Question: The Pros and Cons of turning ALL Unlimited items in game to (L)imited

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58836

What are the pros and cons of turning ALL Unlimited items in game (L)imited?

I'm not really looking for the obvious answer of upsetting the current players who have purchased unlimited items, be it weapons, armor, ships, finders, etc. Move your brain beyond that and think bigger picture.

on chips no difference.. MF (L) impact is 100.09% cost of shooting
all teh other items woudl be decayed, disappear then all ppl would buy armatrix, that at 120% increase bullet to 101.50%
so the result would be 1.5% higher cost for UL users (some will get better some worse eff)
that 1.5% higher cost to hunt would go into the craft but with more competition to serve items prices would remain teh same for armatrix
in events thre would be scarcity of items, with increase of weapons to 140% mu
we would have to TT Tier components
crafter of enhancers higher than tier 5 probably would produce almost nothing
we would probably see gamers reverting to TT pistol and kill naked level 3 exa

maybe someone has different view

as a side note.. a shooter that shot 3.000 ped per hour looses TT (pay the server hamster) at just 4 hours per day at 2%
in teh term of 3000 * 365 * 4 * 0.02 = 87.600 ped per year
that is about 8.700 EUR of operational expenses ofr MA (0.35%) so 300 of those users feed the game
all the rest is common ranting,m we need more botters

Look at everyone’s goals. It usually has UL gear on it.. I’d say if everything was L then… I don’t know, just doesn’t appeal to me for some reason. 😂

If Mindark does away with UL items they better pay out highest historic markup for every UL item to compensate.

Last edited:
the current players
99.5% of these players have something unlimited.
Turning the existing UL gear into L would mean the end of this game (at least as we know it). It would be just a game where you loot some stuff, pretty much anything you want and not have it for long. Everything would have little to no value. This is the craziest scenario ever. The biggest asset MA has right now is the current players... without them there's nothing left.

Look at everyone’s goals. It usually has UL gear on it.. I’d say if everything was L then… I don’t know, just doesn’t appeal to me for some reason. 😂

If Mindark does away with UL items they better pay out highest historic markup for every UL item to compensate.

99.5% of these players have something unlimited.
Turning the existing UL gear into L would mean the end of this game (at least as we know it). It would be just a game where you loot some stuff, pretty much anything you want and not have it for long. Everything would have little to no value. This is the craziest scenario ever. The biggest asset MA has right now is the current players... without them there's nothing left.

Think beyond the obvious... Consider the question a thought experiment and list some actual pros and cons of what the Entropia would look like.

Think beyond the obvious... Consider the question a thought experiment and list some actual pros and cons of what the Entropia would look like.
No thanks

It would look like a ghost town, as most of us would rage quit

We will move to another universe soon. The planet as we know it will be wiped and an " improved" unreal universe will come to life. (and the old planets gone, just a memory of a home thats gone forever)
Maybe the focus will be more on L items. If L items are a lot better than unlimited items, it might work. But at this moment I am wielding an unlimited sword, but armatrix are far more eco/efficient. Still I keep wielding my unlimited sword.
I played some pc games with only L items or decaying items. My answer was to use hacks that turn them into unlimited items. (console cheats/trainers etc)
I guess I would stop playing entropia if you could only have L items.

Noting that the op didn't mention bps themselves, which would also presumably be only (L), so crafting would have to be set to drop replacement clicks at a 1:1 ratio, or also make drop-spreader (L)s available from the tt to get people started. It would be absolute chaos!
Yes, I know some missions reward with 5 clicks of a bp as well these days, and Cyrene at least used to have bps drop in some mob loot, but overall we'd have snafu central in this one area alone, let alone everything else...

This is a dumb question, It's like asking me "If you started dating Megan Fox would you quit entropia?"

It's literally never going to happen and it's a stupid ass hypothetical because everyone already has the damn effing answer.

This is a dumb question, It's like asking me "If you started dating Megan Fox would you quit entropia?"

It's literally never going to happen and it's a stupid ass hypothetical because everyone already has the damn effing answer.
If you started dating Megan Fox, you would be a vampire.

When you know, you know. :ROFLMAO:

I think looking back UL was a mistake if all top 2.0 guns were instead L weapons that functioned the same as the daily trader guns in terms of ammo/decay but lasted much longer, perhaps 3-6 months of constant shooting (more with extender) that would be better for the economy and most players. But it's pretty impossible to change now, perhaps slowly power creep items like that over time.

Pro: Forums will at least be entertaining.

Cons: Mass exodus of the playerbase.

Have fun with your dead game.

Megan fox admitted that she likes to drink her partners blood in an ongoing ritual. I think I’ll give her a pass. 🤢

Back