The Sound, The Sound..

Corby

Old
Society
Ex Cons
Corban Corby Anderson
The sound for new blp gunfire !!

sounds like you got water in your ears after a bath that you cant get out..

Arghhhhhh

not good.. :rolleyes:

other stuff seems good though..

Yep, i agree, my Mad IV sounds wimpy now...3 shots and its done....it throws my timing all off when im pressing the trigger now.

great VU, but the blp sound is bad.

wtf they screwed up the reson why i sold of my laser skills?:mad:

lol gonna cut the cable to my speakers

Yep, i agree, my Mad IV sounds wimpy now...3 shots and its done....it throws my timing all off when im pressing the trigger now.

great VU, but the blp sound is bad.

Totally agree! Have same problem with my Adj.V1.
Makes my timing suck. Filed a support case about it.

Also Adj.V1 sounds wimpy.

But again, MA makes more money on decay because of slower kills.
It's very difficult to have good timing with the new sound. I turned the sound off to be able to hunt better :mad:

Same here, every third shot sounds normal but the others sounds like dipping the gun into water....

Same here, reported it.

Support Case 97814 history
18 Dec 2006 Peter Burnett:
Gun sound effects are horrible, guns vary from being muffled to loud and back. It sounds awful.
19 Dec 2006 MindArk Support:
Hi,
Could this be lag related? We have not been informed of any changes in sound effects.

Which guns are you referring to?

Regards,
Entropia Support
19 Dec 2006 Peter Burnett:
It does not appear to be anything to do with lag. The guns are Jungle Stalker, DOA Rockjacker, AS147 and Maddox IV.

It appears to be some kind of audio processing error since the problem is not that the sound effect changed from one sound to another but that the sound effect is now frequently mis-played. I have tried two different audio drivers but the problem exists with both.

Same here, reported it.

Support Case 97814 history
18 Dec 2006 Peter Burnett:
Gun sound effects are horrible, guns vary from being muffled to loud and back. It sounds awful.
Hi,
Could this be lag related? We have not been informed of any changes in sound effects.

Regards,
Entropia Support
19 Dec 2006 Peter Burnett:
It does not appear to be anything to do with lag. The guns are Jungle Stalker, DOA Rockjacker, AS147 and Maddox IV.

It appears to be some kind of audio processing error since the problem is not that the sound effect changed from one sound to another but that the sound effect is now frequently mis-played. I have tried two different audio drivers but the problem exists with both.
Put ML-35 to that list.

Hi,

Regards,
Entropia Support .

Perhaps Entropia Support could check the VU Contents list, where it says, "Weapon sounds have been updated to add a little more variation."

LOL I do believe this could be seen as changes to sound effects.

A great VU so far, lots of nice things to see and explore, but I wish support would stop acting so innocent about changes that have been made.

the problem i have is that when i fire my gun (laser) its not on time with the animation, its just all wrong??
shoot, half a second wait, i get a sound, shoot again no sound, etc etc

I had this problem before, a couple VU's back :|

yep

the muffled sound also happens with mining, as you extract your find, the sound starts to change.

with regards to timing, this isn't an issue if you simply go into options and set it to queue your last pressed action ... am i wrong here? =) if so, please enlighten me

with regards to timing, this isn't an issue if you simply go into options and set it to queue your last pressed action ... am i wrong here? =) if so, please enlighten me

It is the way i have always hunted because then gun shoots a little faster when you mark that option, at least it feels faster and i know other people have said the same

Lag? thats a bit insulting really, do they expect us to believe a sound effect is relayed via the servers?

The new laser sound is like the laser shots in Star Wars where Luke and Leia jump the canyon... you know the bit... sounds like a shotgun. Also the pitch raises and falls every few shoots. that cannot be lag and means there must be multiple sound files or effects being applied surely?

theres also a delay the sound and the muzzle flare so you hear the sound first. The flare itself is shorter/smaller. i noticed this straight away. definatly been played around with both the graphic and sounds here.

The sound itself isn't relayed, but the command to play the sound is and that's sometime after the server has checked the condition of the weapon, any attachments, ammo available, etc.

So yeah, lag.

AG

Back