The New Kid In Town

jod

Elite
Society
Antipodean Army
Jod Jod Ekul
Some of you may have seen the announcements about a new edition to the Universe today and on further inspection some of you may recognise just who is behind it all but more about that shortly....

First the planet itself...

title.jpg

From the Arkadia website...
Planet Arkadia is an exciting new planet centred around Treasure Hunting, but is also a place for players to interact with their friends and other players in teams and in societies. Hunt or mine, or become an entrepreneur and trader. Explore breathtaking scenery alone or with a friend and make important historical discoveries. Remain a freelancer and strike out alone, or complete missions to gain attributes, the choice is yours. Your name could go down in the history books!

A Massively Multiplayer Online virtual world, Planet Arkadia is set within the Entropia Universe. It is free to play, non-subscription Sci-Fi MMORPG with a Real Cash Economy pegged to the US dollar, ensuring the stability and value of the in world economy. Security is also catered for, with your personalised Gold Card system which provides a unique 6 digit code every time you log in.

Planet Arkadia provides a secure entertainment platform that combines various forms of gaming for an incredible result that will transform your game playing experience.

You can read the 3 stages of the back story here...
Toans Exile

Diary of Milton Lee

Finding Sundari

You'll have to agree this really sets up the mood for an interesting story line.

The Main Team
This is the part I alluded to earlier...The CEO of Arkadia Studios and the man behind the dream of Planet Arkadia is someone who may be known to many of us,Especially those in the Australian community.
His name is David Dobson but maybe be better known to many of us as "Dave Ozi Epsolon".
I remember talking with Ozi some time ago about the possibilities that EU offered and I can certainly tell then it was something that inspired him and he had just the type of mind to expand and make the most of it given the right avenue.He of course had his misgivings about some of the decisions MA was making and some of the opportunities they had appeared to be missing at the time so you know what they say "If you want something done right you had better do it yourself" and thats exactly what he seems to have done.I think moving himself and his newly pregnant wife-whom most of us will know as "Missa"-from Australia to Singapore is testament to the commitment he has in the success of this project.(also congrats to you both for baby James.)

He has assembled a first class team in bringing on board concept artist Feng Zhu of Feng Zhu Design who brings with him an impressive background of movies and games he has worked on such as Transformers,Star Wars,Gears of War,Command and Conquer just to name a few.
His studio boasts an amazing list of clients with the likes of Lucas Film,Disney,Warner Brothers,Marvel Comics,Ubisoft,Electronic Arts,Sony Games,WACOM,Microsoft etc.
So he certainly has the experience and vision it takes to create an awe inspiring world that can make the most of the Cry2 engine.

Cyrus Chen will be Planet Arkadia's Community Manager.
My guess is he'll be the man to give us the teasers and keep us informed of how things are going-be kind to him guys.
I'm sure he will soon realise just how hungry and passionate the Entropia community is for new and exciting things.

A tentative release date is expected during the first half of 2011 and of course I'm sure Cyrus will keep us all as informed as he can as to how things are progressing although no matter how much he tells us I'm sure it wont be enough as we tend to be a hungry bunch when it comes to exciting news like this.

So as you can see there is a passionate and experienced team working hard to bring us what I expect to be one of the premier destinations in our Universe so show them your support by joining up to the newsletter on their website Planet Arkadia and also to the forums here or if your on Facebook throw them a "like" here .
And remember.....He's one of us so he knows what we want.

So best of Luck Ozi to you and the team and may all your visions come to fruition....soon.

Updates
  • Interview with Arkadia CEO Dave "Ozi" Dobson Here.
  • Added video of FZD's graduating class of 2010.
  • Added a teaser of one of the weapons to be found on Arkadia as posted on Facebook.
  • David "Deathifier" Storey comes on Board as in investor-Full press release can be found on the Arkadia Forums here.
  • Added second weapon 'Sneak Peek'
  • Instalment 10 of the Arkadia back story added-The Hunted
  • Added Herman ASI BLP Series image-As posted Here
  • Added ASI BLP Test Sequence-As posted Here
  • Win a Unique outfit Here
  • Added first look at the Arkadia Blade MAKO FAL-1 as posted here
  • Added MAKO FAL-1 Test sequence Video as announced in the Arkadia newsletter.
  • Installment 18 of the Arkadia back story added-Swamped
  • Installment 21 of the Arkadia back story added-Reconnected
  • Installment 22 of the Arkadia back story added-Extraction
  • Link added to the March edition of the EntropiaTimes magazine with interviews with the Arkadia Team and new images of Environment,weapons,mobs.
  • Installment 23 of the Arkadia back story added-Moonshine
  • Installment 24 of the Arkadia back Story added-Refuelled
  • Image added of the Arkadian mob known as they 'Oweko'
  • Installment 26 (Final Installment) of the Arkadia back story added-The Final Stand
  • Announcement of various Alienware products avaliable to be looted on Planet Arkadia launch.See Facebook page or Arkadia Forum for details.
  • Planet Arkadia launch date announced-24th May 2011
  • Added screenshots of the Arkadia Firebases as posted on Facebook

Last edited:
With Ozi in charge this planet is gonna rock :thumbup:

To get this far in such a short amount of time is a huge testament to Dave and his team, total respect. Jeez I remember sitting in a pub not too long ago with Dave and Melissa talking about the concept of Planet Arkadia. Awesome job!

Keep up the great work! :)

P.S. Dave, I have since beefed up my computer so Skype finally works! :silly2:

This sounds prommising :)
I cant say i know Ozi but i read some on the forums, and he seem to be a very good guy to me :)
With this planet and that team behind it looks like it will be a sucess for sure :yay:
Good luck with this Ozi :D

Reactions: Ozi
The game description sounds very inspired, read: not creative.

Hope the game is not a rehash of calypso.

I remember Ozi when he was General of Global Alliance society some years back, a very enthusiastic Entropian, I hadn't heard much from him recently, but this announcement probably explains why (as well as the extension to his family)!!

Good luck with the new planet Dave!!!

:wtg:

Having seen the trailer and the FB page, this definitely looks like a GREAT new addition to the Entropia Universe! Good luck, Dave. I will most assuredly follow this closely.

Best of luck Ozi.
All the best in your endeavour. :thumbup:

It will be nice to see what a player could do with a planet.. I am sure as Calypso has grown it will be pleaseing to the eye and have really really neat stuff at some point.

Sadly MA still controls it all and so far they are really dropping the ball with planet roll outs. RT STILL does not have blue prints to start the economy there. That is one of THE main things needed to grow a viable economy and should have been the very first thing added before even the first tree or or cloud or mob even. If MA delays this on all the planets like they have RT then all are doomed to the same fate of a slow aggonising death and ridicule by the player base.

I at least hope he will be smart enough to plan his world design with ALL players in mind and not just hunters as we have seen so far thruout PE EU FPC what ever name it will go by in the future's evolution. I hope he has the foresight to develope a better system to attract new players from not only the real world but from within the Platforms existing base. If he can do that then he will be far ahead of the entire platform.

But again he does face a massive uphill battle agaist the old men with a dream and no foresight of what they actually have.

I think Ozi will do just fine ... he's a long-term Entropian, knows the lay of the land, has astutely observed the community from many perspectives, and is not naive to potential challenges or road blocks ... not to mention having a kick-ass staff with the utmost reputation in this universe. I've known Ozi a long time (as well as the majority of his staff), and his quiet, stealth approach is nothing less than brilliant calculated measures to make sure it's done right.

Of course, there are certain things not in his complete control as we all know, but I'm sure he and his staff will deal with it effectively. I have every confidence that we will all see what we are hoping to see ... just look at what was in place already on announcement day ... very organized, videos, detailed, and with a starting storyline to draw us in ... love it.

wav.gif

Stage 4 of the back story has been released...

To Risk The World

This guy sounds like trouble :eyecrazy:

Update
Interview with CEO Dave "Ozi" Dobson Here added to the OP.

Last edited:
This is actually a video showing the work of the Graduating class from FZD (Feng Zhu Design school)
The man behind this school is the same man behind the theme development concepts for Arkadia.

You may also recognise a few parts from the sneak peeks we've already been shown :)

What can you say but these guys are good!!

Last edited:
A bump for this. Having met Dave a couple of times (and Missa) :wave: I can see this world being pretty awesome. I'm sure that a world by gamers and for gamers will have some great attributes. I'm looking forward to seeing it. This world could bring in a lot of new players to EU which will benefit all planets.

Reactions: jod
The 6th installment of the Arkadia back story has been released...

Rolling The Dice

This is actually a video showing the work of the Graduating class from FZD (Feng Zhu Design school)
The man behind this school is the same man behind the theme development concepts for Arkadia.

You may also recognise a few parts from the sneak peeks we've already been shown :)

What can you say but these guys are good!!

Wow the work done in that video is incredible. If things look as good as some of the finished works in that on Arkadia it will be a huge draw for new players I am sure. I have the ideas for things like that just not the talent to put them out as visually pleasing as what it looks like in my head.

meh, put it in the mix, I doubt I'll pay 40 ped to go to this place either. Ie Rocktopia

Reactions: jod
many gratz to Ozi. in my 4 1/2 years in EU dave and i have run into each other many times, he has always been a stand up guy.
nothing but the best mate. even if i never goto RT im sure ill make at least one trip to Arkadia, it looks awesome.

Reactions: Ozi
A little teaser of one of the weapons to be found on Arkadia....

155128_173541829330168_167291533288531_521585_2739283_n.jpg

Last edited:
This looks interesting. Good luck with it!

Theres a few things to add today....

David "Deathifier" Storey comes on Board as in investor-Full press release can be found on the Arkadia Forums here.

Interview with Alex Chapman-Clements,Lead writer for the Arkadia front line news,what we've come to know as the 'back story'.

The 8th installment of the Arkadia back story has been released-In The Balance

One more sneak peek at the weapons from Arkadia....
herman_ark-10_assault_rifle.jpg

If you want to see more of these sneak peeks then go to facebook and "like" the Planet Arkadia page.

Last edited:
The 9th installment of the Arkadia back story has been released-Arkadia Rising

this planet arkadia stuff looks really exciting and well thought out, respectful to the gaming core and not infused with alot of overblown self promotion.

i.e. really excited to see it and can't wait for it to implement!

The CEO of Arkadia Studios and the man behind the dream of Planet Arkadia is someone who may be known to many of us,Especially those in the Australian community.
His name is David Dobson but maybe be better known to many of us as "Dave Ozi Epsolon".

He has assembled a first class team in bringing on board concept artist Feng Zhu of Feng Zhu Design who brings with him an impressive background of movies and games he has worked on such as Transformers,Star Wars,Gears of War,Command and Conquer just to name a few.
His studio boasts an amazing list of clients with the likes of Lucas Film,Disney,Warner Brothers,Marvel Comics,Ubisoft,Electronic Arts,Sony Games,WACOM,Microsoft etc.
So he certainly has the experience and vision it takes to create an awe inspiring world that can make the most of the Cry2 engine.

Everything I read about Arkadia just makes me more and more impressed.

First I heard a fellow Entropia player was making a planet.

Second, he brings aboard an impressive line up of all stars to help create his planet (Feng Zhu.... Gears of War and C&C... epic!)

Third, the background and story of Arkadia has already surpassed Planet Calypso's.

Fourth, they aren't full of themselves.

Fifth, it looks f*cking awesome.

Arkadia can't get here soon enough (but I'm happy to wait, as I don't want a rushed out planet that's not completed).

I know where I'm moving to IG :wtg::wtg:

If the styling as good as they did for Gears of War and Unreal Tournament then I'm sold.

Seriously good luck with the effort. It's looking like my avatar might have a new home soon.

This is what happens when you work with professional game prgrammers and designers not a bunch of stoner bean counters and the kid down the street who showed neat pictures to the old men in the bar to get a job.

I think Arkadia will blow away anything we have seen so far. At least what I have seen is really promising. At worst case they talk to us more there then anyone has so far in the history of EU and they are not even installed in the platform yet.

FPC better clean out the digital dump and get their shit in one sock if they expect to keep up with these guys.

If the styling as good as they did for Gears of War and Unreal Tournament then I'm sold.

Seriously good luck with the effort. It's looking like my avatar might have a new home soon.
I concure Spike. The way things seem I am most likely going to migrate permanently on Arkadia. The armour designs are insane :eek: & I love them!! I think that the powersuits (armour on arkadia) not only have stats but also special abilities :eyecrazy:. I could see ah lot of the concepts are converging from different types of media's we are all fans off. Gungam/ Star Wars/ Gears of War & ah lot more...

I honestly am looking forward to this planet. I was looking forward to seeing Cyrene also, but after all this time hardly any news has come forth about that planet Arkadia is now looking more promising :yup:. FPC have less than, 6months!!! to up their game or I'm boarding the earliest flight to Arkadia & I'm sure I'm not the only 1.

Last edited:
Back