The lowest configuration you can run PE on ...

AJack10600

Elite
Society
SPU ¦ Smart Professionals United
Larios Semai Niva
I was wondering, what was the lowest PC configuration you could play PE on in a decent manner .... Please feel free to state your PC configuration, (CPU speed, Grafix, Ram) and internet connection. But I don't want to know of any high end settings (no this is not the place to show off) but the low end ... So if you think your PC is slow and you can play PE on it ... please reply. Thx ;)

No point I think.. If I have high end, cannot post, if I have low end, prolly am not playing.

Edit: Ok rered the message again it makes sense,,, sorry been very drunk today.

Hmmm... Its almost embarassing to admit this, but I play PE on an old dual P3 450MHz machine with 512Mb SDRAM, 100MHz FSB, and an old NVidia GForce2 Ultra (64Mb i think), with a 4Meg Internet connection.

To be honest, I don't have too many probs with this setup, the frame rates suck in PA and Twin, and during robot attacks, but most of the time it works fine.

After I visit Twin or PA, the memory usage is upto around 650Mb, and as PE doesn't seem to hot on releasing memory, the swap file kicks in and the performance drops. So i simply relog.

Admittedly, when running PE I do turn all the services off, (ie server, auto updates, task scheduler, etc etc) but this is mainly a memory issue rather than a performance issue.

So there you go :D

I was playing on a Duron1200 with 256MB RAM and a 64MB Geforce4 videocard for quite a while, worked acceptable in realy all places except PA and Twin Peaks.. A friend was playing on even crappier system - 700-800MHz (don't remember) and 192MB of RAM, was working OK too except in busy areas :cool:

i can log in and play with an old dell dimension desktop I have.

650 mhz - pIII - 32mb nvideo card. 128 mb ram. I have a dsl connection with 4mb down and 512 up (i think)

it is nearly impossible to hunt - but I can move around at an outpost with no problems.

I managed to install PE on a PII 266MMX with 128Mb SDRAM and Matrox G400 video card with 16 MB RAM :laugh:
1/5 Fps refresh rate :D was really funny, but the game was runing.

I currently play on a PIII 850 tuned to 1GHz with 640 RAM and Asus Radeon 9550 GE 128MB video card... I never go to laggy places like PA.

Lowest videocard I could play it on a year ago was a diamond viper 550

Rhino said:
Hmmm... Its almost embarassing to admit this, but I play PE on an old dual P3 450MHz machine with 512Mb SDRAM, 100MHz FSB, and an old NVidia GForce2 Ultra (64Mb i think), with a 4Meg Internet connection.

I have a 10 mbit internet connection, but other then that my old compu still does the job.

(Slightly off topic sorry) I am running on a 2.4ghz Pentium with 768mb Ram and a FX5700LE 256MB and i still get lots of lag around Twin and PA, I am looking to upgrade my P.C but am wondering whether all this Lag is due to Internet Connection or P.C spec and whether i would notice any difference with a better P.C.

Thnx Elroy

I have been playing PE for a while now on a P3 800 Mhz, 256MB SDRAM ( upgraded to 512 MB a few months ago ), and an ATI Radeon 8500LE 64 MB.
Internet connection is 3 Mbit Cable.

Most of the cities with lots of ppl in it, cause great lag, sometimes even freezing up. But for the rest it runs fine. :D

it's definitely due to internet lag, no question, people I know with much higher spec pc's having same problems.......

My spec is old now (over 2 years old now):
Athlon XP2600 (Thorobred)
2 X 512mb PC2700 dual channel mode
Hercules Radeon 9700 Pro (128mb)
2 Sata hd's raid mode

I get a lot of lag, theres no AA in this game or anisotropic, and yet I can play up to date games with these settings on.......

Argh non Ral said:
I managed to install PE on a PII 266MMX with 128Mb SDRAM and Matrox G400 video card with 16 MB RAM :laugh:
1/5 Fps refresh rate :D was really funny, but the game was runing.

Yesterday we where teamhunting with my girlfreind with this configuration. :D

Sometimes an audio confirmation was required. "Am I shooting now?" :tongue2:

Inventory, trade, TT and crafting screen where freeze however ... :laugh:

I tried PE on my girlfriends PC, a 1Ghz with 512 RAM and GeForce 2 GTS card. It's "playable", but I couldnt live with it.

Back