Hair Skills

body 1143
face 583
genetics 1199
fashion 1112
plastic 2130
dex 2209
Beauty Sense 814

Pro standings =
Stylist 22
Body 11
Face 8

Ok, just an idea to throw out there... we need to stop the prices of hair sets increasing. We cover probably 70% of all stylists here - I can also contact Ido, Akoz, shady and Felicity about this idea to see if they agree - which covers the vast majority in the game... (have sent them PM's and asked them to comment)

I propose a Hair colouring strike... no one colours hair, no one buys hair sets at ANY price from any where or any one.
Although this will affect all our incomes in the very short term, its the only way to bring down the price. The longer no one buys, the lower the price will fall. They were once TT fodder, they can be again.

The only alternative I can suggest is we all increase our prices, but i figure that will only hurt the average joe, and eventually increase the price more than it is now...

This will only work, if everyone agrees. Sure, we may miss some people in the game who we dont know of, but with no one to compete against them with price, they wont be out bid, so can buy them cheaply, which still lowers the price.

In the mean time, I suggest we all hunt calamusiods to build up stockpiles of them. So when the strike ends, we dont all bid like crazy on the auction and push the price up again.

So what does everyone think? If we end up with going with this idea, I will create a thread about it, asking people to name and shame beauticians that break the strike and continue colouring and let us down to ensure everyone complies with the agreement... also to explain to the comunity that we do this only to break the hold the resellers have on us atm...

This is the only way I can see forward, so am interested to see what you think of the idea... it would be interesting to see if the guild flexes its combined muscle exactly what we can acheive...;)

Last edited:
I propose a Hair colouring strike... no one colours hair, no one buys hair sets at ANY price from any where or any one.
Although this will affect all our incomes in the very short term, its the only way to bring down the price. The longer no one buys, the lower the price will fall. They were once TT fodder, they can be again.

To be honest, I've allowed my salon to go stagnant while I focus on other skilling lately, so I likely wouldn't be doing any coloring anyway.

Your solution would likely work, but no telling how long it would take or how bitter it will make potential customers. I honestly don't believe that TT is fair, as these aren't the most common mob to hunt or the most common loot to get, but certainly the recent prices are insane. Even TT+1 seemed high, but customers were willing to pay enough for coloring service to cover the costs. (well, except when the SR% is so skewed and you get stuck in a bug and it takes 82 tries in a row to get it to work).

Meanwhile, this is reminding me a lot of the "pilot mafia" that everyone threw a fit about when they tried to up their prices by a couple ped. So be prepared for some backlash and people who insist on crying more. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with professionals working together for the benefit of their industry -- All groups are doing it (whether in consistent mark-up, price-fixing, offers, etc.) just some things like this seem more blatant and might lead to more crying.

There are a number of new stylists it seems who've chipped/skilled up to coloring recently, so if everyone doesn't participate, it just means more business for those who do.

Anyway, I guess I'm "in" by default since I've been busy hunting and not styling lately.

Mhhh...Just a little thing about that... i'm sure customers would understand the reason of the strike, but they'll wait a decrease of coloring prices too... :scratch2:

And after having advertised in town for a week now, i can say lot of ppl would like to change color if it was cheaper... ==> need more Hair color... and in the end, i think it won't change anything... :dunno:

Hunting cala to loot some... could be nice with a decent drop rate... a mate did a 400ped ammo run on them to get only 6 hair color set... And with more than 40ped loss...

But maybe organizing some event on calamusoid with an haircut as reward?
Most hair color looted in 2 hours win? (It's PVP so even more fun :handgun: )

Anyway, if you wanna try a strike, i'm in (yeah i'm french :laugh: ).

To be honest, I've allowed my salon to go stagnant while I focus on other skilling lately, so I likely wouldn't be doing any coloring anyway.

Your solution would likely work, but no telling how long it would take or how bitter it will make potential customers. I honestly don't believe that TT is fair, as these aren't the most common mob to hunt or the most common loot to get, but certainly the recent prices are insane. Even TT+1 seemed high, but customers were willing to pay enough for coloring service to cover the costs. (well, except when the SR% is so skewed and you get stuck in a bug and it takes 82 tries in a row to get it to work).

Meanwhile, this is reminding me a lot of the "pilot mafia" that everyone threw a fit about when they tried to up their prices by a couple ped. So be prepared for some backlash and people who insist on crying more. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with professionals working together for the benefit of their industry -- All groups are doing it (whether in consistent mark-up, price-fixing, offers, etc.) just some things like this seem more blatant and might lead to more crying.

There are a number of new stylists it seems who've chipped/skilled up to coloring recently, so if everyone doesn't participate, it just means more business for those who do.

Anyway, I guess I'm "in" by default since I've been busy hunting and not styling lately.

I see where you are coming from Fliss, but i dont compare this to the pilot mafia at all.. we would be trying to keep the costs down - at the moment in auction, there are a number of auctions for colour sets starting at 3 ped each with a buyout of 5ped. Now as I am sure you are aware, there is not way you can profit (or break even) on colouring at 3 ped each let alone 5 ped each, which means if they stay at this price we will all have no choice but to put our prices up... I am quiet sure the comunitiy will not want that! - The reference to TT fodder was more of a joke ;) I think a price of 1 ped each is fair and it what it was before the resellers got involved.

Yes, the comunity may not be happy about no colouring for a while, but the end result is we can keep the charges down (where as the pilot mafia increased the price saying they would fly for three people and then greed got a hold of them... and they still fly with four at the increased price)

This is against the resellers, not the customers and not the hunters ;)

Last edited:
Mhhh...Just a little thing about that... i'm sure customers would understand the reason of the strike, but they'll wait a decrease of coloring prices too... :scratch2:

And after having advertised in town for a week now, i can say lot of ppl would like to change color if it was cheaper... ==> need more Hair color... and in the end, i think it won't change anything... :dunno:

Hunting cala to loot some... could be nice with a decent drop rate... a mate did a 400ped ammo run on them to get only 6 hair color set... And with more than 40ped loss...

But maybe organizing some event on calamusoid with an haircut as reward?
Most hair color looted in 2 hours win? (It's PVP so even more fun :handgun: )

Anyway, if you wanna try a strike, i'm in (yeah i'm french :laugh: ).

Wasnt thinking of a price drop, more of a price leveling. They way it is atm there will be no choice but for eveyone to increase their prices... look at the auctions you just won at 3 ped each... if someone comes to you with light brown hair and wants white, you will be looking at about 15 colour sets... at 3 ped each is 45 ped. Dont know about you, but I only charge 35 ped for that and i for one am not paying out of my own pocket to keep the comunitiy looking snazzy :D

I think organizing events etc in PvP1 would help. Was thinking about bonues for globals in there etc. Perhaps if everyone could write a support ticket about the hair colour drop rate we could persuade MA to fix it.... feel free to copy and paste the one i sent in this thread ;)

i belive 1 ped per piece was realy high already :p

I stoped buying hair color sets once they reached that price .. so you have my full support for full hair color set embargo...

Although i plan to continue to color peoples hair on the same basis that iv been doing for a while ... you bring me the color sets i'll color your hair for free ... i dont mind coloring peoples hair if they go through the trouble of hunting calamusoids to loot the sets ... but i refuse to buy any at these silly prices :)

If everyone signs up for taking the coloring off our service list i will too ...

Ido

:yay: #9 unlocked :yay:

Skills:
Hairstylist : 1426
Plastic surgery: 587
Genetics :343
Prof standing:
GCS0364small_355215.jpg

:wtg: :wtg:

Just in time... only 2 gel remaining :laugh:

Last edited:
Gratz sorg!

Ok, so people in so far:

Pinky,
Sorg,
Felicity,
Ido...

not a bad start for such a short space of time ;)

Just to clarify also, I think resellers was a bad choice of wording on my part. I have no issues with Resellers and actually use them frequently as people that buy up lots of small quantaties of gel spray etc etc and then come to me with bulk supplies. I am happy to pay these people 5-10% more than the going rate as it saves me time and effort. This is about market manipulators - people who are buying up all available supplies in order to drive the price up to silly levels and then sell at those levels to make their profits. Sadley, we are such a small market, this can be done with our products with very little money...

Isnt the problem here the drop rate of colour sets and as usual resellers just compound the issue with taking opportunity of this poor drop rate? I tried hunting Calamusoids they other day. Stopped after 20k ammo mainly because i was bored and a soc mate wanted to go on a team hunt that sounded much more interesting. From that 20k ammo i got 2 colour sets. Those that skill tailoring are having the same issues with Fine/Thin wool currently as the drop rate for that has also been mismanaged by MA :rolleyes:

As a sidenote: I hunt umbs on a regular basis for wools and just let my hairspray mount up in storage. Im sure there are other hunters that do the same with their hairspray. So if a member of this guild wants to buy direct from source im quite happy to sell at a fair price.

I've been talking with Rooney about the high prices of Beautymaterials before, we had a long discussion and at the end I made the suggestion of offering players a steady income.

For example we say we will buy Gel/spray at a steady rate of 120% And we buy Hair color sets for 50 pec each. If we all agree about these prices (just examples) we sort of get a monopoly, who wants to sell the color sets for 2 ped if 90% of the Hair designers buys them for max 50 pec each ??

Of course its something that needs to be worked out and we must agree that we all follow the rules of this "pact" All though I find it a really good idea I'd love to get some response on your opinions and further working this out.

Sincerely

Zilly

How about we buy all materials at 120% including hair color sets

and like we used to do some time ago restrain ourselves from overbiding on auction ? the first one to spot the item gets it ? that was realy funny :p but then the people who bid to buy not use the item spoiled all the fun...

fixed 120% on all materials sounds good to me .. although i used to pay 110% ... but if this is to help the prices stay low im all for it

Ido

As a hunter, i'm pretty sure a part of ppl farming calamusoid are hunting them to get the nice markup on hair color. The average return rate from loot pool is around 90% or so, so the 10% have to be paid by others players if you want to break even or make profit... I farmed molisk, fouls and gradivore for the high markup on common stuff dropped by them. Molisk teeths get from 1k% to 600% so i stopped, fouls bones decreased too, and gradivore wool from 460% to 300% now...
And after a hunt, most hunter look PEacution prices, and if markup is under 110%,they TT it... (i do :laugh: )

Sorg dont you think your being hypocritical if you take advantage of poor drop rates like the Molisk teeth drop rate a few months back, but then complain about high % when beauty products have poor drop rates like colour sets?

Its ok to take advantage of tailors that are skilling, but not beauticians? :(

tho im not online much nowadays.. i think this will be a good idea at least on OUR side of the chess set.

i agree for a fixed price of buying materials. 1st one see it 1st one get it in auc. for eg. if Ido bid at about 120% for certain hairgel and i see it i will not bid on it. of coz we are not talking about private trades here.

this move will serve a few positives:
1. we will keep hair prices competitive and not raise up due to us falling into the rising % of hair stuff set by aucs.

2. this will also make us guild members not overbid each other in auc and keep a good state of relationship

3. since we will be buying at the same rates (hopefully) whenever we are in need of some hairstuff, we can easily sell to each other at the same un-ambigious rate. this will further promote guild relations. get the friendlists!!!!

4. keeping the % at a reasonable 120% etc.. will help us to skill more economically (if u all havent noticed the last sucess rates in new VU!!!! :mad: ) and this will further enable us to learn more new styles and better service the public

however there will be some negatives too
1. we will be viewed as mafia

2. there will be some hairstylists who dun give a damn and have a chance to monopolise the supply by say ... buying at 5% more than our fixed price... everyone will sell to him/her and choke our supply

Another suggestion i have been thinking is this

1. we all in guild set a standard rate for haircuts, do not undercut each other. if one tries to undercut one another all will only suffer

2. for eg: when i 1st started out. i priced myself at slightly cheaper than pinky for the basic cuts (10ped) pinky was selling at 12 ped. and when i hit coloring, i moved the basic cuts up to 12 ped to match pinky and priced my coloring at slightly lower than pinky's. this will enable newer ppl to join in and start pricing at 10 peds and hopefully when they hit coloring they will move price accordingly.

3. so in the end we will all have the same price for experienced hairstylists and new comer hairstylists.. this will serve us to be organised and not kill each other out there... i tell u.. there are more than enuff customers out there to make this profession enjoyable. (i think:scratch2: ....)

Finally a radical suggestion..this is an almost too utopian suggestion to work..but i will still suggest...

1. why not get all of us in the guild to be of the same soc? we will operate like a mini salon guild. we will also hire employees who do the pulling of customers in game and pay them a cut of the profits from hair cut and we hairstylist operate on a turn by turn basis

eg:

a) Zilly and Pinky and employee 1 is logged on in soc.
b) Employee gets a customer who need haircut.
c) customer checks out the website to see ALL AVAILABLE cuts the SALON as a WHOLE can offer.
d) customer chooses cut #3
e) it is Zilly's turn, zilly is able to do cut#3 and zilly attends to him
d) zilly pays employee a profit cut and next will be pinky's turn

another situation.
a) Zilly and Pinky and employee 1 is logged on in soc.
b) Employee gets a customer who need haircut.
c) customer checks out the website to see ALL AVAILABLE cuts the SALON as a WHOLE can offer.
d) customer chooses cut #18
e) it is Zilly's turn, zilly is unable to do cut#18 therefore passes it to Pinky
d) pinky pays employee 1 a profit cut and next will still be zilly's turn

u all get the idea yea??? its just ramblings now and comments welcome... im ready to be flamed for the crap ideas too lol...

Sorg dont you think your being hypocritical if you take advantage of poor drop rates like the Molisk teeth drop rate a few months back, but then complain about high % when beauty products have poor drop rates like colour sets?

Its ok to take advantage of tailors that are skilling, but not beauticians? :(

:scratch2:

That's not what i wanted to say. I never tried to take advantage of any, just that the high % on some stuff help to break even on hunt when farming a mob. By hunting molisk or foul, i think i helped more the taylors than the one who hunt ambu or longu all day long for instance. ;)

Imo, a strike on hair color wouldn't lead anything good since most calamusoid hunter would go for another mob with a high % markup (molisk, foul, gradivore, warrior for ESI...).

Back