The Hangar Owners

i dont see what the problem is?

your ship can still provide the same function as before.

But now we have other options to travel in space

But you have an advantage over quads/vtol with your warp drive, as i said before, the price of which is passed onto the customer not the owner

You might not generate the same income as before as your customer base is smaller as people who are not carrying loot and dont mind the long flights will travel in quads/vtol

But as for your hanger on the planet having no function, is the ability to land at the hanger really going to improve your service??? i think not. The non functioning Hanger is irrelevent i feel

I have no problem with that - the problem is when it is at someone elses expense and for a system that has never been related to this system or space

So you would rather it was at the hangar owners expense?

The point is the system has been changed hangar owners have to adapt so do players. All your doing is saying basically saying the system is different. Yes we know it's different. The charges would be reallocated but overall it would be more convenient and cheaper. Still at some loss to hangar owners <sarcasm on> but no we can't have that can we must be 100% loss to hangar owners :) <sarcasm off>

wait when did i say i didn't want you to make money with your hangar...

look the hangar ships can be used RIGHT now..... so i don't see how your complaining..... and let me put it this was...... the MS i ran has made MORE then 10k in less time then your hangars did...
oh wait for it..... i worked the MS to drum up business and stuck to it... and yes you can too....
geez.
seriously.....
why do you need MA to hand you easy work?
why not get your hands alittle worked sometimes.......

Again i will repeat myself..... MA has handed you the TOOLS now use them

Hangar owners had a monopoly before now they don't. This causes a loss in income. That's a fact. Would you rather the old hangar system where you had to wait for pilots was re-established?

i dont see what the problem is?

The monopoly hangar owners had is gone.

Hangers in EU...
hangmans-noose-300x225.jpg

Honestly, it might be a neat idea to make it be for hanger owners only ON CALYPSO. Let other beacons out in space be for any ship.

Last edited:
dont get mad about investing money in a video game dont put in this game what ur not ready to lose

So you would rather it was at the hangar owners expense?

Not adding beacons to hangars would not be "at the hangar owners expensive", as it was not there to begin with :tongue2:

The monopoly hangar owners had is gone.

Im sure you said in an earlier post you where not against VTOL/quad, and that everyone can get a feel for space, but from your last few post it seem that the VTOL quad pilots offering a cheaper service is your biggest problem??

You could always fly trips in a quad, then you will be a part of the 'monopoly' again ;)

But your biggest disadvantage is the cost of using warp drive because of the availibilty of certain parts, But the introduction of beacon mission might make these parts more availible, and so bring the cost of warp drive down, then you will be in a much better position.

I feel you just have to be a little more patient and your time will come. Maybe sooner than you think, space has changed so much since it introduction which wasnt very long ago

A game doesn't grow on monopoloy.....
key words YOU HAD such things and if you didn't earn your money back then... Welcome to the FUTURE!!!!

but if you insist on playing monopoloy i will buy boardwalk thanks...
*rolls six* moves his car six places.

I think it would be a reasonable idea to give hagar owners a compensatory income via beacons or similar, however, I don't think it will happen. From what I can piece together, it seems it all went like this:

SDS: MA, we have promised people they get hangars back, we really need to build these!
MA: umm... ok, sure, go ahead
<SDS builds hangars>
SDS: MA, where are the ships to be put in hangars?
MA: umm... ships in hangars? Umm... not sure where we are on that, still figuring out space. Release hangars and come back later
<SDS releases hangars>
Hangar owners: Hey, and what about using the hangars?
<SEE runs out of money, SDS exit stage left>
MA: Come all ye rich people and buy motherships!
MA: Hey former spaceship owners, here are your spaceships back!
<Silence from MA. Hangars not included in space design. >

Seriously, there is no evidence that Hangar buildings are, or are planned to be, part of space or anything else. Hangars or continuity for previous spaceships were simply not part of the design. Yes, there is a possibility that these might be, but for now it seems that the only function for hangars is to stand as artefacts of a previous, bygone era. The lasting silence should be enough of a sign for everybody.

So its just a fancy estate with an open area where you can park your atmospheric ship, have private terminals and so on.

Mmm I don't see why beacons should suddenly be related to hangars they never have been and imo they shouldn't be.

I would vote for help the hangar owners... just like I'd vote for:

- help the ones that got their MF skill MU values reduced by the introduction of SME

- help the ones that had the MU of their things go down (Res+WH chips, medusa apps etc) coz MA took the functionality down for ½-2 years

- help the ones that suffered big losses by a sudden tiering upgrade system change implemented by MindArk

- help the ones that lost a great deal of peds during SGA where MA implied things were lootable while they weren't at all yet

- help the ones that shot a lot of PED at objects moving 3D and no hit or miss nor fail got registered, but decay and ammo were used (Steelbirds, Aetherax?)

- help the ones that had (a) top class scanner(s) after which MA decided to nerf them bigtime also skilling with them, bye 4-11k PED

- help the ones that have not been rewarded by the (faulty?) loot algorithm even perhaps?

There's probably many more I'd like to see helped just as much if not more...
And how about people that had all of the above but they did not own a hangar?

I think it would be a reasonable idea to give hagar owners a compensatory income via beacons or similar, however, I don't think it will happen. From what I can piece together, it seems it all went like this:

SDS: MA, we have promised people they get hangars back, we really need to build these!
MA: umm... ok, sure, go ahead
<SDS builds hangars>
SDS: MA, where are the ships to be put in hangars?
MA: umm... ships in hangars? Umm... not sure where we are on that, still figuring out space. Release hangars and come back later
<SDS releases hangars>
<SEE runs out of money, SDS exit stage left>
MA: Come all ye rich people and buy motherships!
MA: Hey former spaceship owners, here are your spaceships back!
<Silence from MA. Hangars not included in space design. >

Seriously, there is no evidence that Hangar buildings are, or are planned to be, part of space or anything else. Hangars or continuity for previous spaceships were simply not part of the design. Yes, there is a possibility that these might be, but for now it seems that the only function for hangars is to stand as artefacts of a previous, bygone era. The lasting silence should be enough of a sign for everybody.

So its just a fancy estate with an open area where you can park your atmospheric ship, have private terminals and so on.

What benifit would landing the ship at the hangers give??? none at all IMHO, the non functioning hanger has nothing to do with the owners not making any revenue, and is a pointless agrument i feel.

Once warp drive becomes cheaper then im sure they will see more buisness

Well - i am not really in the position to participate in this discussion as i have never owned a hangar nor will - but i might be able to push this into a more civilized direction.

Buisness in EU always meant you had to be creative in your thinking. No one ever made a good business just by using the existing game mechnics - but they did good business by combining the mechanics with some additonal out-of-the-box thinking.

The ships are not totally worthless as so often stated above - they have some outstanding capacities that other ships dont have. Crafters and miners do travel a lot between the different planets as there are lots of buisness opportunities there and in the transport between planets as well. Any transport involves high risks when one intends to move stuff - especially stackables. Transportation business is more than just picking up a single person - think bigger. There are 3 planets who all have their particular outstanding material, BPs etc - stuff needs to be moved between them!

Fill your hangars with shopkeepers and needed stuff and pick up your customers at your hangar and fly them with a quad or VTOL to the privateers. Full service providers so to say. I could extend this list further - but i hope the idea is clear - dont just rely on simple game mechnics - be creative. That was always the strength of EU players!

What benifit would landing the ship at the hangers give??? none at all IMHO, the non functioning hanger has nothing to do with the owners not making any revenue, and is a pointless agrument i feel.

Once warp drive becomes cheaper then im sure they will see more buisness

2 ppl max in vtol/quad
say 1 is providing service, 1 is custumor
decay on L thruster to go into space = cost for 1 custumor + 2 ped landing fee to get back

Pretty sure if privateers would be able to land/takeoff with the ul thruster they got, they could provide it cheaper to groups of 5.
Even if it's just to drop them off at css where they all use their own quad/vtol.

2 ppl max in vtol/quad
say 1 is providing service, 1 is custumor
decay on L thruster to go into space = cost for 1 custumor + 2 ped landing fee to get back

Pretty sure if privateers would be able to land/takeoff with the ul thruster they got, they could provide it cheaper to groups of 5.
Even if it's just to drop them off at css where they all use their own quad/vtol.

Yes this would seem as a simple logical answear to my question, but the truth behind this is will it bring customers to the privateers who intend to travel through space with out any stackable items? I dont think so, if you can do it yourself why pay another to do it?

The main advantage for the privateers is the warp drive, people with stackables will need a safer way to travel as we all know.

Landing on the planet will make the logistics of everything easier but isnt going to solve the high cost issues

Yes this would seem as a simple logical answear to my question, but the truth behind this is will it bring customers to the privateers who intend to travel through space with out any stackable items? I dont think so, if you can do it yourself why pay another to do it?

The main advantage for the privateers is the warp drive, people with stackables will need a safer way to travel as we all know.

Landing on the planet will make the logistics of everything easier but isnt going to solve the high cost issues

It would be an additional way to get some income.
Why use it?
Couse it would be cheaper then doing it yourself.
If you wonna move stackables... log off on a MS, it was confirmed by MA several months ago that it's not an exploit but a feature.

Edit : Warps are here for those who wonna be 99% safe & have a time issue

Edit : Warps are here for those who wonna be 99% safe & have a time issue

Which is usually true for more than 90% of the potential customers :)

Maybe some of the current methods in place will change over time. What would happen if you could only be summoned to a Mother ship from a Space Station? And the only way to get to Space Station is by Personal Craft or by a ride in a Privateer.

Not sure how to work out the FOMA and CP parts but something similar I suppose, like perhaps you can only get there by landing in the hanger deck. If you are with a bunch of mates a Privateer ride would fit best.

Space will get bigger no doubt. Mother ships will fill that part nicely as they do now. Someday if we have to defend our respective planets from some heinous robot invasion all ships will be involved in that I suspect.

Off Topic - Beacons: I still want to take the fight to Akbal-Cimi and mess with them for a change. Was hoping Beacons would deliver us there!!

Last edited:
Back