• yes

Votes: 113 68.5%
  • no

Votes: 52 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kees

Old
The laste few days there were some uber "n00b HOFs" like a 2,5k Daikiba Mature and a 700 snablesnot m young.

Its great for those who get it, but not for those who don't (yes, like me)
Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining. But I think a n00b will be just as happy when getting a 50 ped global including the swirlies. So you can have 50 people having a good day instead of 1. Ofcourse, it's a nice start ingame getting 2,5k but 50 ped is sufficient too for buying a beginner armor (pixie) and some ammo.

It would also be better for the EU, because much more beginners will like the game if they get 50 ped within a few days or weeks. They will stick around and, there you have it, get addicted and won't stop playing.

I would like to have some reactions and discussion.

Everyone could use a uber and these loots are also one of the draws that some players anticipate prior to joining EU. They show that everyone has a chance as it should be.

I've been ingame quite some time & my best loot was an uber fauc after days of shitloots no matter what i did, so i think they should stay
& no, the fauc didn't cover loss for the bad period completely

true, but with the smaller globals it would be possible for more players to get started, hunt bigger mobs and get the uber anyway

I definately see your point, and it is a good one. However, the very fact that you could HOF on anything gives incentive to keep at it. So, yeah maybe it should definately lean towards small globals more, but HOFs should still happen.

Lets just hope we never see a "noob ATH", unless it's me of course :rolleyes:

This topic has only been started and ended twenty times. Usually by someone who thinks they are deserving of such a hof, and aren't. The answers, flames, taunts, tantrums, and blubbering can be found in the other threads.

I voted yes, but really, no hof and globals would be the best. The loot should reflect the expense.

This would take some of the fun out of it though.

In anycase, the chance that those who ight deserve a 6 digit ath actually get's it is slim at best, thus they should be removed and the peds added to the regular lootpool.

I definately see your point, and it is a good one. However, the very fact that you could HOF on anything gives incentive to keep at it. So, yeah maybe it should definately lean towards small globals more, but HOFs should still happen.

Lets just hope we never see a "noob ATH", unless it's me of course :rolleyes:

but there is some in mining lol

well, before getting rid of the 700 snables and 2.5k daikis , maybe get rid of the 40 000 aurli etc first

i like those kind of hofs tbh

i mean it is a good thing if you can actually get a hof without having to hunt stuff which costs an equivalent of a small car RL

i really don't see a reason to complain about it

if it seems that those mobs are so good to hunt, why don't you, and stick to whatever you do hunt instead?
to get a 20k atrox maybe?
guess the chances for a 2.5k daiki are similar there

so, just let ppl hof on small mobs, so they might be able to afford some equipment needed for bigger ones (and to lose more again :silly2:)

define noob hof. recently a friend of mine with about 230k total skill had a big combibo hof is this considered a noob hof? :laugh:

No...It's really a whine...

Its great for those who get it, but not for those who don't (yes, like me)
Don't get me wrong, i'm not whining.

I would like to have some reactions and discussion.

Another oldtimer whining and dancing the oldtimer shuffle and singing the..."new players don't deserve a big HOF when I'm not getting any...after all I've been here a gazillion years and I've depostied a gazillion peds...don't I deserve a better return on investment...it even if it's supposed to be random...blues":rolleyes:

What I think we should do is reduce all HOF's to a 100-5000 ped maximum and spread the wealth equally across the board...Skilled older players already a benefit from bigger more expensive drops from the bigger mobs they are able to hunt with more efficency and mine with better equipment and manufacture with better blueprints...and can sell there skill and chips that's the benfit...not preferentail treatment in the amount of HOF's or Globals....and If isn't random then it should be...:)

and there should also be 2 Peds iHOF's in Sweating, Fruit and Dung picking...:cool:

define noob hof. recently a friend of mine with about 230k total skill had a big combibo hof is this considered a noob hof? :laugh:

I think we are just talking about the size of the mob verse the size of the loot. The wider the swing, the more of a "noob hof", not who it is that got it. Though the argument will be made about total individual input and that the game is still just paying you back.

And that's a more interesting question, are true begginers getting hofs? Anyone know of one?

I
And that's a more interesting question, are true begginers getting hofs? Anyone know of one?

I did about four weeks into the game I hit a well deserved 856 ped mining HOF...:yay:

I did about four weeks into the game I hit a well deserved 856 ped mining HOF...:yay:

Well deserved? Just curious why you say that, did you strictly mine 24/7 for those four weeks putting in insane manhours, chip, etc?

I mean that's awesome and gratz, but 4 weeks in I still got excited to get a piece of armor or fap-5 in the loot window. To me a HOF like that so soon seems like just good luck? Either way that's awesome for you, and answers the question. :wtg:

Best armour loot I have had in one drop in my time is 3 pixie gloves, 1 arm guards and emik(L) pistol...that was a good snable all things considered...

Just collected me another fap10 and some shogun gloves after game came back online...I like the little items picked up though if it isnt "no loot" it is always oil residue which isnt even worth picking up considered how many bullets I go through lol

every little helps though

Let's give this some perspective. If you look at the chat window, you constantly see globals go by, and a fair amount of hofs. Ubers are like 10 a day or something like that. You can be out hunting all day and not get one global.

Here's an uneducated hypothesis:
There's a distribution curve with a very sharp peak, and 99% of the curve is around the "minimum loot" limit. Even if they cut the 'uber peak' in half, it would hardly be noticed in the overall loot.

Any takers? :)

Well deserved? Just curious why you say that, did you strictly mine 24/7 for those four weeks putting in insane manhours, chip, etc?

I mean that's awesome and gratz, but 4 weeks in I still got excited to get a piece of armor or fap-5 in the loot window. To me a HOF like that so soon seems like just good luck? Either way that's awesome for you, and answers the question. :wtg:

I deserved it because...I'm a girl...and needed to get a wardrobe that went beyond Starship Troopers and the last girl standing at a Star Trek convention...;) plus the goddess of HOF's loves me...and the day before I lured an unspecting male into the PVP and sacrificed him for the sins of man...and a HOF...in life crystals...which I combined with dung to create fertilizer...which was used to complete the life cycle...of the poor sacrificed soul of a boy...:)

Great..another one that makes comments on noob mob hofs... i have had a 4.2k on a combibo..and i know i deserved it after hunting them for a year and spending way above what i hof'd on them...what's to say that other recent hof's have not been deserved ?

And you say that a noob would be just as happy to get 50 ped global ??... oh please get your head out of your arse.

Yes. Last summer, i met a guy in Settler wandering along the beach SE of Port Atlantis and wondering why he died so fast. I told him how useless Settler is and gave some other (i believe good) advice; he added me to the FL in case he'd have other questions. On the next day, he messaged me to tell that moments after our conversation he dropped a probe and hit >800 PED Melchi.

Humm ok now my question is what is a legit non noob hof then?

Mob with 500 health?

1000 health?

2000 health?

Just curious :cool:

And where do you draw the line at a noob HOF?
Dont get me wrong, I do shrugg when I see a 2k chirpy or daik young, but I also do when I see 20k atrox young after spending the day hunting Alpha's and getting jack shit (not uber mob but u get my drift), or spending the weekend on CP and seeing 40k aurli go off.
Some HOF are deserved no doubt, ppl spend weeks/months hunting those, but if that uber HOF was split in 10, would they really mind? wouldn't that make 10 more ppl that much happier? I think so.

I'm not even sure what point I'm trying to make here, just that it can happen on any mob/maturity that is hunted a lot. That's the "dynamic" part of our universe... and anything can and will happen to anyone.

What's MA reasoning behind it? who knows, hell I hunt little trox once in a while just to get a go at that big one, I hunt big trox because I enjoy the hunt... isin't that why I pay for my entertainment?

just my :twocents:

Time played: 4 years
Money deposited: $2000+
peds cycled: +1.000.000 peds (this is actually true. Was kinda amased my self when I did the math)
Number of hofs: 3
Largest hof: 2000 ped (on simple I plastic ruds)
Best loot: 65.60 ped ESI
Hours spend in game: I dare not speculate about this.

Do I believe I deserve a 6 digit hof?: Yes
Do I believe that some deserve it more?: yes
Do I believe that those who get the big ones are the right people?: no
Am i whinning?: Yes and I do believe I have a reason for it.
Am I tired of those who have spend 2 hour killing chirpys and them complaining that they never had a hof?: Yes

Do I believe that the big hofs should be destributed differently in order to make it possible for people to play the game without depositing hundrets on dollars per month? Yes, but I am also sure that it would take some of the fun out of the game.

Am I tired of losing?: Thats a BIG yes!

@kosmos

IMHO, you should not expect a global on a mob with less than 500 hp. Then the question is how big a global has to be in order to qualify as a hof, but lets say 250 peds. That is 5*500 = 2500 hps. I've never killed anything like that, at least not very often and this may be the reason that i haven't had one single hunting hof in 4 years. It sucks.

I'm sure that's well deserved, only took me a bit over 1.5 years and lvl 29.5 prospector to get my biggest mining hof of 826 peds :)

Its fine the way it is.It gives more incentive for people to play when anyone can get the big score.Of course the more you hunt the better the odds. Me? Hell I still am an item whore.I dont care if its a window full of ttables for 2 ped like a fap 5,some pixi and a scrub gun.I want items lol.

I'm sure that's well deserved, only took me a bit over 1.5 years and lvl 29.5 prospector to get my biggest mining hof of 826 peds :)

That's because you were undeserving...;)

I wouldn't want the loot to change. I think they are just fine. 2k ped exas and daikibas means alot to the low level hunters and give then a chance to upgrade and move on, even if they are rare. same with the 20-25k troxies, they are jackpot loots that let the medium hunter invest in higher end armor or possibly an UL SIB. I am not a hardcore hunter, but i spend about 1500 ped in decay/ammo each day. I keep on grinding just for that eventual 20k pedder. If i knew that 2k ped hofs were the best i could get, then grinding wouldn't be much fun. a 2k ped loot for a medium hunter (150+ hp) is just more ammo. I could deposit 2k ped, but i can't deposit 20k ped.

same with the dome 3/4 grinders with armor and weapons worth well above 150k ped, and the fact that many of them cycle like 4k ped a day. I think they deserve the occational 50k pedder. And one day I will be there, grinding those aliens with my higher end gear that i could afford when i hit the jackpot at ithaca after grinding dinosaurs for a year or two ;)

i just think we need less ath's, and more loot ... i'm really tired to have 8 or more creatures at a row without any loot, i'm also tired to have rounds whit 20% payback.

Some ATH's are ok, but are we really need each day one, and all others pay for this? I'm sure the game play fun would increase whit better loot... and just less ATH's and trox young 20K hofs. We all need the feeling and the hope of some good payback. But atm , if i go out for hunt, im 98% sure i will be a loser. This way i do less hunt. Where is the hope to win some thing? but all this is my opinion;)

Info

IMHO, you should not expect a global on a mob with less than 500 hp. Then the question is how big a global has to be in order to qualify as a hof, but lets say 250 peds. That is 5*500 = 2500 hps. I've never killed anything like that, at least not very often and this may be the reason that i haven't had one single hunting hof in 4 years. It sucks.

Hello,

You can expect a global or HOF anytime in right period of time, in active places at all times, Dont you think it has a "system data" behind this all? Like "Stryktipset" in SWEDEN that all teams go good and bad in sooccer, or better example, "Keno" as it randomish money in the data systems machine, Nah, pure failure! as they can't control it, it has a system in all ways.

Ofcourse its a system and skills are a plus to get extra credit in EU.

TIME+MOBS STAMINA+X MOBS KILLED= Sure a global in a active area, maybe a HOF depends how many globals droped, none global at peroid of time, often HOF in my experience, well its so i got them anyway.

All loot is build in my theroy, in a "average loot" average loot + few no loots = GLOBAL 1 loot, usually

An area could be build in anyway, like triangle or rectangle divided in percent, X Average X mobs, word densitity.

think about it! How the system is build or its just joke? Randomished bs. Nah System have also earth so we could be created in anyway. Dynamic in statement maybe, just a word.

tips is to camp that mob good or bad times til you see your timestample and just try that time that gave you before. just my 2 pecs. GL

On an average day there is globals worth far far beyond 330.000 PED.
A 10K HoF is like 3% of that day's total globals. You have to remember a single loot like that really "looks big", but in relation to the entire sum of the globals in one day - it dosent matter much.

(The really big ones - 40K for instance, happen very very rarely, and usually the summed global value for those days are increased by roughly the "uber value"...)

Back