The new planets, do you think they will be profitable or just another flawed idea from MA?

the new planets will use the exact same system and loot balance.

But the scaling is decided by the planet partner. This means a planet partner can decide that de highest damage weapon does 10 damage and the highest HP mob is 100HP. That will offer a totally differenct experience.

But the scaling is decided by the planet partner. This means a planet partner can decide that de highest damage weapon does 10 damage and the highest HP mob is 100HP. That will offer a totally differenct experience.

yea i'm pretty sure they can control what loots what but ma controls how much

yea i'm pretty sure they can control what loots what but ma controls how much

MA can't just decide to return whatever they like. Loot has to be close to 100% of cost. And the planet partner decides the cost.

I can't agree more on this one. 100 times 1% is more then 10 times 5%.

in that case you probably didnt understand what i wrote.

If you have 200k players that play more but for a little bit less cost would be better than having 40k players playing less with a higher cost. Ie a bigger playerbase is better.

Reactions: P-J
(Have not read all posts, maybe mentioned berfore this one.)
If the other planets has same or very similar gameplay and basics as
Planet Calypso, I doubt they will get that many new players.
Imo, most people that are interested in RCE-MMO as Planet Calypso,
has already tried the system out. For some it was what they were
looking for, but for many, it wasn't.

But if they do have a new unique gameplay, they might get a bunch of
new "players" that join due to the unique features.
Take Rocktropia as example. My guess is that they will have people
that are Lemmy-fans to join. They don't join due to gameplay, but rather
the fact that their "God" has a part of that planet. ;)

MA can't just decide to return whatever they like. Loot has to be close to 100% of cost. And the planet partner decides the cost.

you must have been playing a different game. MA do routinly deceide whatever they like, and they have not been close to 100% return. as for the partner deciding cost, dont be silly, they will have to cut their cloth to the structure provided. MA isnt going to allow one planet to give a better return than another, its not in their interests as owner of FPC or in the interests of the partners.

in that case you probably didnt understand what i wrote.

If you have 200k players that play more but for a little bit less cost would be better than having 40k players playing less with a higher cost. Ie a bigger playerbase is better.

In other words, 100 times 1% is more then 10 times 5%.

you must have been playing a different game. MA do routinly deceide whatever they like, and they have not been close to 100% return. as for the partner deciding cost, dont be silly, they will have to cut their cloth to the structure provided. MA isnt going to allow one planet to give a better return than another, its not in their interests as owner of FPC or in the interests of the partners.

They can't offer one partner 10% return and the next partner 90% return. Of course, theoretically they can. But they won't be taken seriously, won't get new players, won't get new partners.

And I am not silly. The partner decides if the toughest mob has 100 HP or 10000HP. A 100 HP mob costs a lot less to kill than a 10000HP mob.

I have 100% sure skill is gonna be the same all the places.
Can't say my source our something more

Planets: Competition

Given the RCE nature of the platform the planets will be competing for players ...this may improve the player experience.

On the other hand many of the richer players in game achieved their wealth from being the first in a specific area which allowed them to get an unassailable lead in a profession or gain items that then grew rapidly in value (eg before storage machines shadow was tt'ed). Others gained from early 'features' in the game (e.g lava pools for heal, boxes that didn't decay when bleached and coloured etc).

A lot of 'high value' players will move to the new planets to attempt to gain these kinds of first mover advantages. Sentimentality about entropia only stands for so much when its a real cash envionment...

As with any business you get the 20:80 rule - 20% of your customers generate 80% of your revenue. So what happens when MA's 20% of high value players move to the other planets?

My approach ...well I will wait and see what happens in Entropia.

I have to think really hard before I'd try a new planet. Even if I could port Avatar there

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWTzyU5MFgM[/YOUTUBE]​

Thats my thoughts, shocking isn't it. :silly2:

On a serious note though, if we experience loot lag now then i hope that they have adequate resources to cope with multiple planets.....
I do look forward to new planets coming though for sure, extra is always good :).

Last edited:
I agree entirely, it will be a big waste! Unless they plan on somehow bringing a unique formula to these planets, bringing in new players, then it will fail

I really like this saying :"Why invent the wheel?". Same goes here, why invent something that's gonna be identical to what we have right now.
Sure the make over gonna make it look different, but the game system is going to stay the same. Players will provide developers and the owners with incenitive to sustain the planet for as long as players willing to pay for it.

Hopefully the new planet partners will be niche enough to attract their own player base and have the ability to publicize it well enough to let them know and pull them into to give it a try. The potential is there it just needs to be realised. And it`s RCE all the way for me too so I`ll be here at least waiting to see what develops.

Back