The Little pilot screwed???

Atlan Leticron

Old Alpha
Society
Calypso Desert Rangers
Atlan "Ion" Leticron
"I can now confirm that offline transport is possible and reliable in motherships."
"Just join the crew at the end of your ingame session and be at your desired target on the next day at the start of your ingame session."

How do little pilots have to compete with this???

We can't afford a big ship and we are forced to fly stackables.
No way we can do that save, like the vehicle option was removed last VU.

It was called a exploit.

But on a MS you can board on planet A, log off and play hoochy coochy with your wife while loaded with stackables and you simply log on when the ship arrives at planet b.
And no way you can be looted.

And this is not a exploit???

It is a exploit in my book, and we little pilots can not compete.
I am fine if bigger ships have a advantage over smaller ones, like more passengers etc.
But this is not fun anymore.

Regards,
Ion

Last edited:
What happens if your passenger logs off mid flight?

But on a MS you can board on planet A, log off and play hoochy coochy with your wife while loaded with stackables and you simply log on when the ship arrives at planet b.
And no way you can be looted.

now that sounds like a plan!

To keep it clear.

I don't blame MS owners.
They just use the system as it is offered to them.

Regards,
Ion

They just use the system as it is offered to them.

Regards,
Ion

People who use VTOL-hunting do so as well. I don't blame them either. Last year it's just MA fuck up after MA fuck up... It saddens me...

Eeerriiee.... Ghost ships are flying through EU space....

did you think they paied 95K for extra leg space?

If you don't like it file support cases. I doubt it's what MA intended.

The same should work for Privateers too then.

Well then perhaps you need to contract with a buddy who also has a ship. Get them to fly stackable laden passengers to other planets . Then when they get into pvp space you simply kill and loot them all while your buddy allows it to happen and split the proceeds. Nobody has done this yet? I`m surprised! Damn slacking exploiters! :laugh:

................................................................................

Last edited:
Can the MS owner kick the offline passenger off guest list? Yeah, just drop my corpse off in space near the arkaidia space station...:yay:

they cant fix this it has to stay what if your power goes out or u crash wich is likey and MA's fault youll have ppl filing support for compinsation.

actually i like this system now it means avg joe with vtol is NOT the same as mother ship and looting players is for those hunting in space not so much transporting goods. not a bad concept then.

Can the MS owner kick the offline passenger off guest list? Yeah, just drop my corpse off in space near the arkaidia space station...:yay:

The Vega class ship has a terminal that enables a passenger to kick himself from the ship guest list... you end up in the nearest revival(after a little time in space) just do it yourself :)

Oh, ..... does a MS have the same function?

The Vega class ship has a terminal that enables a passenger to kick himself from the ship guest list... you end up in the nearest revival(after a little time in space) just do it yourself :)

Oh, ..... does a MS have the same function?

Yup!

I think the overnight transporting is a nice way of the ms owner clawing back a tiny bit of income from their huge expense.

Last edited:
they cant fix this it has to stay what if your power goes out or u crash wich is likey and MA's fault youll have ppl filing support for compinsation.

actually i like this system now it means avg joe with vtol is NOT the same as mother ship and looting players is for those hunting in space not so much transporting goods. not a bad concept then.

Can't keep a bug in case other bugs happen.

I think it's pretty clear that MA wanted transport of stackables to involve risk. They wouldn't design it so you can log off and be safe. If they wanted it to be safe, they would have just designed it so flying on a mothership/privateer was 100% safe.

VTOL is not the same as mothership/privateer now. MS/P can probably be made quite formidable with SI/repair/firepower, plus some stuff to come, plus the passenger capacity. VTOL is nothing compared to that.

Ive seen a lot of solution suggestions... but none that really worked well so far I think. My best suggestion (atm) would be to introduce a third 'logged in' state on MS and privateers.... one where the avatar is constantly logged in but uncontrolled (and not able to man any stations/ seats etc. in the ship). The player owning the afk-avatar can still log back in and take control at any time.

If the ship is shot down the afk-avatar is treated like any other onboard avatar.
The captain of the ship should in guest list be able to see avatar status (i.e. 'live' avatars and afk-avatars) and will be able to kick them out of the ship if need be (crowded ship e.g.). If kicked the afk-avatar is treated like any other avatar.

When the afk-avatar is no longer on the ship a normal 20 sec logout procedure is initiated.

Afk-avatars should not be visible inside ship. Only visible when ship was destroyed.

/Sbi

Last edited:
Ive seen a lot of solution suggestions... but none that really worked well so far I think. My best suggestion (atm) would be to introduce a third 'logged in' state on MS and privateers.... one where the avatar is constantly logged in but uncontrolled (and not able to man any stations/ seats etc. in the ship). The player owning the afk-avatar can still log back in and take control at any time.

If the ship is shot down the afk-avatar is treated like any other onboard avatar.
The captain of the ship should in guest list be able to see avatar status (i.e. 'live' avatars and afk-avatars) and will be able to kick them out of the ship if need be (crowded ship e.g.). If kicked the afk-avatar is treated like any other avatar.

When the afk-avatar is no longer on the ship a normal 20 sec logout procedure is initiated.

/Sbi

Or maybe just allow avatars who logged off on the mothership to be thrown in space and looted if ship is blown.

Or maybe just allow avatars who logged off on the mothership to be thrown in space and looted if ship is blown.

would require them to be loaded instantly when the ship was shot down... possible? Perhaps?... I don't know :)
+ what then after they had been floating around... should they stay online? (and make it impossible for the player to not log in?).

And I do NOT think they should be auto looted or items put in ship storage... would make it FAAAR too easy for PVP'ers compared to now.

Last edited:
ahhh .. cryogenic sleep is non-lootable.

i say just send them to the closest space station when logging out from a mothership.. of course that doesn't help for cryogenic unpluging ("random" disconnects).

- ; )

ahhh .. cryogenic sleep is non-lootable.

i say just send them to the closest space station when logging out from a mothership.. of course that doesn't help for cryogenic unpluging ("random" disconnects).

- ; )

No. This would be bad if a crew member has a CTD or unintended disconnect. Ship owners would basically lose their crew this way due to CTDs and random disconnects.

Last edited:
No. This would be bad if a crew member has a CTD or unintended disconnect. Ship owners would basically loose their crew this way due to CTDs and random disconnects.

As happens now with other crews as well.

I say all the same or non at all.

MS have advantages over smaller ships, than thats fine.

Regards,
Ion

Last edited:
nvm.........

Back